Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the latest scam to hit Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Not so much a scam as scabbing. They just pray peoples good will. We've less of that than money these days so I'd say there's a roma recession too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

They are not paying tax on these earning I say deport them all for tax evasion , begging is not a victimless crime the exchequer blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Yes OP I was acquainted this guy before on the slip road at Kilcullen heading southbound (before the new motorway had opened) in a maroon car. He was on his own.

I said would I ring AA for him he said no thanks ...
    Left him for dust

Edit : I was on the Off Ramp so there was no way I could reverse up it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

lucylu wrote: »
    Yes OP I was acquainted this guy before on the slip road at Kilcullen heading southbound (before the new motorway had opened) in a maroon car. He was on his own.

I said would I ring AA for him he said no thanks ...
    Left him for dust

Thats the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Gold teeth,a car and a wife

no recession there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The "latest scam"? :confused::confused:

That one is as old as the hills.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Some scams that are ancient in one country and few there would ever fall for them work well in a new place. A good example was in Finland last summer, when guys touring rural and suburban areas in vans offered to paint roofs dirt-cheap and, when they began the work, discovered that the job would be much bigger than first thought and could they have a little deposit to get some paint and stuff ...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

When the home-owner gave them money, they departed and were not seen again.:)

According to the police, their vehicles had Irish registration plates.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

same guy in Leixlip too, i reported him to the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Romanian Roma gypo trying to scam the arse off ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

most roma are NOT romanian... they are italian

the term Roma comes from roman not romania

lol - who told you that ??

no its not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_people

the roma have nothing to do with italy other than the fact they have infested northern Italian towns , and the right wing Italians want to burn them

in fairness - they don't even look Italian - nothing close

just a tip - NEVER say what you just posted to a Italian
    they are likely to beat the crap out of you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    The "latest scam"? :confused::confused:

That one is as old as the hills.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Some scams that are ancient in one country and few there would ever fall for them work well in a new place. A good example was in Finland last summer, when guys touring rural and suburban areas in vans offered to paint roofs dirt-cheap and, when they began the work, discovered that the job would be much bigger than first thought and could they have a little deposit to get some paint and stuff ...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

When the home-owner gave them money, they departed and were not seen again.:)

According to the police, their vehicles had Irish registration plates.:eek:

gas !!!

i was in Finland a few years ago , went to the family graves on Christmas evening , now everyone else parked at the car park and walked to the graves in silence , respect and all that
    when 3 Mercedes people carriers arrived , DROVE into the graveyard , this alone being a massive no no , they (at pace ) got to where they wanted , and loads piled out and started to shout , drink and flick cig ends ,

could not believe what i was seeing , the lack of respect shown was monumental - these people just dont give a flying fU2k ,

these had German registration plates on them , this crowd were dripping in gold and were driving top line mercs worth at least 40k each
    who says crime does not pay

• Advertisement
Advertisement