Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: bassist, guitarist, drummer in Dublin.

• 28-03-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

These are "The Marching Mellows"

I'm looking for open minded people willing to play music and enjoy playing music. Music. Willing to create and stand for what comes out of it. Looking for gigs, open mics, busking and wherever and whenever we've got an opportunity to play. Play for the sake of playing, for the sake of music, playing loud, playing louder playing a lot.

Name's Gabriel and i'm looking for a few guys to put a band together in Dublin city centre area and around or anywhere you can go to and fro easily enough. I could be looking for a band but i don't wanna bump into anybody's ongoing work with my own ideas. It's, INITIALLY a covers band with a few originals, as you see, the band has a name. Songs by Bob Dylan (especially from the albums 'bringin' it all back home' to 'blonde on blonde'), neil young, velvet underground and on and on, a few pop-ish tunes (why not) and more. I'm not interested in temple bar's pub music unless it has something of personalty in it. Personalty is all it has to do with. Personalty, not ego.

The setting i'm looking for is basically lead guitar, bass guitar and drums with any variatins and additions to it, including songwriting, backsinging and any creative resources. I sing, write and play rythm guitar. My place is available for practicing and i've got a lousy drumkit, a guitar amp, a bass amp and some more additional gear. Bring your own drumsticks. Bring your own ideas.

I don't feel like adding links to videos, lyrics or whatever coz you gotta get what is all about by the first paragraph.

Comments

Advertisement