Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDKLA N97 internet settings O2 or Vodafone help ?

• 23-08-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have been adventurous and got myself a NDKLA N97 phone which I know is a made in china copy but it seems to be a good phone. It has TV, which I can get 4 channels on. The radio can work without earphones, which is great and loud too. All that aside I have a issue with setting up WAP on it as it does not have WIFI. I asked in the O2 shop, which I would like to use but they do not have the setting for this phone. Can anyone help?

This phone has 2 Sim cards so I am on Vodafone as well which I could use but O2 would be better.

Thanks in advance J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

gar32 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have been adventurous and got myself a NDKLA N97 phone which I know is a made in china copy but it seems to be a good phone. It has TV, which I can get 4 channels on. The radio can work without earphones, which is great and loud too. All that aside I have a issue with setting up WAP on it as it does not have WIFI. I asked in the O2 shop, which I would like to use but they do not have the setting for this phone. Can anyone help?

This phone has 2 Sim cards so I am on Vodafone as well which I could use but O2 would be better.

Thanks in advance J

The O2 APN settings, including WAP, can be found in the FAQs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Oh if things where so easy :) Live would be boring :)

here goes

profile name : O2 Ireland

Homepage : http://www.o2.ie

data account : o2 ( This is other setup in phone see below)

Connection type : wap

User name : user

password : user

These are my options so far for WAP connection. Below are my Data account details

Account name : o2

APN : internet

User name : gprs

password : gprs

Auth. type : normal

I know it will be something silly but any help would be gratefuly recived.

Regards Gar32

Regards Gar32
    From what I can see, the "Data account details" should be those for WAP, even though this would mean you'll be entering the user name and password for the WAP APN twice.

Try this setup instead:

Profile name: O2 Ireland
    Homepage: http://www.o2.ie
    Data account: O2
    Connection type: wap
    User name: user
    Password: user

Data account details

Account name: O2
    APN: wap.dol.ie
    User name: user
    Password: user
    Auth. type: normal

Its working wwooowww Thanks a million. I will try MMS now. If this was ebay you would have 5 stars all the way :)

Its working wwooowww Thanks a million. I will try MMS now. If this was ebay you would have 5 stars all the way :)

It's no problem. I'm glad to hear you've got it working. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lallouss

hey can you give me the settings of mtctouch lebanon wap please on the ndkla coz i have one too ,,,and the internet settings arnt working ....when the mtc touch send me the settings..they tell me to put a pin 123456,,,,but its not working,,,and they cannot do anything about it,,,so can you please help me and give me another way to try to make internet wap work on my ndkla n97?
    thank you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lallouss

hey can you give me the settings of mtctouch lebanon wap please on the ndkla coz i have one too ,,,and the internet settings arnt working ....when the mtc touch send me the settings..they tell me to put a pin 123456,,,,but its not working,,,and they cannot do anything about it,,,so can you please help me and give me another way to try to make internet wap work on my ndkla n97?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lnagel

Hi my name is Louis
    I have the same phone but I cannot change the account data.The apn name is cmnet and I want to change it to internet.
    Maybe the GPRS settings is locked?

Can you perhaps help me?
    Thanks
    Louis
    Oh if things where so easy :) Live would be boring :)

here goes

profile name : O2 Ireland

Homepage : http://www.o2.ie

data account : o2 ( This is other setup in phone see below)

Connection type : wap

User name : user

password : user

These are my options so far for WAP connection. Below are my Data account details

Account name : o2

APN : internet

User name : gprs

password : gprs

Auth. type : normal

Regards Gar32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do you have the option to add a new profile?

Under services there is a wap and data account menus.
    Under Wap there is Setting and under settings there is edit profile. There I can choose gprs1,gprs2 or gprs3 but I cannot edit the gprs1,2 or 3 names.

Under the Data account menu there is only 3 GSM accounts.

There is no add new profile menu.

Thanks
    Louis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

lnagel wrote: »
    Under services there is a wap and data account menus.
    Under Wap there is Setting and under settings there is edit profile. There I can choose gprs1,gprs2 or gprs3 but I cannot edit the gprs1,2 or 3 names.

Under the Data account menu there is only 3 GSM accounts.

There is no add new profile menu.

Thanks
    Louis.

Hi,

could I ask what network provider this is for? The settings above are for Ireland, so it may be different for your country.

Its for MTN in South africa. I have all the manual setting for MTN but I cant change it "apn name must be internet and it is set to cmnet".

Thanks
    Louis

(Sorry I got it :) wap working mms not but thats ok

I did not think I would be coming back in here :)

I am changing from O2 to Tesco Mobile due to international rates. Any chance someone could point me in the direct for WAP setting for my still working very well NDLKA N97 Many thanks

Advertisement