Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts Jobs

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

1. it's streamed from adverts.ie itself, so what you see in that box is live.
    2. that's something to bring up in adverts support desk http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=646
    3. already there http://blog.adverts.ie/index.php/2012/02/24/new-adverts-ie-jobs-app-employer-jobs-straight-to-your-phone/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

1. it's streamed from adverts.ie itself, so what you see in that box is live.
    2. that's something to bring up in adverts support desk http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=646
    3. already there http://blog.adverts.ie/index.php/2012/02/24/new-adverts-ie-jobs-app-employer-jobs-straight-to-your-phone/

1...cool...didnt seem to move while i watched though........

2...im too lazy...

3.....i mean a live .....feed....more like the fb app....a widget thats docked on the ...smartphones..(i suppose you,d call it}...desktop......maybe even one that could make a noise or email/text to your phone one,s that match all your criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

denballs wrote: »
    1...cool...didnt seem to move while i watched though........

2...im too lazy...

3.....i mean a live .....feed....more like the fb app....a widget thats docked on the ...smartphones..(i suppose you,d call it}...desktop......maybe even one that could make a noise or email/text to your phone one,s that match all your criteria.

1. It doesn't stream. It will refresh the latest jobs when you reload the page.
    2. That's nice
    3. It's a feature suggestion for the Adverts.ie team to look at, but as per #2 you're probably too lazy :)

Suffice to say, it's nothing to do us :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

1. It doesn't stream. It will refresh the latest jobs when you reload the page.
    2. That's nice
    3. It's a feature suggestion for the Adverts.ie team to look at, but as per #2 you're probably too lazy :)

Suffice to say, it's nothing to do us :)

Never mind......foolish of me to expect my standards from boards/adverts....Ive already been told not to this week...lol

We're not failing to meet any "standard" here, we're failing to meet your "expectation", there's a clear difference and you've clearly got very high expectations.

In any case, Adverts.ie is different to Boards.ie and your suggestions are best put to them, which you've already said you're too lazy to do.

I'm.............finished..... playing....... with... trolls..

....................lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

This is more a suggestion than a complaint, but i would prefer a hospitality or culinary section as opposed to "chef jobs", just doesn't sit well to my eyes. Yes i know its very minor, but just wanted to let you know:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

Hi, has anyone had any joy with using this?

talkinyite wrote: »

It's a jobs section on Adverts.ie. It lists jobs and gives you the option to apply for them. It's currently online and appears to be working well. I'm not sure what you mean by "any joy with this?" - do you mean it's not working or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

ah right no sorry it's just a few of the job list sites I've tried use seemed to actually be spam sites trying to get you to pay for this and that. Nevermind, cheers.

ah right no sorry it's just a few of the job list sites I've tried use seemed to actually be spam sites trying to get you to pay for this and that. Nevermind, cheers.

Oh, no - you'll not find too many of those on Adverts.ie and if you do then report them; only legitimate "we'll pay you to work for us" jobs go up there :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

jaydoxx wrote: »
    This is more a suggestion than a complaint, but i would prefer a hospitality or culinary section as opposed to "chef jobs", just doesn't sit well to my eyes. Yes i know its very minor, but just wanted to let you know:)

The adverts.ie support forum is available for your viewing pleasure here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=646

We'll do our best to answer any questions or suggestions you may have there. :)

Is this legit? Looks like a commission only job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Is this legit? Looks like a commission only job.

Is this not where these questions are meant to go? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

I think you should ban commission only jobs as point of principle.

I don't think they should be banned. But it should be advertised clearly that it has no basic salary. I see nothing wrong with it then.

I find one of problems might be that none of the job websites including boards one here do not have a special section for Commision only jobs. that would help a bit maybe, as at least some of them would post their ads to where they are supposed to.

few of these actually do say in ad its commision only. Then theres also ones with basic salary+commision. For the ones that also have basic i find it perfectly normal to keep them in jobs section.

Theres lot of people who like these kinds of jobs, also people who want to take on either extra job or choose their worktime (thats what these jobs normally allow). So its handy for people who for one reason or another cant work normal times - home-with-kids-moms, students, etc. Or people who just want to try had in something like say sales jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

since uve implemented those new ads and things to adverts, site itself take long time to load...
    try to optimize it somehow...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

a) Nice scrolling sidebar, I can has animated sig now? It would'nt be any less ugly that that.

b) Hertz advertising for unpaid labour. Classy stuff lads.

Bambi wrote: »
    a) Nice scrolling sidebar, I can has animated sig now? It would'nt be any less ugly that that.

b) Hertz advertising for unpaid labour. Classy stuff lads.

a) No!

b)
    Is this not where these questions are meant to go? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

I think you should ban commission only jobs as point of principle.

i thought that people like gordon got paid in food for every person that they banned ??

also; i see no problem with the advert... though i would love to see how long pighead or similar would last in that given roles ( lets be honest... they'd be tempted to muck about ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

I think you should force employers to list a salary for each job. Every single job I've seen on adverts jobs has Salary: On Application. I want to know if it is worth my while applying for a job - no point going through the process only to find out the job is paying significantly less than I'm currently on!

If not that, then add a simple search criteria to the site which will enable us to search ONLY jobs that have a salary range listed?

tell them yourself :pac: - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=646

It can be annoying when searching for jobs if they have no salary, gives you no incentive to apply.

but on the other hand it's understandable as they can't go advertising that sort of stuff around as it will piss off their workforce.

• Advertisement
Advertisement