Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braces - Tightening process

• 16-05-2012 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hii everyone,

I've had my braces done in another country, and might have to miss an appointment for tightening them, is that a big problem? will I be able to get them tightened at an orthodontist here in Ireland? for a price of course.
    Idk what to do right now.. so sorry if it's a strange question ..

Thanks for taking your time to read this :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I don't think it will make a big difference, it will just slow down the process.

And I doubt you could get another ortho to do it, they would need your x-rays, treatment plan etc..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

No need, the braces will be stable until your next visit, you'll just be a few weeks behind due to the missed appointment.
    Going to the hassle of finding a new orthodontist to wade in mid-treatment isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Yea I'll agree with the previous posts. Try and reschedule you appt for as soon as you can, the braces will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

you should be fine but you should check with your ortho as some springs are not self limiting and don't stop working unless they are removed, when they need to be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 chrismartin4u

Of course you can go to any dentist to tightening your Braces. It will not make any difference from any point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Of course you can go to any dentist to tightening your Braces. It will not make any difference from any point.

sock_puppet.jpg

Edit, just in case you missed my point op- don't do this op. A new orthodontist knows nothing of where your treatment plan is going.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

OP.. do not do this.
    This would be akin to changing your doctor midway through an operation.
    They have no history, no background in your case or treatment plan

OP.. do not do this.
    This would be akin to changing your doctor midway through an operation.
    They have no history, no background in your case or treatment plan
    But I don't think that there is any problem in changing your dentist when you just need to tighten your braces.:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm sorry chris but there is a very big problem changing dentist/orthos during treatment.

I'm sorry chris but there is a very big problem changing dentist/orthos during treatment.
    I completely agree with you but I think it can be very costly to go to other country for tightening the teeth. You know it's like you are paying a double fees for a single treatment.

• Advertisement

I completely agree with you but I think it can be very costly to go to other country for tightening the teeth. You know it's like you are paying a double fees for a single treatment.

sorry I'm pretty confused, why would you be going to another country to get braces tightened?

sorry I'm pretty confused, why would you be going to another country to get braces tightened?
    It's not about me. It's about princessima as she asked about her problem.
    I was talking about her situation.

It's not about me. It's about princessima as she asked about her problem.
    I was talking about her situation.

ah sorry crossed wires.
    As the folks say above, better to miss an appointment leave the teeth as is that get someone unfamiliar with the case to do work (damage).

Advertisement