Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why is Kenny refusing an honest debate?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Not a chance that I would go to the trouble to do that for you.
    Do you not remember the promises yourself about Roscommon hospital, about a cap on wages, about not another cent into Anglo. Even their Five Point Plan ? Or are you choosing to do what comes naturally like turning a blind eye to it all. That would just confirm what I think about F.G. and their faithful followers i.e F. F. Mark 2. Let us just continue as normal in Ireland. It's all o.k. as long as we are in power.

I am not turning a blind eye. You are the person arguing the point about broken promises. The burden of proof is on you to back it up, this is a pretty standard expectation in this forum and in any debate, why would someone who questions your point have to do all your work for you? Since you say you have no interest in doing that, well, you concede your argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,454 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I am not turning a blind eye. You are the person arguing the point about broken promises. The burden of proof is on you to back it up, this is a pretty standard expectation in this forum and in any debate, why would someone who questions your point have to do all your work for you? Since you say you have no interest in doing that, well, you concede your argument.

I'm afraid my computer skills at not up to standard to put all those pieces together. I'm new to computers. But those claims are true and i believe you are well aware of that. I actually voted for F.G. as i thought they would actually do what they promised i.e. take the me fein-ism and corruption out of Irish politics but i was wrong. They are just every bit as bad as they shower they replaced. I believe my argument is totally correct too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

I'm afraid my computer skills at not up to standard to put all those pieces together. I'm new to computers. But those claims are true and i believe you are well aware of that. I actually voted for F.G. as i thought they would actually do what they promised i.e. take the me fein-ism and corruption out of Irish politics but i was wrong. They are just every bit as bad as they shower they replaced. I believe my argument is totally correct too.

Well, I would disagree but I understand where you are coming from. I think any essential change to the way we govern is a long term plan and not something that would be changed just over a year in office. It is also worth noting that although I dislike manifesto's, the mandate given to this current Government was a coalition and that meant the public did not want one FG manifesto or one Labour manifesto, they wanted a compromise on both.

I also think we should have this discussion in three year's time and then we can see a better picture of how this Government have performed.

Advertisement