Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laura Izibor

• 28-01-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk of this girl on here.

I've seen her a few times live now and her voice is out of this world I don't like mentioning Aretha Franklin but damn she's that good.

I can't remember ever getting excited about an Irish Female vocalist before

No one else into what she's doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I think/hope she is working on her debut. Isn't she on a major?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ErnieBall

that sister's got soul. When i first heard her speak on radio i thought she was just another white irish kid, didn't know she had african origins till I saw her site and learned her surname! Still though she's a paddy born n bred. Best voice to come out of these shores since Papenfuss.

Check out my soul at myspace.com/petemartelle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Orizio wrote: »
    I think/hope she is working on her debut. Isn't she on a major?

She released an EP live from craw daddy there in September I think you can get it on Itunes also

ErnieBall wrote: »
    that sister's got soul. When i first heard her speak on radio i thought she was just another white irish kid, didn't know she had african origins till I saw her site and learned her surname! Still though she's a paddy born n bred. Best voice to come out of these shores since Papenfuss.

Check out my soul at myspace.com/petemartelle

:rolleyes: ****in' hell.

Is she working on a full length ntlbell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

album finally coming on Atlantic soon

She's on loads of movie soundtracks at the moment and gaining much hype Stateside

She is the real deal and i'm delighted for her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

she is very talented indeed, there are quite a few talented musicians lurking about in this small island-
    Great to she she is doing well, but like so many others has more success abroad than at home really, is that odd to anyone else? Fair play to her anyway- roll on irish talent which is NOT Westlife thankfully! they have been hogging all the limelight for way too long... winning the same meteor award for like 6/7 years running... time for change!:D

Westlife aren't talented. Being pretty means little artistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

well, have to say i really cant stand westlife - however 2 of them can sing- have to give them that much - not easy to mimic Frank Sinatra ya know...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Thanks for the tip OP. I checked Laura Izibor on YouTube, and boy, am I glad I did. That girl got soul. Hilarious to hear her Dublin accent once she stops singing though - such a shock!
    I'm going to get her CD as soon as I can!!

(Also - please don't lure people into the Soul & R 'n'B & Funk forum and then start talking about Westlife. Not cool. ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

First heard of her a couple of years back when she won that 2fm songwriting award. Sorry to say I'm not much of a fan. Voice is too harsh and coarse for my liking. But fair play to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

First heard her at Music Ireland in the RDS last year and gotta tell ya she was the best there, beat the hell out of Paddy Casey who I long admired but he couldn't wait to get out of there, you could tell Laura Izibor wanted to stay and play a longer set. Great atmosphere live. Fantastic voice. Talks like a true Irish gal. Sings like an American soul artist. Good luck to her, she has a bright future. Her songs have been on Greys Anatomy and that film...can't remember the name...

Anyway, wish I could've seen her in Crawdaddy but..I'm not 18 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Still not much talk of her on boards, pretty amazing :)

For me she's by far the best female vocalist we've ever had.

Let the Truth Be Told was a fantastic debut album with 0 fillers.

new album to be released this year apparently, anyone know anymore?

Advertisement