Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭gipi

Thanks P-K-Me - I have heard good reports about Stigmata Tau all right, might call in for a look-see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

gipi wrote: »
    Thanks P-K-Me - I have heard good reports about Stigmata Tau all right, might call in for a look-see!

No worries. They'll look after ya in there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

Hi guys, I'm Lisa, decided I would branch out and actually start posting instead of just looking at the forums of interest.
    On the subject of tatts and Piercings, have three tatts and four piercings.. Have had loads of piercings but with work and that they had to go.
    Definately getting my lip re-pierced though!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Howdie strangers :cool:

Long time lurker here on this forum, recently decided to make more of a go and join the community, so to speak.. :P

Just the one tat & peircing. But have many more planned in the comming months. So unfortunately, yaw'll may be hearing a whole lot more from me.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭nowayjosie

Hi everyone,
    I really want to learn to speak the polish language. I am hoping some polish person based near Clonmel would like to learn English and we could possibly meet up???? is there anyone out there interested??? if so get back to me ASAP Thanks:D:p:D XXXX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tifareth

Greetings all,

I'm new to the boards and have yet to look around properly...

I'm hoping to find some assistance and or good ideas for a steampunk themed sleeve. If anyone could be of assistance I would Greatly appreciate it.

I'm 28 have two beautiful children and love tattoos, corsets and more!

Many Thanks in advance!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KittyPot

Hey all,
    been browsing for a while, and finally decided to say hi! :)
    I only recently got interested in piercings and tatts, but i gotta say Im in love!
    I have 5 piercings and one tattoo, with another one on the way, as soon as i can afford it!
    I was wondering if anyone can maybe suggest anywhere good in Dublin for a fairly large piece with a lot of detail and shading?
    Thanks everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sam_b

Hello everyone! I'm 22 and I have 2 ear plugs. I got my first tattoo when i was 18 out of curiosity. Now I'm sporting a sleeve tattoo on my right arm.. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Never posted in here before. Thinking of getting my first tattoo. I want to get "I took the road less travelled by..." on my instep. I'll be based in Galway but will probably be in Dublin over the next few weeks too. Any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 debreall

Hi, everyone....actually i am newbie here..that is cool to have a tattoo..my friend got one eagle on the back of his hand:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xrainbowx

Hi everyone, first post (long-time lurker!)

I'm Hilary and I'm almost 20, absolutely love tattoos I have six at the moment.
    Also have 3 piercings and stretched lobes at 8mm (babies I know!)

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 IrishWolf

Another long time lurker getting back into posting ..
    Have three tattoos so far, 2 moko pieces making a hlaf sleeve on my right arm, and a tribal on my back. Planning my next at the moment, a full sleeve for my left arm, into a chest plate

Hoping to get it done by a chap named Badger in Attattooed in Bray. He's an amazing artist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 IrishWolf

Tifareth wrote: »
    Greetings all,

I'm new to the boards and have yet to look around properly...

I'm hoping to find some assistance and or good ideas for a steampunk themed sleeve. If anyone could be of assistance I would Greatly appreciate it.

Hey. All you have to do is go into google or bing, clik images and type in steampunk tattoos ... there are thousnads of pics and ideas in there ... saw some really cool pinups actually, or another one that had valves and pistons over the arms instead of muscles and sinew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Afternoon all! Got my first tattoo between the shoulder blades on tuesday! I am rubbing bepanthen off my fingers as I speak.

I can safely say that I have been bitten by the ink bug. MOAR TATS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Hey guys
    Im a 27 year old guy. I havent got a tattoo yet but am planning on getting one this year. Im not going to get anything done until April at least just so Im sure about it.

Thing is im not starting small. Im considering getting a full sleeve one. I would like a St michael one on my right and a bio-mech on my left.

Do i need to book a consultation or just drop into a studio anytime for a chat about it?

Also Im a beginner weight lifter. Will there be a noticeable difference resulting from stretching?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sidders

im sid
    have my tragus and dermal in side of my neck
    jus on this looking for tatoo ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

hi there.believe it or not i'm not really a baron,i have a more mundane title of Stephen.got my first 2 tatts (dont ask why i went back a second time) from such a dodge dude who learned how to ink in prison.oh and did i mention he had to stop every 15mins to smoke a joint so he wudnt get the shakes...needless to say i have progressed on since to more reputable artists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kast0r

Kas here from waterford, had to signup again, seems my last account was hacked/banned or something.. anyways, just a quick not to say that ill be floating in from time to time and seeing whats going on, as for working in Swineline, Myself, Michelle and Nel have all walked out over internal politics that i wont get into here..

Nel has opened his own shop in Limavady in the north..
    https://www.facebook.com/ArtofDamageTattoo

Michelle and myself are working Privately.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Hi I'm Lorraine,
    been browsing this thread for ages but just started posting a bit recently.

I've two tattoos pretty small things...One I actually just got today :D

I want at least one more...It really is so addictive...no piercings as of yet...well except the usual ears...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Hi, I'm Pippy (just on here though... not in 'real life'). Nervous about posting on here... yikes!

I'm 35.

I've got 3 tattoo's. Want more but apprehensive about Irish tattoo artists. Mine were done in NZ.

Tongue pierced, nose pierced, ears pierced! (I did have my bellybutton done but that is so, like, 1992!! and took it out last year!).

Any questions? Please ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Pippy (just on here though... not in 'real life'). Nervous about posting on here... yikes!

Nothing to be nervous about! :-)

Are you sure about that?!!

Yup, unless there's something I'm not telling me... O_o

Yup, unless there's something I'm not telling me... O_o

Haha, awesome! Thanks for the warm welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 clairebearxxx

hi im claire am 25.never posted on this thread before:) loooooooooove tattoos and piercings!!! id be covered head to toe except wouldnt be accepted in my jobs. sucks!!! have one tattoo which took 6 hours its 35 stars of various sizes starting at my shoulder and finishes at my hip not finished yet will be finished when it reaches my foot :) have 7 piercings but want more. am thinking of getting my lip pierced soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NoobSaibot5

John here, 22, from Dublin and a bit of a tattoo addict myself! Have two, would love more though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Have read here for ages and just wanted to say hello, I'm 36, I have 3 tattoos already and getting my 4th done in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Eire sun

Hi all, my name is Mark. I'm not going to trawl back the pages to see if there is an answer to my query so sorry if its silly. I have no tattoo but for a long time i have wanted a very large one across my back. I know what i want BUT....at what age are you gone past the point where getting a new tattoo would be....lets say, unacceptable ;) Notice, i have not posted my age here :D but suffice to say i'm younger than 40. I decided my back as it would not affect me with work and only those that i want to see it can do so. I keep making the excuse that its a bit late to be looking at tattoos but....:o

Never too old. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Eire sun wrote: »
    Hi all, my name is Mark. I'm not going to trawl back the pages to see if there is an answer to my query so sorry if its silly. I have no tattoo but for a long time i have wanted a very large one across my back. I know what i want BUT....at what age are you gone past the point where getting a new tattoo would be....lets say, unacceptable ;) Notice, i have not posted my age here :D but suffice to say i'm younger than 40. I decided my back as it would not affect me with work and only those that i want to see it can do so. I keep making the excuse that its a bit late to be looking at tattoos but....:o

No excuse, no bullsh!t - you're never too old to get anything done. I'm 41, got a new tat only recently. My tattooist is currently working on another which he'll start in a few weeks. Age has nothing to do with it.
    Never too old. Ever.

Yeah, what he said! lol

Advertisement