Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Yeah, the MVP is a great little thing. Mine is the V1 so it's just VV, not VW, but it lasts for days between charges.

Don't forget that it can be used while charging too so if you're driving or something you can vape but charge at the same time.

I haven't got the mvp, I've got this little gem http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/itast3expre.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

The thread Grindle linked to is great.

What I do, to avoid carrying a spare battery is to keep a spare charger at work. I use an itaste vv vw 3 for out and about which uses a micro usb charger the same as most phones do. It could possibly last the day, but just to be sure I plug it in after my lunchtime vape.

I was looking at the cool fire 1, Innokin iTaste SVD VV/VW Mod & the emode. Both Seam to have good batteries. A bit on the big side but that doesn't bother me. Still trying to choose one.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

TonyFella wrote: »
    I was looking at the cool fire 1, Innokin iTaste SVD VV/VW Mod & the emode. Both Seam to have good batteries. A bit on the big side but that doesn't bother me. Still trying to choose one.

Ended up getting the itaste svd and the iclear 30s tanks, and all the other hardware from thebestshop.eu very helpful staff and they through in a free gift.

Going through a few liquids at the moment to find one that suits. Really enjoying not smoking 20 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 duh

Hi Guys,
    I have recently tried to quit smoking using nicotine gums. Was off the sticks for about a month and then relapsed. Have decided to go for the e cigs. At least I will be able to cut down on the tar and crap.

I found so many different shops and brands online that I am confused now. How do I decide which one I should buy. My criteria would be:

1) Battery life. Also, rechargable battery. Ideally the kit should come with couple of batteries to ensure that I always have one spare.
    2) Easy of use.
    3) Easily available parts/components to buy separately in case I break something
    4) Should be a solid product. Not the flimsy Chinese type. For ex: charger should not heat up during charging. No cheap plastic parts
    5) Price not more than 40 euros.

I smoke about 10 cigs a day.
    What brand and online shop do you recommend. A physical shop in cork city is also fine if you think the staff can help me out with choosing the right thing.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭mac1961

Hi I live in waterford and when I started on e-cig there were no shops here so I used this website www.healthiersmoker.ie, (irish owned and Irish made jucies) they offer next day delivery and I found them great, they have actually opened a shop here now so all is good. Its one of many options out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've no experience with this kit, but it caught my eye the other day

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/438-innokin-itaste-ep-iclear-16-sc-starter-kit.html

Innokin is a good brand and these batteries can be charged using a micro usb charger, the same as most phones.

Buy two kits for €40 and use the discount irishvape for 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Damon22

Lads, I'm sure this question has been asked before BUT: has anybody tried VIP e-cigarattes? They have a stand in my local supermarket and I'm half tempted to purchase there instead of purchasing online. Have read a lot of very negative comments online about VIP and was wondering if anybody had anything positive to say about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

VIP sell both cigalike and so called tank systems. From the cigalike's don't expect a cigarette like hit, but as cigalikes go VIP's are as good or bad as the rest of them.
    Their tank systems on the other hand are good quality, Evod battery's and aspire clearos. A little overpriced, you could get similar far cheaper online, but it can be nice to see the hardware in action buying for the first time.
    Their juice is good, not a huge range of flavors and probably re branded Dekang or Hangsen. At 15 quid for 30ml it's not cheap.
    To be fair they trade on high end branding and picked quality components in the categories they sell.
    Handy to have the BnM nearby if you ever get stuck for juice.
    You could put the same kit together for 30 quid or so from Vaporium and spend the spared tenner on 30ml of Dekand juice

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Damon22 wrote: »
    Lads, I'm sure this question has been asked before BUT: has anybody tried VIP e-cigarattes? They have a stand in my local supermarket and I'm half tempted to purchase there instead of purchasing online. Have read a lot of very negative comments online about VIP and was wondering if anybody had anything positive to say about them?

I've found their photon e cigarettes to be very good, having used them for over a year now, their liquid is expensive though, I usually use Eirhorse or Dekang liquids, both work just as well with the VIP Photon. They have recently introduced a new metal clearomiser which is a marked improvement on the previous design which leaked or cracked sometimes, the new ones don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

EGriff wrote: »
    I hadn't seen an MVP in person untill today, they have them in the shop on north main street in Cork (loads of different colours and designs, not just black and silver ones). They're much smaller than I thought they would be

Yeah. I didnt want one untill i saw how small they were in person
    "EGriff wrote:
    get a price on the MVP but they're charging €7.50 for crappy clearos

7.50 for the small aspires on Vapourpal stand in Castletroy, Limerick. Some mark up really but sometimes the convenience makes you turn a blind eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

J Mysterio wrote: »
    7.50 for the small aspires on Vapourpal stand in Castletroy, Limerick. Some mark up really but sometimes the convenience makes you turn a blind eye.

I keep meaning to take a trip over and have a look to see what they have there but I am rarely over that side of town .

jonski wrote: »
    I keep meaning to take a trip over and have a look to see what they have there but I am rarely over that side of town .

They have a modest selection. Its really just a convenience for me.

Vmist range
    Liqua range
    Halcyon Haze range

1 type of clearomiser (the smallish/ regular aspire)
    Ego's and some other APV's (they do have an awesome e-pipe).
    Drip tips etc.
    probably some other sh!t too

The one on chapel st in town is better (being an actual shop and not a stand) but theyre friendly and you can sample mostly everything bar the Halcyon Haze.

(they do have an awesome e-pipe).

The one on chapel st in town is better (being an actual shop and not a stand) but theyre friendly and you can sample mostly everything bar the Halcyon Haze.

I wonder which pipe it is , if it's the 618 then they are not great .

