Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can u watch RTE abroad for live GAA?

• 28-08-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

I am in Poland this weekend and heard that the RTE player is blocked when abroad when trying to watch live GAA. Would anyone know if its possible to watch live GAA on a laptop when abroad?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

There is a way, but I not sure if I am allowed to say it here on boards.ie.
    Anyone know if I can explain it? It no illegal TV or that just a way of fooling your laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

- If you are in Warsaw you can visit Warsaw Tortilla Factory (Wilcza 46) and they have premier sports channel. They will put it on one of the tvs if you ask. The waitresses are aware it is Premier Sport channel.
    - If you are in Krakow I would imagine the Irish pubs have the channel.
    - If you have your laptop you can get the match for 10 GBP for 1 month with premier sport online player legally and have advantage of 1 week playback of content for the final and this semi-final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Use XBMC.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

[-0-] wrote: »
    Use XBMC.
    I don't think that will work, I have the mossy app on for rte but TV add ons still look at the ip, I can't watch BBC player due to my Irish ip
    Maybe you are talking about a stream?

If so we can't talk about that on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

There is a thread on the American Football board about how to watch American Football for free on the interweb in Ireland by making the interweb think you are in Holland (were American Football on the interweb is free)

The same procedure can be used when abroad to make the interweb think you are in Ireland

It's totally legal and free

The poster with the answer on the American Football thread is also a regular poster here.

I'll link it tomorrow if no one does before then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

careful now, Pat Rabbitte will send the Revenue after you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Stoner wrote: »
    I don't think that will work, I have the mossy app on for rte but TV add ons still look at the ip, I can't watch BBC player due to my Irish ip
    Maybe you are talking about a stream?

If so we can't talk about that on boards

I use XBMC all the time to watch the games. There's an Irish TV plugin, and also Navi-X which has lots of streams for RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

There will be a massive Irish crowd watching it at the Warsaw tortilla factory all my in laws will be there my brother is coming home to use the ticket I got him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭franklyon

Google hola unblocker works for me in France

Advertisement