Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accent Coffee Lounge - Lr. Stephen St. Dublin 2

• 08-06-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else been in here yet? It's on Lr. Stephen St. near the junction of Georges St. a few doors away from the Capitol Bar.

It's a really book friendly place, so comfortable, lovely sofas etc. The cakes are delicious. It's open late until about 11pm I believe. This is unusual, as it's often hard to find a cafe open after 8pm or so.

It's my new favourite place!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Has anyone else been in here yet? It's on Lr. Stephen St. near the junction of Georges St. a few doors away from the Capitol Bar.

It's a really book friendly place, so comfortable, lovely sofas etc. The cakes are delicious. It's open late until about 11pm I believe. This is unusual, as it's often hard to find a cafe open after 8pm or so.

It's my new favourite place!

Have read about this place actually, seems like a nice spot.
    Does it open during the day?
    Is it on the Dunnes side or the Capitol side?

Also, there's a new burrito place open on Stephen Street now down past Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Sounds interesting! Accent is on the Capitol Bar side, about 3 doors away from it on Lr. Stephen St.

The reason I like it so much is because it's so comfortable. Lovely squishy chairs and sofas, for lounging around in. It's a perfect place to curl up with a book. The cakes are lovely too.

No, I have no connection with the business. I just love these independent places. I find the chairs in Starbucks et al aren't always conducive to relaxing and reading.

The Accent Lounge is pretty active on that social media site too (FB)

Enjoy it everyone! It's the little things that cheer me up!

Sorry I forgot to say, as far as I know it's open til 11pm, but I'm not sure if that is every night or just Mon-Sat. Now I'll have to go back in to find out.....

There are a few book clubs there already and a knitting club. I'm trying to think up an excuse to have a Book Crossing meeting there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Love Accents, the place is so comfy and welcoming. Their coffees teas and cakes are all quality and very keenly priced - cheaper than run of the mill cloned cafes and waaay better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I was there with a group of friends a few weeks ago

it was awesome

jaysus but the staff were unbelievable friendly

I know! Isn't it strange how we're all so surprised at how friendly the staff are, the prices and food quality, the surroundings. Why can't other businesses follow this model?

The owner explained to me that it is a "lounge" so they are encouraging you to relax and stay a while. I like it! In other cafes, you get the impression that they want you in and out as quickly as possible.

I'll definitely try and give this place as much of my custom as possible. I like to see a good business getting on well during the current climate.

Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I know! Isn't it strange how we're all so surprised at how friendly the staff are, the prices and food quality, the surroundings. Why can't other businesses follow this model?

The owner explained to me that it is a "lounge" so they are encouraging you to relax and stay a while. I like it! In other cafes, you get the impression that they want you in and out as quickly as possible.

I'll definitely try and give this place as much of my custom as possible. I like to see a good business getting on well during the current climate.

Well done!
    Well I'm all for having a bookcrossing meeting there!

Oh I knew you'd love it!

You're on, I'm going to try think up an excuse to have a Book Crossing meeting there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

With the risk of chiming in and sounding like this thread has been organised by the workers and owners of Accent, I too really like this place, although I rarely get a chance to enjoy it. Really nice staff, really comfortable couches and they definitely give the impression that they don't want to kick you out as soon as you've sit down. They even managed to make the basement area fairly nice and not that depressing at all! (Very difficult to do).

Last time I was in, they were playing Beach House's new(ish) album: not too loud, but perfect music if they have to play music.

With the risk of chiming in and sounding like this thread has been organised by the workers and owners of Accent, I too really like this place.

I know I started the thread, but I have absolutely no connection with the owners or business. I visited it for the first time at the weekend.

I was so impressed, I just had to share it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

ive literally just came from there, had walked by it a few times as I go to college around the corner and was always wondering what the interior was like...........

absolutley stunning, and dont (like me and my mate did ) sit just as you go in......it was only after an hour or so we copped there was a huge part downstairs which was even more impressive........

lets just say il be frequenting this place from now on.....love the idea of somewhere in the city center you can go that isnt neccesarily a pub, but stays open late..........

and to double up on the customer service, the girls who were working tonight were extremely nice, to the level that when the Rubbish trucks were outside, they came over and closed the door just to give us more peace.....

a truely remarkable add to the dublin landscape.....and about shaggin time too.......

• Advertisement

I just found the website there now, with the opening hours:

http://accentslounge.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Anyone got a review of the coffee?

How does it compare on the scale Butler's - Bald Barista - 3FE?

I'm not a coinnesseur - just like a regular cup of joe (is that right - I'm a Twin Peaks fan!)

I got a latte and it was fine. I'll try the rest of the coffee for you!

I agree, 3FE is probably about the best place for coffee. Though the surroundings aren't great.

I love Butlers because you get the free chocolate. However I haven't been able to get in there recently as there is never enough chairs (I hate those stool things).

So that's why I liked Accents - I got a comfortable chair, good coffee, and nice cake. It's not too much to ask for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Hope the place does well. So much so that lots of copycats open up across the country! I'd love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenasil

I totally agree. Accents is an awesome place.
    I only wish it were closer to my house! ;-)
    I love the comfy setting, and the sweets they have are lovely

Advertisement