Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is rollercoaster.ie no more?

• 02-02-2013 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2 handymammy

Cannot access site. I know stats were way down... Is it no more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DebbB

It's down, does seems strange doesn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

It will probably go up again folks. What with it being a rollercoaster and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭ Cayden Full Ramp

I used to be a member of that site but relinquished my membership of late. Used to tip in and out of the parenting forums but the b*tchiness of some of the users totally put me off. You could barely comment and you'd get attacked so I just left. I know a lot of others left for the same reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 handymammy

A lot of posters were denied access to the site lately also. I don't mind the bitching. Some folks are a bit too sensitive. No point posting threads if posters are going to take offence if people do not agree with them.

handymammy wrote: »
    A lot of posters were denied access to the site lately also. I don't mind the bitching. Some folks are a bit too sensitive. No point posting threads if posters are going to take offence if people do not agree with them.

I'm a member of two other parenting sites and neither of them are like RC. There's just a bad element in chit-chat and that's what turned me off. Nothing to do with being sensitive, I am just not into being a part of something where people continually attack others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I used to be a member of that site but relinquished my membership of late. Used to tip in and out of the parenting forums but the b*tchiness of some of the users totally put me off. You could barely comment and you'd get attacked so I just left. I know a lot of others left for the same reasons.

What type of bitchiness galwaygirl? Can you give some examples (pure curiosity)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I think it might be down.

I regularly post there but recently have been very put off by the unilateral bannings and deletions of threads for no good reason (other than "because I said so").

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

amdublin wrote: »

What type of bitchiness galwaygirl? Can you give some examples (pure curiosity)
    Lol rd isn't going close because they banned two people and five others got their knickers in a twist and flounced of.

Sure they are all back posting under different names.

Cc&t is so funny. Absolutely full of nut jobs. It's our main source of entertainment in work

I think it might be down.

I regularly post there but recently have been very put off by the unilateral bannings and deletions of threads for no good reason (other than "because I said so").
    Lamp, they were banned for being mentally unstable.

How many have been banned from boards? At least 6 that I am aware of, probably much more

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Penpushers

Well it's back working again.

It's gone very slow on alot of the boards. Some boards see no action. Can't see why they do not streamline the site better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Irishbird.....did you get rid of the cock yet and did you post pics???

Think it may be the mentally unstable left on RC I'm afraid....

Banned the interesting posters, anyone with an opinion

deelite wrote: »
    Irishbird.....did you get rid of the cock yet and did you post pics???
    Lol there are photos on the Dublin city forum.

He is still there. Have given him water and bird seeds

Mental ted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Parenting forum is that way >>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Wow.... 2 new posters... it's almost like a disguised attempted to advertise the website they're talking about....

Advertising by saying its down, or that only the mentally unstable posters are left?? Don't think so. Sorry to disappoint you.

You should have a look its full of predictable Jessica fletcher types like yourself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Ah, it is a bit obvious though, you've got to admit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

So are new posters treated suspiciously?

I don't think it's suspicious. Op was prob genuinely enquiring. Can't see how this thread promotes Rollercoaster in any way to be honest..if anything it paints it in a bad light!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I used to love that site, then I found boards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Hey baby, don't fight it, life is a rollercoaster just gotta ride it (all night long)...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What is rollercoaster.ie exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

kowloon wrote: »

Thinking this exactly but if its anything like this thread then who cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hey baby, don't fight it, life is a rollercoaster just gotta ride it (all night long)...

Ride it, ride it, na na nan na na, Hey Baby, Just gotta ride it ride it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

handymammy wrote: »
    N-no, you misunderstand. She didnt say anything about people "not agreeing", she said bitchiness. And she's right. That site is full of utterly unhinged people who will attack over... as you say, people merely disagreeing with them. Yes, some folks are too sensitive as you say, but not the ones who say they find Rollercoaster too bitchy. As Irishbird said though, it's hilarious. :)

Looks like it's being more rigorously moderated, always upsetting news I guess for people who feel they've a god-given right to be as rude and insulting as they wish. All they need to do now is ban that hideous "DD/DS/DH" stuff.
    So are new posters treated suspiciously?
    Here? Only if they give cause to be viewed with suspicion.
    Penpushers wrote: »
    Think it may be the mentally unstable left on RC I'm afraid....

Banned the interesting posters, anyone with an opinion
    Translation: "Anyone who verbally assaulted anyone who had the temerity to disagree with their view."
    You don't get banned merely for "an opinion".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Never heard of it o_O

Sounds crap too.

Boards is where it's at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Jaiden Savory Illness

its like the train up and down Victoria peak only worse:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

A website where you can buy rollercoasters, or advertise one for sale if you.re looking to get rid. Like all websites it has it's ups and downs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Boombastic wrote: »
    A website where you can buy rollercoasters, or advertise one for sale if you.re looking to get rid. Like all websites it has it's ups and downs
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop there Boombastic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

oldyouth wrote: »
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop there Boombastic
    No worries I have a good handle on this internet. It took a while but I've nearly got it sussed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement