Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

At the end where they look for your feedback, always select the 'very poor' in the "amount of reward for the survey time", if everyone does it they might listen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Davy wrote: »
    At the end where they look for your feedback, always select the 'very poor' in the "amount of reward for the survey time", if everyone does it they might listen ;)

Not if they keep doing the surveys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Yes you are one of the many suckers who have fallen for the survey scam. The only survey I ever got paid for was on Pigsback.com they credited points and I bought mobile topup. All the rest are scams and market researh companies make millions on then and never pay out.
    Irish Opinions is NOT a scam. Maybe you have been suckered into paying for a site to do surveys - most of the sites that require that you pay them are scams. You don't really need to be a sucker to work that one out IMO. Irish Opinions do not require people to do this: you do a survey & as soon as you have €10 in your account you can get paid for it, end of. Some people redeem their rewards every time they accumulate €10 & some wait for a larger amount.

Stating your opinion as fact without providing or being able to provide some sort of proof is a bit pointless, as your opinion is simply that: your opinion!

I don't do half the surveys they send, but get paid for each & every one that I do.

Click here for proof

As for Pigsback surveys they are few & far between. The last one they sent me was for 50 piggypoints. Considering it would have taken at least 25minutes to do & that in reward terms it would have paid less than 50cent I wouldn't bother.

So far this year I have received vouchers to the value of €50 from Irish Opinions which I have gladly spent. I have about €16 in my account yet to be redeemed. If that makes me a sucker in your book, so be it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

In fairness it does take ages for them to send out payment and sometimes the surveys are very boring and repetitive and i also dont agree with the ones where you fill out a load of answers only to be told you are not suitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

I did the one on Food today, took me about 15 minutes, loads of specific questions related to the answers that i gave, then the usual "reached target number" rubbish.

I am fuming as i had answer loads and i no longer believe that they do not use the answers given after it supposedly closes-especially after the detailled answers i had to give today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There was a survey the other day all about your sexual habbits. All this very personal information, like how often do you have sex, do you cheat on your spouse, how often do you mastrubate etc all for a measly 50 cent.

Like anyone will give truthful info for 50 cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Bond-007 wrote: »
    There was a survey the other day all about your sexual habbits. All this very personal information, like how often do you have sex, do you cheat on your spouse, how often do you mastrubate etc all for a measly 50 cent.

Like anyone will give truthful info for 50 cent.

The recession has hit condom companies hard :(

I've given up on doing the survey's TBH because so many of the surveys are crap. I fill in the rating on them after I do a crap one and it comes up again a few months later.

The target number thing is bollocks IMO too. If you start the survey, you should get to finish it otherwise it looks bad for the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

Got an email today, they are rewarding me E1.50 for my "efforts"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got this today in the email
    Eh no thanks :eek:
    Dear Mr X,

At Irish Opinions we are continually finding ways to offer you more relevant surveys and increased opportunities to earn rewards by providing our clients with your valued opinions. We have developed an exciting new technology which does just that. It simply enhances the value you can take from your membership of the Irish Opinions Panel.

From today we will be using an advanced cookie (alphanumeric identifier) which enables us to provide you with surveys specifically tailored to your interests. The alphanumeric identifier will update us when you interact with these ads so we can send you relevant surveys for you to complete. Please rest assured we guarantee to protect your private data in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

The next time you log on to the Irish Opinions website, the alphanumeric identifier will be transferred to your computer through the web browser. This will not affect the performance of your computer but simply provide you with additional opportunities to receive more surveys relevant to your interests.

We encourage you to visit our Privacy Policy and read more about the cookie, its benefits as well as our ongoing commitment to protect your personal data. Our Privacy Policy also details how to delete the cookie at any time by following the instructions in your internet browser. However, if you wish to ensure that this cookie is not sent to your computer again, please write to our Panel Manger at the address specified in the Privacy Policy.

We are excited about this enhanced feature and look forward to providing you with more opportunities to share your valued opinions.

Kind regards,
    Isabel
    Irish Opinions Team

How can you cash out and leave their site?

The cookie thing is very instusive. I don't want IO knowing what sites I visit.

• Advertisement

i've got a 7 euro balance , with them at the minute but I think you cant get anything for less than €10, I know you can block the cookie from the site but after this I think I'd rather let them keep it and i'll keep my opinions to myself from now on :mad:

I has €9.20 with about €4 pending. So I might just wait until it makes the €10 mark and then leave.
    I certainly won't be completing anymore surveys for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Finally theres some Amazon vouchers going at the moment if anyone has been waiting to cash out on their balance

Yep, just got a £8 amazon voucher. I won't be doing any more for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pip1pip

I use Irish Opinions about two or three times a week and to date (8 months) I have received €50 in Tesco vouchers and I am waiting to be credited with €14.50. I can only think that you havn't completed your profile fully; once I completed it fully the e mails came in thick and fast. There are three of us in the office who use Irish Opinions and only one has stopped using it. You need to look at the survey's topic and not be too honest. I have never smoked and I have just completed a survey on ciggarettes with the help of my co worker who used to smoke.:):):)

Stilll waiting to cash in my chips with them have 6 payments waiting to be credited.

They can be very slow. Are you leaving them afterwards?

They are slow but once you get into a routine and save up the vouchers it can be worthwhile and no I wont be leaving them:)

So you don't mind them monitoring your internet useage?

Why should I care?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zaphood316

Bond-007 wrote: »
    So you don't mind them monitoring your internet useage?

They don't really monitor your internet usage, as a whole, lads.

The only thing they get back to their opps team is a 'yes' respondent id: xxxx has seen this ad Y. It doesn't log all the sites you visit afaik, it just alerts opps when you see a certain add thats been tagged, and on which site the ad was placed when you were exposed to it.

They basically want to see if you were exposed to banner ads on certain Irish websites so they can send you out a survey based on this exposure.

So being cookied will only lead to getting more surveys... usually at a higher incentive because its a more difficult sample.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zaphood316

calex71 wrote: »
    I've gotten 40 in tesco vouchers over the last 18 months :D

The trick is to fill out the about you parts on the site, then when it comes to filling in the survey be clever about it, eg. if its about groceries dont say you're male 18 etc.

Its also incorrect. 18 - 24 year old males are one of the groups that are most in demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 OliverM1981

I have gotten 3 x €10 vouchers from them, but it takes months to build up as they send you surveys relevant to your profile...!

Does anyone know what ''answer'' you need to give to start any surveys that have this question at the start...

...Do any of your family members work in any of these jobs ''marketing, alcohol production, pub trade, journalism etc....

Basically all jobs that could relate to the next in some way

Ive had that starting question twice and got it wrong twice, im thinking next time ticking ''none of the above'' instead of hoping one or more of them are sufficent to get past it.

Always answer no to that first question as answering yes will automatically disqualify you from almost all surveys.

Simply tick none of the above. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

I was wondering if you claim a Tesco voucher it can only sent by mail or can they send you a coupon code by email?

Nope. They come by post only.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Ty. Just signed up last week and already got euro3.50 well most of it is still pending. Hopefully that that will keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

I have got €70 in vouchers from them and have €20 balance and also €13.50 pending.
    I think the longer you are with them the more surveys you get as I am now getting 3 or 4 surveys a week opposed to 1 or 2 when i started off with them.
    Handy way of making a little more money and getting more hmv vouchers:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I've been with them around 2 years and I've had 2 or 3 surveys a week but what I've found this last week or so is that I cant finish the surveys?!!

It wont allow me to go onto the next section with a message saying "please complete all sections... blah blah - and I have?!!

Advertisement