Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP changed today with UPC

• 27-02-2012 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

As per subject and I suppose this isn't that significant at all but for me anyway the connection has improved a lot since this change today.

The IP range I was on was 89.100.x.x and now it's changed too 109.255.x.x

I'm on an older 30Mb package with UPC. Download speed was never a problem but Upload speed always was. Previously I was lucky to get 1Mb upload but since today with this IP change I've been getting a steady 3Mb+ on the Upload.

Not that I upload anything mind, but it'd be nice for live Games streaming.

Any other significance in this IP change carried out by UPC ? Improving their network in the area or something else maybe ?

1800203130.png

^^ Speedtest from few mins ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Turns out this was because my area just went live for 100mb service. So I just ordered that just now. With the phone bundled in it was 5eu cheaper and at that, 7eu cheaper than what I'm currently paying for 30Mb with crap TV.

TV won't be a loss at all, their broadband is fantastic but dear God their TV is some rip off POS!

Presuming it'll still be ok to use blueface voip phone along with whatever the UPC phone service is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

oxo_ wrote: »
    Turns out this was because my area just went live for 100mb service. So I just ordered that just now. With the phone bundled in it was 5eu cheaper and at that, 7eu cheaper than what I'm currently paying for 30Mb with crap TV.

TV won't be a loss at all, their broadband is fantastic but dear God their TV is some rip off POS!

Presuming it'll still be ok to use blueface voip phone along with whatever the UPC phone service is?

most of the tv channels on upc can be got on freesat+saorview.

as for the sky pay for channels most of them arent worth paying for cos they show nothing but reruns all the time.

want movies? with a 100mb/s connection you could get netflix and stream hd movies to your pc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yeah with 100mb you can really go balls out and embrace absolutely ALL the things online 8) who needs tv anymore :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Turned out I was wrong :mad: 100mb isn't available yet in my area, it's just being implemented and will be live in the next 3 months.
    What changed was that their website allowed me to order the service where previously it said it wasn't available. Bugger anyway :(

I have a Multi-satellite system set up anyway for TV so it's no loss to dump TV from UPC. Nobody in the house watches the Irish channels anyway so we've no need for Saorview either, even though the TV can pick it up as it is, we've just never bothered with it.

Al Jazeera and Russia Today suit me fine and there's a load of free European channels on top of the stuff from the UK.

30Mb will have to do until then.

Wish they drop that stupid standing charge though if you don't get a TV or Phone package, ridiculous it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

most of the tv channels on upc can be got on freesat+saorview.

as for the sky pay for channels most of them arent worth paying for cos they show nothing but reruns all the time.

want movies? with a 100mb/s connection you could get netflix and stream hd movies to your pc

Netflix dont waste your money!!! 7euros for nothing.. i have the month free Trail, but once that is up i am stopping it as i cant see why pay for aload of crapy movies..

Want movies ? torrent search..

• Advertisement
Advertisement