Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

G-Money wrote: »
    I think I might have just got the "Hi" message too, but to be honest, either saying "hi" or "hi, how r u?" show very little effort IMHO. Especially as if a guy was to send a message like that, he would get no reply. So I don't see why some girls think they can get away with the same thing.
    I rather s simple how are you than a hi....or worse.... hi sexy.
    But I see your point.
    zuroph wrote: »
    no greater turn off than a girls profile that has no info on it but 5 photos. Its literally saying "dont care about my opinion, just fancy me". It like they couldnt be arsed to write something about themselves, but glad to take all the compliments for their photos from desperate lads. Same goes for the totally blank profiles who then message you saying "hi, how r u". Conversation is already laboured at that stage.
    I find it very hard to write about myself being honest. But on the other hand, I dont have too many pics up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

booboo88 wrote: »
    I rather s simple how are you than a hi....or worse.... hi sexy.
    But I see your point.

I find it very hard to write about myself being honest. But on the other hand, I dont have too many pics up either.

even a bad effort at writing a profile would be better than nothing though, no profile info and expecting replies is a bit crazy.

even a bad effort at writing a profile would be better than nothing though, no profile info and expecting replies is a bit crazy.

Ah I have a bit in there, anything thats worth reading though remains to be seen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

So I reactivated my OKC profile tonight for one last whirl. I've had one for about 2 years but it's been deactivated a few times when seeing someone.

I'm gonna give it till about Feb, and if I haven't at least had a couple of half-decent dates from it, it's being binned permanently.

I was on Pof about 2 years ago, and though there's loads more people on there, it's one fcukin depressing site.

Looking to have my current profile given the once-over too if any of the gals might oblige. I'm 37 btw.

Just had a guy tell me I was so ugly, I must be great in bed!

Great lil ego boost so twas:(
    I think that might be the straw that broke the camels back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

WTF is wrong with some people,Jesus.Sorry to hear you got that type of message BB,pay no heed to dickbags like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

You do have to bear in mind that it was probably absolutely nothing personal and nothing to do with your photos - he's probably just some sad little loser who's sending similar messages to loads of girls just to upset them. Some people are absolutely pathetic. :mad:

Assholes with insecurity issues trying to make themselves feel better by putting others down. theres a reason they're alone. Block and report the prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Assholes with insecurity issues trying to make themselves feel better by putting others down. theres a reason they're alone. Block and report the prick.

send him a pic of a microscope first coz that what ya'd need to find such an insecure a-hole's mickey

booboo get back on that camel and dont let some randomer with tiny weener syndrome put you off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Ignore him. Same kind of trash that would kick a kitten and put the video on Youtube.

For a little ego boost why don't you put a picture of yourself in the Know your Clubbers/Loungers thread and bask in all the thanks you get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

no greater turn off than a girls profile that has no info on it but 5 photos. Its literally saying "dont care about my opinion, just fancy me". It like they couldnt be arsed to write something about themselves, but glad to take all the compliments for their photos from desperate lads. Same goes for the totally blank profiles who then message you saying "hi, how r u". Conversation is already laboured at that stage.

Works both ways believe me!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭duke916

You do have to bear in mind that it was probably absolutely nothing personal and nothing to do with your photos - he's probably just some sad little loser who's sending similar messages to loads of girls just to upset them. Some people are absolutely pathetic. :mad:

agreed. people like this look for responses to see how you react and then play on it. i emailed this girl 2 weeks ago and just made a nice comment about her profile and pic. i got an email calling me all the names under the sun. i replied asking her to tell me where i was offensive, if i was, i apologise and that if she didnt like my profile then fare enough, a simple 'lack of response' would have sufficed. again i got an email from her with more abuse so told her to get the boat and annoy someone else as i wasnt entertaining abusive messages any longer. again another sad message so i just blocked her. clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I feel like I am getting less and less replies on pof and the like. Anyone feel like taking a look over my profile and offering comments and/or criticism on it? PM me for a link.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Hi there. Apologies if this has been asked before but what sort of age are most of you guys here using online dating sites?

I'm early forties and feel like there is a very small pool to choose from on most of the sites. I've pretty much tried them all and its been a bit of a disaster really.

I'm also pretty unique on these sites, or so it seems to me, in that i have never been married (Was in very long term relationship) and don't have kids so i don't feel i generally have much in common with most of the guys my age and older.

I did get a fair few young lads wanting to show me their lads though!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Hi there. Apologies if this has been asked before but what sort of age are most of you guys here using online dating sites?

I'm early forties and feel like there is a very small pool to choose from on most of the sites. I've pretty much tried them all and its been a bit of a disaster really.

I'm also pretty unique on these sites, or so it seems to me, in that i have never been married (Was in very long term relationship) and don't have kids so i don't feel i generally have much in common with most of the guys my age and older.

Difficult for guys to answer, I don't look at other guys profiles, so I'd have no idea, but the gals seem to be predominately 25-40 ish, with plenty under and over those ages.
    I'd say what you're experiencing is possibly the reluctance of many guys over 40 to put up a profile on a site, - different era etc, and women seem to have adapted to webdating better than us.
    I'm 37, and none of my mates have EVER mentioned having a profile up on a dating site. Bit of a 'so you can't score anymore- haha' thing about it even still in 2011. I'm personally not bothered, I can and regularly do meet women in real life, just sometimes use this as an add-on. I'd be unusual among my group of friends though.

edit: Welcome to boards btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lost Accent

He is a horrible little person who obviously only signed up to make nasty comments to random people. I would have no doubt that you are the only one to recieve such a remark.

