Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ma Journalism and New media

• 19-02-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, I'm thinking about doing this course and am wondering if there is anyone who's doing it can tell me a bit more about it? I'm looking for a hands on course that's cutting edge. I'm particularly interested in the multimedia aspect it incorporates.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hey! As far as I know this is new course? It's either starting next year or has just started this year but I'm not so sure. I do a course in the same department.

Anyway Frank is running it. Send him an email! frank.odonovan@cit.ie He'll be happy to help, nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Frank is allowed to run courses??! o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I would love to hear from anyone doing this course too, it seems amazing and as god as the DCU MA especially for 3780 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Frank is allowed to run courses??! o.O

TALK TO FRANK..

Look tbh I would go for the DCU one over the CIT one, purely for internship/employment opportunities.

There are a lot more media/radio/newspaper etc companies in Dublin. I personally know three people that did the DCU journalism MA last year and all three have since got full time jobs out of their internships for well regarded companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Burner

Lia_lia wrote: »
    TALK TO FRANK..

Look tbh I would go for the DCU one over the CIT one, purely for internship/employment opportunities.

There are a lot more media/radio/newspaper etc companies in Dublin. I personally know three people that did the DCU journalism MA last year and all three have since got full time jobs out of their internships for well regarded companies.

Lia Lia, I have a Business Degree from UL but am current considering a career change. Is there any Journalism courses out there for Graduates? Would I be able to apply for either of the above? I have done a diploma in sports journalism from DBS (Not much i know) and have articles published on various websites. Is there any courses you can recommend or am I better off applying for an under graduate course as a mature student.

• Advertisement
Advertisement