Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First world problems?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

First post on boards:

The frantic pre-first post shaking, nervous vomiting an diarrhea we all go through before we put up that first little gem. It's worse than rooting through wet coal for decomposing rats for dinner, a classic trumped up third world problem

After all that you got banned......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Sooopie wrote: »
    mate of mine is waiting on some pretty serious results, which makes me think, the little things that get you down, niggley things that might wreck your head, day to day

do we ever realise just how good we have things?

after hours, the floor is yours,

I know what you mean.
    Its not until something serious happens do you realise how something else doesnt mean anything.

But I think we are natually self-involved to a degree. Obviously some more than others. That we sweat over the small stuff. I think only with experience can we start to learn what matters and what doesnt matter.

I personally think its apart of the learning experience of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

" You have watched 72 minutes of video today "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

KeithM89 wrote: »
    First post on boards:

The frantic pre-first post shaking, nervous vomiting an diarrhea we all go through before we put up that first little gem. It's worse than rooting through wet coal for decomposing rats for dinner, a classic trumped up third world problem

Yeah, good one.
    Banned

Really, why? The name or the post?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    " You have watched 72 minutes of video today "

:D ever hear of downloading?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That's exactly what Chris Hansen said!

I thought he said MMM Bop hit the top I do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

my problem? when people assume i "have it good":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Really, why? The name or the post?

Yeah, am I missing something too ?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Ma denims need more bleachin' i can't go out wit dem lookin new?????

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

When you but 1 drink in spar and then you go to centra and its buy 1 get 1 free :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Having to refill the sugar and tea bag jars. Hassle.

Also, my Dad used to moan about having to turn on the switch on the socket, at the counter, where the toaster was plugged in. Really did grind his gears.

Frozen food shopping won't fit in freezer cos it's full. Oh the worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have to walk over to the window to get reception on my phone. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The paralysis of analysis:

Trying to decide on a dvd to watch, put one on, decide not in the mood, try to pick another one out, waste most of the night looking through shelves for something you fancy watching, decide it's too late, go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

sitting down to watch tv and eat your dinner and adverts start just after you start eating.

when the bus arrives and you are only mid way through a smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I am having a serious first world problem at the moment. The remote control needs new batteries. I have to get up and change the tele, its like I have been transported back to the stoneage, this is genuine hardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

4leto wrote: »
    I am having a serious first world problem at the moment. The remote control needs new batteries. I have to get up and change the tele, its like I have been transported back to the stoneage, this is genuine hardship.

You need one of these: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhlmlgCzgN-pQLblK3KPgbhd5WRv6uti7-pmts1wXg0mQP2MLp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Im running out of smokes and have to go to the shop. The shop is five minutes away but i dont want to brush my hair today :mad:

Will i scratch myself or not i just can't make up my mind....i'll postpone the decision for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Im running out of smokes and have to go to the shop. The shop is five minutes away but i dont want to brush my hair today :mad:

brush your hair ? wtf ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

mattjack wrote: »
    brush your hair ? wtf ...
    It goes down past me shoulders, tends to need to be brushed from time to time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

wonton wrote: »
    sitting down to watch tv and eat your dinner and adverts start just after you start eating.

ok ok....I have the worst one...

when you sit down to eat your dinner, and the ads start.... and one of them starving children in Africa ads comes on, it's really off putting, I have to turn over. soooooooo annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

when you sit down to eat your dinner, and the ads start.... and one of them starving children in Africa ads comes on, it's really off putting, I have to turn over. soooooooo annoying.

oh I know, those ads remind me of Live Aid......and then I start thinking of Christmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Standing in the shower you realise the new shampoo you bought is still on the bathroom shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

I have less than 2 gigabytes left on my mobile broadband til the end of the month. ;( This must be what poverty feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Yesssss. Hate that. Very inconsiderate of tv to show us starving children when we're eating dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

My hand won't fit towards the end of the pringles tube :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The packet of chocolate bars I purchased contains 5 bars so I had to let my guest have one more bar than me during elevenses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Having to spend 24 hours stuck in first class while flying to Australia you'd think for your five grand that they could bring back the Concorde and do the flight quicker.

A once very wealthy man said "I used to go to the most expensive restaurants and i still found fault with them".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

paddyandy wrote: »
    A once very wealthy man said "I used to go to the most expensive restaurants and i still found fault with them".

I know, I ordered a cappuccino in the Conrad recently and they ONLY had white sugar. So disappointing.

Advertisement