Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Goff developments and Centra in Bridgetown

• 14-10-2011 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I see an article on page 7 of the Wexford people this week showing the Kelly brothers staging a demo outside the Goff Centra in Bridgetown. Using it to highlight the 90k the are owed for work done for Goffs on a County Council contract. Fair dues to them. Was in the shop yesterday and the owners had their 2 BMW's and a Merc 4x4 parked outside, so they are not short a few bob. How do some people get away with so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Sad to see, very little these guys can do. You sue the principal contractor, they fold with liability limited to the assets of the company which would probably be nil or the creditor ends up with 5cent in the euro or something tiny.

Plenty of sub-contractors and suppliers have been properly caught in the last couple of years and will continue to be.

The joys of company law.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

The Goffs seem to be something of pariahs lately.

Same guys that got jailed for non-payment of pensions. Although they were out the following day, I believe.

But in reality they're just working the system to benefit themselves and if others get screwed, well, it's not their problem.

It stinks, but it's life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

Makes me sick how they screw people like that and then rub it in by driving around in top of the range flash cars. Lots of people around the area seem to have similar stories going back many years. How do they get people to do business with them. I love the way they say the Centra store is nothing to do with them.

They can drive around in all the flash cars they want, I could care less. In my experience people like them need ostentatious displays of wealth to validate their existence, because apart from that they have nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SomeNeck

Their approach is unbelievable naive - you cannot really separate limited liability from one company to negating on financial committments from another company with your friends, neighbours and community when you choose to start a new business on profits of another business!!!!!! Naive! To be honest, I have had first hand experience of their forceful bullyish behaviour over “the wife’s” business venture… but you know = the community knows, the neighbours know, the friends know and you can’t just ignore why so many people are avoiding this store.. I will NEVER enter its doors. I believe in KARMA… just wait till it hits you in the ass Goffs. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

and it's not just Goff's who have F$%ked over builders in Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

I see another article in the paper where they say that the Centra in Bridgetown is ' is committed to supporting local suppliers'. That's nice of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

I see an article on page 7 of the Wexford people this week showing the Kelly brothers staging a demo outside the Goff Centra in Bridgetown. Using it to highlight the 90k the are owed for work done for Goffs on a County Council contract. Fair dues to them. Was in the shop yesterday and the owners had their 2 BMW's and a Merc 4x4 parked outside, so they are not short a few bob. How do some people get away with so much!
    i hope they get it resolved fair play 2 them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WX123

The owners have employed hundreds of men and women over years of business. I have read up on this. Its an un thankful job to be an employer. I'm sure the workers were happy to take their wages home in the good times, drink pints in pubs on pay day and piss the rest of the money on the outside pub wall. Good luck to them in all they do. Shame the judge didn't use the same actions on politicians and other builders. Its dog eat dog out there.

• Advertisement

WX123 wrote: »
    The owners have employed hundreds of men and women over years of business. I have read up on this. Its an un thankful job to be an employer. I'm sure the workers were happy to take their wages home in the good times, drink pints in pubs on pay day and piss the rest of the money on the outside pub wall. Good luck to them in all they do. Shame the judge didn't use the same actions on politicians and other builders. Its dog eat dog out there.

Sounds like an interested party....:rolleyes:

As you've "read up on this", maybe you know who benefitted most "over years of business", the employer or the employee?

Yea the cheek of them employees taking home their wages after doing a weeks work and enjoying themselves on it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yea the feckin cheek of them employee's spending their wages how they see fit. Too much money and not enough work done for it.
    Back to the fields with the lot of them that's what I say.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

The owners have employed hundreds of men and women over years of business. I have read up on this. Its an un thankful job to be an employer.

What have you read up on? The trials and tribulations of being an employer or the history of the Goff family and their relationship with suppliers and others over the years. The suppliers have employees and families as well you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wexbar

they screwed their employees , taking pension contrubutions from them weekly and lining their own pockets , and then the lies oh my god

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

wexbar wrote: »
    they screwed their employees , taking pension contrubutions from them weekly and lining their own pockets , and then the lies oh my god

Nice first post, welcome to boards.ie :rolleyes:

Advertisement