Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops and USB TV tuners

• 16-07-2005 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with above,do they work well or what spec Lap would you need.
    Dont know much about them but could find occasional use or mabe it would be better to buy a small LCD TV.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd be more interested in the fact that you could use it for a laptop "vcr".

If any one could let us know what the story is it would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I got me one of these. Does exactly what it says on the tin, no complaints apart from the software (dire). Which is nicely fixed with this. Turns your PC/Laptop into a SKY+ so you can record/pause live TV, schedule recordings for later. The unit also comes with a remote, which does the job too (apart from the fact that I have a remote for my projector and external sound card too :D).

I don't think it needs a very powerfuly spec as all encoding is done in hardware (i.e. the device itself does all the hard work). My spec is a 3.2Ghz P4 with 1 gig of ram and a paltry 30gig HD.

Advertisement