Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

its at times like this I'm so happy I'm an annual pass subscriber

Get it for free, its already downloaded and installed, and I start at 11pm May 14th

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the only downside to that is that you have to sub to wow for a year.. and well, wow has gotten incredibly boring lately. I'd rather fork out the dosh for D3 than resub to wow before MoP is released. At least by then i know for certain i'd have something possibly worth logging in for aside from watching tradetrolls and drama in whatever capitol i'm afk in :D

Still though i see your point, if you're planning on subbing to wow for an extended period anyway it's definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

the only downside to that is that you have to sub to wow for a year.. and well, wow has gotten incredibly boring lately. I'd rather fork out the dosh for D3 than resub to wow before MoP is released. At least by then i know for certain i'd have something possibly worth logging in for aside from watching tradetrolls and drama in whatever capitol i'm afk in :D

Still though i see your point, if you're planning on subbing to wow for an extended period anyway it's definitely worth it.

hmmmm a lot of WOW players wont even have idea what diablo 3 is, i liked how WOW gamers were so hyped about SC", but then realised its an RTS game and has nothing to do with WOW style. I am sure there will be same with diablo 3. So if they enjoy wow and have no problem with having sub, then it is a lovely perk to have D3 for free. though i know some people who resubbed wow just because of that deeal... :rolleyes: they barely play wow now, but they see it as bargain.

on the other hand i really cant see it being easy to be good at both gammes at same time, both of them are time sinks. like we all know 2xtime sinks at same time do not work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I still haven't given up trying to find a copy of the CE but I've pretty much lost all hope of it happening.

If anyone can find me a CE i'll send them a game for free... seriously!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Big Knox wrote: »
    I still haven't given up trying to find a copy of the CE but I've pretty much lost all hope of it happening.

If anyone can find me a CE i'll send them a game for free... seriously!!!

Tescoentertainment have it on their site. Not sure what the deal is with postage though.
    I remember there was a way to order items from it in the past.

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/game/pc-diablo-iii-collectors-edition/8%3a938489

Other than that, keep an eye on the Amazon.co.uk listing. It will re-list it for pre-order the odd time if any get cancelled in the meantime.

• Advertisement

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    Tescoentertainment have it on their site. Not sure what the deal is with postage though.
    I remember there was a way to order items from it in the past.

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/game/pc-diablo-iii-collectors-edition/8%3a938489

Other than that, keep an eye on the Amazon.co.uk listing. It will re-list it for pre-order the odd time if any get cancelled in the meantime.

Interesting, although they only deliver to Northern Ireland. Not much use unfortunately.

Have been watching Amazon alright but nothing as of yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

What's the interface like for this game? Does it have its own launcher? Or will it merge with Starcraft?

Ok this is going to sound desperate (because I am) but let's say someone has the CE on order but isn't overly attached to the thought of it yet. I will trade someone a standard copy of D3 and a brand new Mass Effect 3 N7 CE for it. Hypothetically speaking of course... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Why do you want it so bad ?

I've been waiting for D3 since D2, actively campaigning for it on some of the bigger sites for years after D2. I got all my friends into gaming with D2 and I had pretty much given up hope before D3 was announced. I can remember where and when I heard the D3 news, I was only home from a pretty major night out and was still drunk. Ended up on vent that morning having not slept and rang pretty much everyone I know that played D2 to tell them the news!!! :pac:

I've read the Sin War books and I know it's a game I will be playing for years. It would feel wrong not to end up with the CE to be honest. However I made a complete balls of it thinking I could wait and pre-order in the local gamestop. :(

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Why do you want it so bad ?

well i dont blame him. if i would not had secured myself a CE of diablo 3, i would be going and giving sexual faivors for it at this stage :D

blizzards CE are always cool. let alone boxes they come in, savage stuff! i am big diablo fan too. the time i wasted on diablo games is bigger, then i played everything put together :D. so i am sort of looking forward to it now, i am pretty sure he does to. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've been waiting for D3 since D2, actively campaigning for it on some of the bigger sites for years after D2. I got all my friends into gaming with D2 and I had pretty much given up hope before D3 was announced. I can remember where and when I heard the D3 news, I was only home from a pretty major night out and was still drunk. Ended up on vent that morning having not slept and rang pretty much everyone I know that played D2 to tell them the news!!! :pac:

I've read the Sin War books and I know it's a game I will be playing for years. It would feel wrong not to end up with the CE to be honest. However I made a complete balls of it thinking I could wait and pre-order in the local gamestop. :(

I just had a look on amazon.com and they have it for 179 dollars if your interested,not sure they ship to Ireland though and it's 2nd party sellers not being sold by amazon :-/ worth looking into maybe :-/?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

well i dont blame him. if i would not had secured myself a CE of diablo 3, i would be going and giving sexual faivors for it at this stage :D

blizzards CE are always cool. let alone boxes they come in, savage stuff! i am big diablo fan too. the time i wasted on diablo games is bigger, then i played everything put together :D. so i am sort of looking forward to it now, i am pretty sure he does to. ;)

haha, fair enough. Glad i ordered mine day after it was announced :P

I just had a look on amazon.com and they have it for 179 dollars if your interested,not sure they ship to Ireland though and it's 2nd party sellers not being sold by amazon :-/ worth looking into maybe :-/?

Yeah it seems people are taking advantage of the demand already. I need to get it but I wouldn't pay over double the price for it, I couldn't justify that unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 konkon

haven't been so excited about a game in years. they did an amazing job imo and from what i 've seen in last weekend's open beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Yeah it seems people are taking advantage of the demand already. I need to get it but I wouldn't pay over double the price for it, I couldn't justify that unfortunately. :(

It's available on GAME's website too. I think they ship to Ireland.
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/diablo-iii-collectors-edition-167121

It wouldn't be the first time for them to cancel a collectors edition order a day or two before it ships though. Happened with the ME3 one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It wouldn't be the first time for them to cancel a collectors edition order a day or two before it ships though. Happened with the ME3 one.

eh........I wouldn't trust game tbh ;s

Yeah I was advised not to go with Game already, they seem to be a mess at the moment but I don't know might have to take the chance maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Will they be releasing a demo? Wouldn't mind trying the game, though not sure how it would run on my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

madrab wrote: »
    Will they be releasing a demo? Wouldn't mind trying the game, though not sure how it would run on my laptop

I think if your laptop is less than 6 years old it should probably be able to run it.

System requirements here:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

• Advertisement

madrab wrote: »

Knowing blizzard, they will make sure their game can run on anything: starting from your kettle and ending NASA computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

tv spot commercial.. gimmie gimmie!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm as excited for the cinematics as i am for the loot :o

How does multiplayer co-op work? Can I drop into games with randoms anytime or do you have to get in a lobby first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm as excited for the cinematics as i am for the loot :o

So true, was just thinking about this last night after watching that teaser TV trailer. I presume that they'll release the full "launch" or opening cinematic maybe next Tuesday? They've been releasing vids every Tuesday the past while and it will probably be a vid of the Wizard tomorrow, so next Tuesday I reckon will be the opening cinematic.

Seriously cant wait for that! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

grizzly wrote: »
    How does multiplayer co-op work? Can I drop into games with randoms anytime or do you have to get in a lobby first?

Not sure about lobbies etc but i played through with my son,i just invited him and we played away in a party, very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

grizzly wrote: »

Yea you can drop into other randomers games. You can also open your game up to the public, so others can drop into yours

I believe its similar to the system used in Borderlands - you choose to join other peoples games, based on the current state of that games quest line.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How many people can play together at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Kiith wrote: »
    How many people can play together at a time?

up to 4

• Advertisement

Just pre-ordered the standard version on Amazon for €40. Would have liked to have gone digital download, but couldn't justify the extra €20.

Advertisement