Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kildeal.ie is it a joke

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I have removed some posts while I try to decide if they should be allowed or not. I don't want to censor the thread, but I don't want anything that could potentially lead to trouble either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Can someone explain my my thread was deleted? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

just noticed the mod post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

I have removed some posts while I try to decide if they should be allowed or not. I don't want to censor the thread, but I don't want anything that could potentially lead to trouble either.

I understand Aidan, its quite a mouthful but I'm only expressing my anger and trying to inform others of his poor service

Regards,
    Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Forsaken1

From looking at their sales site (which is terrible on the eyes!!)
    They do charge FROM 395 upwards, so I would expect they often end up adding in extras (such as SEO placement etc) to increase the price after the customer bites.

I wouldnt think that a website with 3 locations: Kildare, Cork, Galway would make much money from 395 per site. Unless they got maintenance and other extras from each site.

Their website has about 20k worth of samples from 2006 onwards.
    If there were only 3 guys one in each location they would need to be winning 3 websites a week to make a basic minimum wage.

The admin alone in that process would be hell.
    Why work your a** off for very little gain??!

I think they would have to have a much higher average charge per site. Around 600 or so.

They are trying to be the Ryanair of webdesign. Not everyone that uses them has to like them...it's all about the perception of value for money.
    In the end they might pay the going rate after the Ryanair-type extras are added on...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

Forsaken1 wrote: »
    I wouldnt think that a website with 3 locations: Kildare, Cork, Galway would make much money from 395 per site. Unless they got maintenance and other extras from each site.
    look at this guy and what he's offering and at what price
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408293

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

look at this guy and what he's offering and at what price
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408293
    Yeah from 349 euro - so what? That means nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah from 349 euro - so what? That means nothing.

This page says "Complete Small Business Web Solution for €349 ex VAT". Doesn't seem to imply a sliding scale.

eoin_s wrote: »
    This page says "Complete Small Business Web Solution for €349 ex VAT". Doesn't seem to imply a sliding scale.
    Oops, followed his post only :D

Might I add their webpage is also a template which isn't very promising. The few client websites I checked out are all existing Joomlo templates so again, not a 'Web Design' company.

http://www.joomla-templates.ru/rt-equinox-tabless-russian.html

Plus signing up to boards just to reply to get work isn't a good sign either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, the first thing I thought was that it was a very generic looking site.

That said, if they can really offer a CMS, eCommerce solution along with a half decent site for €349 then I am pretty impressed. Even if that's just re-branding open source packages for all three, it's pretty cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 littlegreenman

eoin_s wrote: »

Unless I'm going blind it €1349 ... as in an extra thousand

Unless I'm going blind it €1349 ... as in an extra thousand

Off to specsavers with you!

LOL, very odd indeed. I only got my eyes zapped, I'm getting worried.

I'm looking at their frontpage: http://www.marcommedia.ie/ without the params.
    Screenshot Attached.

LOL, very odd indeed. I only got my eyes zapped, I'm getting worried.

I'm looking at their frontpage: http://www.marcommedia.ie/ without the params.
    Screenshot Attached.

Ah, I stand corrected. Sort of!

Jees that is really quite strange isn't it? That was definetely 349 before on the front page. They must have a typo somewhere. Which is it.

Eoin is looking at a different page, that offers the same I think.
    They are two different links

Yep but they both are the same product as far as I can see. But the actual homepage definetely had 349 a week ago as that the one I was looking at.

I dropped them a line, and gave them a head's up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Marcom Media

All,
    The price on the frontpage offer was a typo which has been corrected.

The actual offer is:
    Complete Small Business Web Solution for €349 ex VAT

• Website Design & Development
    • eCommerce Solution
    • Content Management System
    • Integrated CRM System
    • 1 Year Domain Name Registration
    • 1 Year Enterprise Level Web Hosting
    • Online Marketing & SEO
    • Weekly Analytics Report
    • 1 Year Updates, Support & Maintenance
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 john hancock

.Very unprofesional and unhelpfull, worst designed websites on the internet,

• Advertisement

.Very unprofesional and unhelpfull, worst designed websites on the internet,

My curiousity is getting the better of me... How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Please stop beating this dead horse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement