Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Charts 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Correct
    But in F not c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

redsunset wrote: »
    Correct
    But in F not c

How stupid of me :o Had not noticed , dam americans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

The green is a -9 , the white is -16/-17 and the purple is -18/-19

Has -9 on green if you look closely at it

I presume that's Fahrenheit? If not....:eek::D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    I presume that's Fahrenheit? If not....:eek::D

Il have to nip off the CFS model to get a few FI charts so I sweep my indiscretions under the table :o

WOW look at this beauty

[IMG][/img]cfs-2-288_ctq2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Helloo...:D:D

ECM0-192_atg2.GIF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Nice..gfs-1-144.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

And way in on FI on the the 12z ECM run, signs of the scandi high pushing west again.

ECM1-240.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

A zonal flow as flat as a pancake for next Tuesday!
    I think flooding in E.Europe will be in the news next week, with rivers frozen solid the snow melt will have nowhere to go?Recm1201.gif

Time to get the sand bags ready?
    Look how far east the 546 dam line is in Eastern Europe!
    brack4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Time to get the sand bags ready?
    Look how far east the 546 dam line is in Eastern Europe!

2 questions

1.) What is the "546 dam line"?

2.) Sand bags ready. Explain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

2 questions

My guess is warmer temperatures will melt all the snow still lying on the ground.

2 questions

The Dam line is the height of the 500mb level above sea level which varies depending on how cold or warm the lower atmosphere is.
    A sub 528 dam is generally required for snow but the 546 is usually in the vicinity of Ireland in winter and not so far east.
    We need blue colours over Ireland for any decent winter weather. This chart is a perfect example. (see graph on right of chart)
    Rrea00120101222.gif

snow on the ground melts quickly but ice on rivers takes much longer. There was serious flooding in the UK in March 1947 because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭arctictree

A final blast of winter perhaps?

120328_0000_144.png

120328_0000_138.png

arctictree wrote: »
    A final blast of winter perhaps?

120328_0000_144.png

120328_0000_138.png

The ECM would say yes, but the gfs have none of it, If it dose happen its going to be a shock to the system after this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

The ECM would say yes, but the gfs have none of it, If it dose happen its going to be a shock to the system after this week.

God I hope not, weather in dublin is absolutely beautiful atm, some of the clearest skies I've ever seen, sun spitting the rocks, no wind, and I'd say its about 20 degress out side now. In my shorts, tshirt and fli flops right now:D Would ate if it got colder, if it even does happen it wont be the proper snow and will melt quickly, long live the nice hot weather hopefully all summer long!

bb1234567 wrote: »
    God I hope not, weather in dublin is absolutely beautiful atm, some of the clearest skies I've ever seen, sun spitting the rocks, no wind, and I'd say its about 20 degress out side now. In my shorts, tshirt and fli flops right now:D Would ate if it got colder, if it even does happen it wont be the proper snow and will melt quickly, long live the nice hot weather hopefully all summer long!

Dont think it will be a snow fest, just a lot colder than we have right now:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully this will only be a brief spell of colder weather before it turns better again, then again I dont mind a crap April as long as July and August turn out decent.

FI I know but I feel a "sting in the tail" is inevitable. A white Easter perhaps?
    PS. I mentioned a snowfall in April '98 in a previous post but in fact it was the night of April 14-15 1999 when several cms fell.

Rtavn2401.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Rrea00119990414.gif

• Advertisement

this chart is a very big I'm afraid :o I wouldn't know how to make it smaller :o
    nice chart though!

bracka19990415.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Seen this online
    The Postman Forecaster said this.

“People will laugh at me but I think we could have another cold snap just yet.

“Getting heat like this so early is never good and I think it could turn quite cold again fairly soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Pangea wrote: »
    Seen this online
    The Postman Forecaster said this.

“People will laugh at me but I think we could have another cold snap just yet.

“Getting heat like this so early is never good and I think it could turn quite cold again fairly soon

Met Eireann are already giving day time maxes of 7c in northern areas next Monday.

I put all my winter gear away and now there is a possibility of cold weather again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

this chart is a very big I'm afraid :o I wouldn't know how to make it smaller :o
    nice chart though!

Handy and simple site for resizing images:
    http://www.resizeyourimage.com
    Just follow the 3 simple steps on bottom of page and resize the image to whatever dimensions you want. A wee example:

198207.gif

Lucreto wrote: »
    I put all my winter gear away and now there is a possibility of cold weather again.
    You might want to have a look for them, Looks like Easter could have a chill to it. Or the easter snow bunnies might make an appearance :)

ECM

ECM0-144.GIF?29-0

You might want to have a look for them, Looks like Easter could have a chill to it. Or the easter snow bunnies might make an appearance :)

ECM

ECM0-144.GIF?29-0

As much as I want to believe it I doubt it will happen. Just one final tease until the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

547702_260708140687459_176235642468043_567259_660448862_n.jpg

Its by no means that crazy folks... so yeah , ill give this one a go! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

This is a little bit out in FI but something to look forward to in January 2013

199729.png

199730.png

• Advertisement

best chart I've ever seen! wrong time of year though, pass the box of kleenex
    sob sob.

gfsnh-0-96.png?12

Advertisement