As for E-cigShop in Chapel Lane , I already spend too much time in there

BTW they also now stock the King ePipe which I find is better than the 618 that most have .

This is it: http://www.vapourpal.com/ismoka-ipipe-499.html Think its for cartos though and im not a fan of them.

What would you recommend?

My Dad smoked a pipe for 45 years and I always thought I would eventually too. A young(ish) guy can look pipe kinda odd smoking one though. Might have to wait 20 years...

What would you recommend?

Ask Viktor in E-Cig Shop for a look at the King ePipe he got in last week , I don't think he has it up online . Looks like this

I'm using one for the last 2 months or so , good solid build .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

How about this one

Shinobollo wrote: »
    How about this one

Looks more like a crack pipe

Shinobollo wrote: »
    How about this one

Thats just the Smok ePipe with a different tank and drip tip , I use my one with a basic Aspire ET-S , they are cheap and work well , very solid .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

jonski wrote: »
    Thats just the Smok ePipe with a different tank and drip tip , I use my one with a basic Aspire ET-S , they are cheap and work well , very solid .

Exactly. Just wanted to show what can be done with cheap and cheerful. I've used an aerotank and a vivi nova with it as well but find the protank best. I think it struggles a bit with dual coil heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

i copy pasted this from duh

I found so many different shops and brands online that I am confused now. How do I decide which one I should buy. My criteria would be:

1) Battery life. Also, rechargeable battery. Ideally the kit should come with couple of batteries to ensure that I always have one spare.
    2) Easy of use.
    3) Easily available parts/components to buy separately in case I break something
    4) Should be a solid product. Not the flimsy Chinese type. For ex: charger should not heat up during charging. No cheap plastic parts
    5) Price not an issue.

So yeah i want to make the switch to Ecigs and just want to know if there are any quality products out there someone could recommend.

i was looking at the Kanger EMOW 60 euro kits from ecigarettesworld.ie ,anyone have experience with them.

Thanks

• Advertisement

LazyPicti wrote: »
    i copy pasted this from duh

1) Battery life. Also, rechargeable battery. Ideally the kit should come with couple of batteries to ensure that I always have one spare.
    2) Easy of use.
    5) Price not an issue.

So yeah i want to make the switch to Ecigs and just want to know if there are any quality products out there someone could recommend.

i was looking at the Kanger EMOW 60 euro kits from ecigarettesworld.ie ,anyone have experience with them.

Thanks

Anyone? i would like to order in the morning.are ecigarettesworld.ie any good i didn't see them in the sticky.

I'd reccomend this starter kit to you: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireistick.htm

The iStick is brilliant and is almost universally loved now. People are raving about the mini nautilus. For the nautilus you just need replacement coils to swap as they wear, i believe the kit comes with some. Get some wingnuts liquid too.

I'm not familiar with the website you've mentioned or the product either neccesarily. I would recommend the above site or thebestshop.eu. Your product looks ok but I think better to go for that i've listed as its universally adored right now and ive not come across yours i.e. its probably not well known.

1) Battery life - iStick is rechargeable through micro usb and a charge can last about two days depending on use, which is very impressive for such a small, pretty device.

2) Easy of use - simple to use and is variable voltage and wattage i.e. change v or w to get your ideal vapour output. The Nautilus is handy looking as well, just change the coil when it wears out. Should get at least a week.

3) Easily available parts/components - BVC coils is all you need to replace really and these are available from almost all ecig shops of worth and almost all ecig sites.

4) Should be a solid product - istick is solid. Nautilus may or may not be glass though. Could be pyrex, not sure. Maybe get a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nuttyboy79

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Anyone? i would like to order in the morning.are ecigarettesworld.ie any good i didn't see them in the sticky.
    No not in my opinion the equipment is dated and will lead to you giving up vaping because it just wont give you the same hit.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1817.htm
    Any one of these starter kits are much better particularrly http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireistick.htm this. It ticks all your boxes, with the exception of the double kit and the solidness of the tank.

But the battery lasts for most people around a day and a half very few get a day out of it but they would be the minority. As for the solidness of the tank http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/mininautsteel.htm this sorts it.

I know these are only from one place and most of the others on the vendors list carry the same type of stock but tgey are the ones I use and can recommend them.

Depending where you are go into your local vaping shop and try stuff out stay away from frachises and kiosks in shopping centers and you should be ok.

That looks really nice guy's, sadly esmokeireland don't seem to have it in stock.do i get a charger with that kit not a lot of info on it.

If you have a samsung its the same charger (micro usb). You could pick that up for €15 in carphone warehouse if you havent one knocking around the house.

Surprised they havent the kit in stock. You could buy the constituents of that there I think, or prob in thebestshop.

Actually the best shop have the constituents of the above kit crazy cheap.

iStick (with charger) - €36
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/514-eleaf-istick-full-kit.html

Nautilus Mini - €20
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/aspire-clearomizers/470-aspire-nautilus-mini.html

Get some coils and some juice. Bingo.

will any mini USB do or is Samsung the only one that fits it.iVape are in the sticky and they have the Aspire in stock :)

Whats the story with the liquids do they all have nicotine in them, even the orphans tears liquid lol.

Actually the best shop have the constituents of the above kit crazy cheap.

iStick (with charger) - €36

Nautilus Mini - €20

Get some coils and some juice. Bingo.

ah that's handy thanks man

Any mini usb.

Nic levels will vary. I recommend you start at 18mg. Don't go lower than 12mg to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Best shop have them you have to order them separately if you order them before Monday you get 10% off and if you use the code"irishvape" at checkout you get another 10% off

Advertisement