Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Concert 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse

Snooooooooooooooooooooooooze

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Do you know something the rest of us don't?? :eek::confused:

Maybe i do......................................:D

GIT!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

is slane even still going ahead or what?

wish something had been announced by now

• Advertisement

i think coldplay with snow patrol as support could be a decent shout

maybe theyre waitin til snow patrol finish their run of gigs at the o2 and in belfast to announce it??

would still love it to be foo fighters tho but i think either wud put on a gr8 show

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Coldplay to headline, maybe Snow Patrol main support, then Biffy for the rock.. foster the people aswel possibly?

Rob094 wrote: »
    Coldplay to headline, maybe Snow Patrol main support, then Biffy for the rock.. foster the people aswel possibly?

We would only get SP or Biffy tbh . Foster The People are a good shout though

Rob094 wrote: »

We would only get SP or Biffy tbh . Foster The People are a good shout though

Yea Coldplay with snow patrol, whatever medium sized band that are touring with Coldplay, foster the people, and prob some token irish band lik the coronas r sumtin would b a decent lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Anyone know what date it might be on this year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭argentum

Snow patrol
    Last night in the O2 Snow patrol announced that they would be back soon for a secret gig....either the park or support to coldplay in Slane I reckon but he wouldn't say

argentum wrote: »
    Snow patrol
    Last night in the O2 Snow patrol announced that they would be back soon for a secret gig....either the park or support to coldplay in Slane I reckon but he wouldn't say

Yea he jus said don't tell any1 but we'll b back real soon. So hopefully sumtin might b announced in d next week r so

Sent an email to info@metclub.com and was told that there is nothing planned for an Irish gig at present.

Sent an email to info@metclub.com and was told that there is nothing planned for an Irish gig at present.

Thats a good thing so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Would they not have announced it by now? Last year got KOL tickets in november!

Suppose it depends when Slane is going to be on(if it does happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

I'd love it to be the big 4! Definitely not gonna happen though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LupeBrown

I wreckon Paul McCartney will with one big act supporting. The rest will be the Coronas or Bressie or something like that. Then again I could be wrong and Lada GaGa will play supported by Nicky Minaj and someone else ****e...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Guessing there's no Slane this year then? Surely it'd have been announced by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

blue-army wrote: »
    Guessing there's no Slane this year then? Surely it'd have been announced by now?

My thoughts were exactly the same.

MCD will more than likely be focusing on the PP concerts.

Macca is a definite no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

blue-army wrote: »
    Not a bit of harm. I'd rather save my money for something like Forbidden Fruits or Body and Soul. Better value for your money than going to see some bloated commercial act like Kings Of Leon or Coldplay taking your money and making a run for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Not a bit of harm. I'd rather save my money for something like Forbidden Fruits or Body and Soul. Better value for your money than going to see some bloated commercial act like Kings Of Leon or Coldplay taking your money and making a run for it.

I'm sorry but I can't stand this attitude. I'm not even a fan of Kings of Leon (I think last year was probably the worst Slane line-up ever), but you're complaining about some "bloated commercial act taking your money and making a run for it" If you don't want to spend your money on an act like KOL, simply don't go to Slane the year they're playing. Simple as. Some people enjoy their concerts, some don't.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea when/if Slane will be announced? Would love to see Coldplay but I'm going away this Summer. :(

Anyway, does anyone have any idea when/if Slane will be announced? Would love to see Coldplay but I'm going away this Summer. :(

I think it was penned for september and yes Coldplay are the most likely to headline.

Having said that Coldplay were lined up to play the Aviva but that didn't go ahead, so I could see a possible Slane date also scrapped. Hopefully it won't but I would have liked to have heard something by this stage.

It depends on (if) Slane is happening and when they will have the concert . They could be aiming for the gig in August(for Foo Fighters ;);) ) so they have loads of time to announce it since it would be 6 months in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

It depends on (if) Slane is happening and when they will have the concert . They could be aiming for the gig in August(for Foo Fighters ;);) ) so they have loads of time to announce it since it would be 6 months in advance
    You know something we don't? Or are you just hoping for that?

oddo wrote: »
    You know something we don't? Or are you just hoping for that?

I wish , im just prayin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Coldplay would be great, excellent at Oxegen and would be able to handle the big crowd.
    The Killers were announced for V Festival in August, perhaps a possibility.
    Green Day might be at Reading in August, but thats just me dreaming :p

Coldplay would be great, excellent at Oxegen and would be able to handle the big crowd.
    The Killers were announced for V Festival in August, perhaps a possibility.

Coldplay are the only likely of those three.

The Killers and Green Day if anything will be playing at the Phoenix Park gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I've heard that Green Day will not be at Reading and Leeds, but that they are doing an arena tour in September...

I don't think there will be a Slane this year.

• Advertisement

Then there's Slane. Coldplay was the big rumour and while that seems to have gone a little cold, if Slane happens it seems a cert they'll be headliners. If not, Foo Fighters are a possibility - I'm convinced they'll play either Dublin or Slane this summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/acrosstheline/2012/02/rigsys_rumour_mill.html#more

Advertisement