Please do not let a sad a**hole like him make you feel insecure or want to give up.

A friend of mine has a saying that I am starting to tell myself and you should too - "I'm a fox and anyone who doesn't think so is a d***head". Seriously - start saying it and believing it and ignore that idiot and his stupid little remarks.

MudSkipper wrote: »
    send him a pic of a microscope first coz that what ya'd need to find such an insecure a-hole's mickey

booboo get back on that camel and dont let some randomer with tiny weener syndrome put you off :)
    thank you, that made me laugh :)
    He is a horrible little person who obviously only signed up to make nasty comments to random people. I would have no doubt that you are the only one to recieve such a remark.

Please do not let a sad a**hole like him make you feel insecure or want to give up.

A friend of mine has a saying that I am starting to tell myself and you should too - "I'm a fox and anyone who doesn't think so is a d***head". Seriously - start saying it and believing it and ignore that idiot and his stupid little remarks.
    I think its gonna be my new mantra :)

thanks everyone, that put me on a downer last night but im back up again :)

As a great man once said (me daddy)
    g.l.a.f.y..good luck and f*ck ya(to him of course)

thank you, that made me laugh :)
    I think its gonna be my new mantra :)

thanks everyone, that put me on a downer last night but im back up again :)

As a great man once said (me daddy)
    g.l.a.f.y..good luck and f*ck ya(to him of course)

Love it! Your Dad is a wise man! However I do believe in Karma and it's going to bite that guy in the a**.

Love it! Your Dad is a wise man! However I do believe in Karma and it's going to bite that guy in the a**.
    yes he is.....oh im counting on karma :)

yes he is.....oh im counting on karma :)

No one happy and content with their lot sends such vile comments to strangers. He's unhappy and just trying (and failing) to make others unhappy.

I'm adopting your Dad's saying btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

girl i am chatting to was told she was wasted goods cause she had a kid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

managerman wrote: »
    girl i am chatting to was told she was wasted goods cause she had a kid...

probably by someone who is about 2 years old mentally.

I've dated women with kids before.

My girlfriend doesn't have kids, but it wouldn't be a show stopper for me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

ChannelNo5 wrote: »

Im early 40's as well. Seems most of the men our age have come out of long relationships and want to sow their wild oats again!! Yeah I have a few lads with lads too! Maybe we need to go on the pull together lol :eek::rolleyes:

johnr1 wrote: »
    Difficult for guys to answer, I don't look at other guys profiles, so I'd have no idea, but the gals seem to be predominately 25-40 ish, with plenty under and over those ages.
    I'd say what you're experiencing is possibly the reluctance of many guys over 40 to put up a profile on a site, - different era etc, and women seem to have adapted to webdating better than us.
    I'm 37, and none of my mates have EVER mentioned having a profile up on a dating site. Bit of a 'so you can't score anymore- haha' thing about it even still in 2011. I'm personally not bothered, I can and regularly do meet women in real life, just sometimes use this as an add-on. I'd be unusual among my group of friends though.

edit: Welcome to boards btw.

Thanks Johnr1 Any suggestions on which site would be the best for a smokin hot fox in her early forties?..;)
    BooBoo88 Don't mind that c*ck. What all the lads on here said basically. Small man syndrome!!
    You're all so positive here i might just give it another go. Eleventy seventh time lucky!!

Dovies wrote: »
    Im early 40's as well. Seems most of the men our age have come out of long relationships and want to sow their wild oats again!! Yeah I have a few lads with lads too! Maybe we need to go on the pull together lol :eek::rolleyes:

Ha yeah maybe you're right! I have no objection to them wanting to sow their wild oats it's just that none of them seem to want to sow them anywhere near me!! :confused:

We're obviously smokin hot cougars, mabye we should go on the pull!? :p

Seen each other 4 days in a row now, think ill be deleting the profile soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Seen each other 4 days in a row now, think ill be deleting the profile soon!

I'm just a wee bit jealous! Was on Facebook checking out an old acquaintance (who I seriously have the hots for, but she is taken) at 1AM and lo and behold I get an unsolicited PoF message (a rare enough occurrence indeed) from a girl with the exact same first name. I of course wonder it is some sign or form of cosmic intervention, but alas she sent me picture and I didn't feel the chemistry. What an odd occurrence though.

• Hm.

grumble grumble grumble grumble @ zuroph's success :P

Just as I was about to give up on the whole online dating scene, I start talking to a really attractive and great girl. Unfortunately she's likely to be busy over Christmas (holy ****, it's just under 2 weeks away) but hopefully we'll get to meet afterwards.

Something I've noticed that in the rarity of girls making first contact, usually when they do it's just "hey, how are you?" messages.

Hm.

Something I've noticed that in the rarity of girls making first contact, usually when they do it's just "hey, how are you?" messages.

We're just shy and afraid of rejection! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

grrrr the guys who send messages, and all they say is ..hi..

Yea cause you sound like you'd make great conversation.:rolleyes:

I joined one 2 weeks ago and left after 1 week because of women just like that. You take time to read their profile, put together a message about yourself and all you get back is some ridiculous 1 liner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement