Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you get your F1 news on the web?

• 07-08-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭

I get most the F1 news from Autosport.com (as well as reading this forum of course), but seeing as they are now only allowing a limited number of free news stories (something like 50 per month), I was wondering where else other boardsies get their news for F1?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

pitpass.com

planetf1.com

scarbsf1.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Mostly autosport - have been happy to pay since the AtlasF1 days, also F1Fanatic, scarbs, BBC, James Allen.

Not a fan of Pitpass, most insular place on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Formula+One

This site pulls articles from many other websites from around the world and posts them as they are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

manipef1.com

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mcquill

Crash.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

totalf1.com

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

BBC.
    Autosport
    Speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I use twitter to follow all the main F1 news sites as well as the drivers and teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

bbc and planet f1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

bbc and planet f1
    Planet F1 is like the Daily Mail of F1 news reporting, full of sensationalism and bias.

F1 Fanatic will serve you well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kartincolin

Autosport website and SPEED app

TheChrisD wrote: »
    manipef1.com
    unfortunately no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

If you have a smart phone this is a humdinger and its free. It pulls in the news from all the sites from around the web.

Its the best app on my phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Red+Sea+Software

Get the new version obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

http://stephenenglish.ie/ from our very own frostie500

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I see Autosport.com have lost all touch with reality and are trying to limit your "free" views through cookies per month. That's going to turn the tide...

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Kevski

I follow most of the drivers and teams, Sky Sports, Jake Humphrey etc. on Twitter. It's a great way of getting personalised news!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

F1fanatic, usually the most comprehensive for news, and well thought out analysis.

The owner does let the odd personal bugbear colour his reporting, though. (drs is the prime example)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

gpupdate.net is my day to day source of news as they cover even the most trivial items (which can be interesting) that main news sites may not bother with.

BBC is very good for team/driver/track information and also previews/reviews of races and seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Are there any good Android apps for F1 petrol heads, it's surprising that there isn't an official timing app yet.

The Soft Pauer app is the official live timing app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

The Soft Pauer app is the official live timing app.

Yeah it's a bargain at €29.99.

I wonder how many people actually buy this app? It only has 16 reviews on the google play store.

There are plenty of free unofficial ones out there but I don't use them that often.

Advertisement