Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help with a play (for the production of a video)

• 07-05-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

So, I'm producing a motion graphic video for a song and I need to know where the players of both team are on the field during the entire play, from the line of scrimmage till the touchdown; it's a run of the running back.

Four elements are fixed, cause present in the song; the actual path the running back takes (see the image), a feint in front of the corner, a tackle missed, and after that he's all alone. Now, I need everything else, so it would be easy for my graphic designer to know who should move where and when. All I need are graphics with X and 0 to represent the players of both team and to know how they move on the feild during the entire play.

This will be part of a video that will be posted on my website, youtube channel and everywhere else. Thanks for your help, I need it to do something that really works.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 freakingidol

Anybody know the playbook?

I know what I'm asking for is not as easy as dropping a line of text, you would need to do a couple of diagrams in Paint or do some drawings, scan that and upload it, but it would really be helpful.

I need to find someone who knows enough about football to help me with this. As soon as we have something, others could more easily pitch in and comment on that play. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Honestly, Im into Football and all, but I don't have a fúcking clue what you are on about!

A Running Back, and a song, and in the clear?

From what Im getting Its a play like this one:

Hope that helps. If you can clarify, then that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Anybody know the playbook?

Honestly as someone who coaches you could pick off a fair few plays that would start like the image you have. I threw together this but this could be 1 scenario from many. done with paint so excuse the quality.

204023.jpg

So, I'm producing a motion graphic video for a song and I need to know where the players of both team are on the field during the entire play, from the line of scrimmage till the touchdown; it's a run of the running back.

Four elements are fixed, cause present in the song; the actual path the running back takes (see the image), a feint in front of the corner, a tackle missed, and after that he's all alone. Now, I need everything else, so it would be easy for my graphic designer to know who should move where and when. All I need are graphics with X and 0 to represent the players of both team and to know how they move on the feild during the entire play.

This will be part of a video that will be posted on my website, youtube channel and everywhere else. Thanks for your help, I need it to do something that really works.

The more I look at this the more it looks like a Kick return full of missed tackles and the last one is the kicker missing.

To dissipate some confusion, the dots are representing the position of the running back on the field, at different moments; just the running back, the other players of both teams are missing.

I need the play to precisely fit what I need from the running back, where he is on the field, the feint in front of the corner, a tackle missed and then he's pretty much alone. I know it doesn't make much sense now (what would I need that), but when you'll hear the song it will.

Thanks CoachTO

• Advertisement

To dissipate some confusion, the dots are representing the position of the running back on the field, at different moments; just the running back, the other players of both teams are missing.

I need the play to precisely fit what I need from the running back, where he is on the field, the feint in front of the corner, a tackle missed and then he's pretty much alone. I know it doesn't make much sense now (what would I need that), but when you'll hear the song it will.

Thanks CoachTO

freakingidol if you are interested I can run a play similar to the diagram at Practice on Sunday to give you an idea of movement. Will tape it and upload it for you.

CoachTO wrote: »
    freakingidol if you are interested I can run a play similar to the diagram at Practice on Sunday to give you an idea of movement. Will tape it and upload it for you.

So you're willing to go all - the - way. :D

Thanks man, but it would probably be over doing it, and I need to come up with that in the next three days or so.

It would be great if you could do some more sketches. I would need to know where all the players are on the field when the running back is at his line of 10, 20, 30, 40. In the motion graphic video, I would need my X and O to always be in movement on the field, so I need to get that right and I just don't have that knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

If I was to look at that I would seriosuly say the LB's are either stoned off their biscuits to let the RB come back infield like that or wrapped up in a heap on the line. I think you might need to change the play to when he gets to the Cornerback he feints to go inside but actually goes down the sideline outside. Then the Safety comes across to tackle him but misses... dives at his feet and your RB jumps over...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Apologies, I've re-read this and you sound adamant to get your play exactly like that.

If the RB is going to feint and turn back infield he's gonna need his blockers and Oline to have come smashing through the defense to get him free for the safety to miss that tackle or else a blocker to make him miss the tackle.

Check out this run here, its a North/South run, not exactly what your looking for the first phase of play but can help with your second phase and will show you were some players can end up... If not just copy and past this play below haha

If I was to look at that I would seriosuly say the LB's are either stoned off their biscuits to let the RB come back infield like that or wrapped up in a heap on the line.

Depends on what blocks were made by the linemen into the 2nd level and whether or not he gets helps again from them on the safeties. But if the Tackle and guard on the play side keep their men inside and make their blocks no reason why the back cant come back inside. If one of the safeties reads the play and sees run he will come to the run and will have help by the CB if the WR doesnt block him right. Perfect opportunity for the back to cut back inside and try get 1v1 versus the last safety. As you said though he will need at least 2n level blocks from his linemen to stop the linebackers catching up.

• Advertisement

***UPDATE***

I just wanted to drop by to say that I got great help from CoachTO last year through private emails, thanks man. I ultimately didn't create a complex version of the play, it would have been to expensive. You can see the final result in this Youtube video, it's the full version of the song, THE BIG FOUR, THE RUN is first. I also uploaded the songs individually.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Liking the finished product and catchy tune. And my pleasure you ever need any other football related help Im always here.

I embeded the vid for people to click without having to click the link:

Advertisement