Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going on with this cinema?

• 24-10-2011 8:22pm

Anyone have any news on the cinema in Roscommon?

Supposed to be opening mid November, but if you look through the windows they havent done a thing!

Been following them on Facebook, they claim to be contacting Job applicants today to say if you have or havent got a interview but I spoke to a few mates who all said they never got any call at all!

Its really starting to get silly now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

There was some sort of application at court in Roscommon Town last week, a gaming license or something.
    It's still on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Any update on the cinema,is it still going ahead?Anyone know when it will open?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Anyone been? How is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

saw Hugo there last week - paint is still drying ... but the sound and picture quality were excellent. 3D at no extra charge was a bonus ... I will go back!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

+1 for the above comment
    Also another big positive I'd like to add is the sitting arrangement.Athlone would be my usual cinema and the seats aren't really that raised up there so the odd time you could get stuck behind some tall guy which can be quite annoying but here every row is stepped up so its great(much like the eye cinema in galway).
    Also I didn't see any student prices(fair enough there's no college in ros)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

was in it at the weekend.was impressed ,its great to have a cinema back in the town after all these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Generaly a nice cinema. Bit of a bummer theres no student discounts (21 euro for two tickets compared IMC is a big difference)

Foods nice, seats comfortable, screen quality is extremely good.

One thing i didnt like when i went to see Puss in Boots 3D that there was smell of manure in the cinema room. Dont know where was that coming from but me and my gf werent really happy with it.

Theres also way to much noise at the reception area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Generaly a nice cinema. Bit of a bummer theres no student discounts (21 euro for two tickets compared IMC is a big difference)

Foods nice, seats comfortable, screen quality is extremely good.

One thing i didnt like when i went to see Puss in Boots 3D that there was smell of manure in the cinema room. Dont know where was that coming from but me and my gf werent really happy with it.

Theres also way to much noise at the reception area.

I was in for a look last sat and I couldn't see any price for tickets.

It is very loud in the reception area.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

We were in twice for bowling and both times we could not use the facilities once they said it was broken and the other time the guy who knows how to turn it on wasnt around and this was on a Saturday Night!!

The cinema is good and I enjoyed the film, the staff were friendly and the place was clean.

the bowling incidents have really annoyed me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

we went to the cinema last week, nice spot, nice staff....very friendly and efficent.

unfortunatly, the movie we went to see, was ruined by a gang of teenagers squaking at the back of the cinema, with no intent of watching it, after 10 minutes i had to get up, and go back to them and told them to 'shut the fupp up' and other words to that account, after which the did. rest of the movie was fine. :)

i should have probably contacted the staff at the time, but this was the quickest solution.. :)

ill defo go again, as it is well run and managed, and the staff are really good...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

we went to the cinema last week, nice spot, nice staff....very friendly and efficent.

unfortunatly, the movie we went to see, was ruined by a gang of teenagers squaking at the back of the cinema, with no intent of watching it, after 10 minutes i had to get up, and go back to them and told them to 'shut the fupp up' and other words to that account, after which the did. rest of the movie was fine. :)

i should have probably contacted the staff at the time, but this was the quickest solution.. :)

ill defo go again, as it is well run and managed, and the staff are really good...

Fair play for going back and telling them to shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

I was in it last night for the first time. Seats where loads of leg room. Only down side was I thought it was dear

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

I was there a few weeks ago to see The Avengers. A bit of the top of the film was being projected above the screen. It meant that for close up of peoples faces, their forehead wasn't on the screen. My sister was their the week before and said the same thing happened, she asked them about it and they said there is nothing they can do. It wasn't awful but considering it cost 3 of us over 50euro for tickets and food it was a little unprofessional

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

risenbass wrote: »
    I was there a few weeks ago to see The Avengers. A bit of the top of the film was being projected above the screen. It meant that for close up of peoples faces, their forehead wasn't on the screen. My sister was their the week before and said the same thing happened, she asked them about it and they said there is nothing they can do. It wasn't awful but considering it cost 3 of us over 50euro for tickets and food it was a little unprofessional

ya, it was the same for me when i saw that movie there, dont think it was an issue for the next movie i saw there, MIB3, could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

ya, it was the same for me when i saw that movie there, dont think it was an issue for the next movie i saw there, MIB3, could be wrong though.

Let's hope it was just for The Avengers so. It would be great if we could keep a cinema in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

risenbass wrote: »

Saw Snow White and the Huntsman there in screen 2 last night and didn't have this problem.

I have to say I was well impressed with the place It's a very nice cinema, nice comfortable seating, very well laid out (steeper slope, seemed better than some other new cinema's like Carrick) and great sound. I'll be returning. I was very suprised at how cheap it was compared to others, €38 for 2x adults, 2x children and 2x large Cokes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Went to see TDKR last weekend.Was my first time there and I was very impressed.Good seating,sound and picture were perfect.Only downside was I thought the cinema was very warm.

Advertisement