Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beers,Saturday February 18th,Cassidys Westmoreland Street,All Welcome

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'll bring some to the beers just for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Here - had a conversation with a drunk friend earlier you might be able to solve for me- he asked me if there are any horror films that are based around firemen/stations/firemens poles...
    I have no idea why were having this conversation, but we were watching Children of Men at the time so who knows what was going on in his head :D

Well there is a Spanish horror movie called REC which is a mockumentary of a tv presenter following firemen on one of their nightshifts that get called into a house and locked in and quarantined by the police as there is an acute outbreak of zombies!

It was quite good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/

As far as pub suggestions go what about The Bleeding Horse? it's nice and close to Coppers. :pac:

Thanks Maguined!

Awec I only said Id bring the sauce, what you choose to do with it after a skip of drink is your own call :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hairy Lemon is a decent spot alright though the layout is very cluttered.

Prices of drink in there are a rip-off. :cool:

Never been to the Bleeding Horse so would be interested in trying it out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Night Mrs D...
    After beers you gotta sort me out with one of those 3-in-1 jobbies. Sounds bloody delish!

Deal, 3am I'll see you on Wexford St for a 3-in-1
    Larianne wrote: »
    Prices of drink in there are a rip-off. :cool:

Never been to the Bleeding Horse so would be interested in trying it out.

Bleeding Horse is nice (or was 2 years ago when I was there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Bleeding Horse is an interesting shout actually.Nice bar and there is decent seatage upstairs but I cant remember if there is a bar upstairs too.
    :/

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Bleeding Horse is an interesting shout actually.Nice bar and there is decent seatage upstairs but I cant remember if there is a bar upstairs too.

It may call for an investigation beers! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Nope. Just downstairs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

No bar upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Nope. Just downstairs.

Could be problematic when the inevitable drunkening occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

There is the main bar at the front but there is also another section behind that with a bar that would suit our needs quite nicely, I think they let you reserve places in there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Could be problematic when the inevitable drunkening occurs.

Pif, going downstairs when drunk is easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bleeding horse is a great spot for Beers actually

Is that place on a corner of a junction somewhere near busaras?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Is that place on a corner of a junction somewhere near busaras?

Nope near the top of Wexford St. Past Anseo on the way towards Portobello

I have no idea what any of the words in either of the above two sentences mean. :pac:

• Advertisement

I have no idea what any of the words in either of the above two sentences mean. :pac:

It's nowhere near where you thought it was. Not even close!

awec wrote: »
    Is the busaras station not up beside Connolly?

but erm, the Bleeding Horse isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

The most recent After Hours beers was held in Galway and it was mostly non-Galway people who went, and it seemed to have been quite a successful night.

That's because we were there boneyarse :pac:

Have we sorted a date for this beering event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I might be more confirmed for this than before. Am due to go see Noel Gallagher the night before but I may not be drinking at that in account of a 5K race I'm thinking of doing on the Saturday morning. So that would leave Sat night perfectly primed for a bit of nervous shuffling into a bar full of boards strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Galvasean wrote: »
    Bleeding horse is a great spot for Beers actually

Zaytoon is across the road. I'm determined to get a late night kebab there. Was in tripod a while ago and no one wanted to go :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

awec wrote: »
    Zaytoon kebabs are stinking mate.

Are you serious? *Shattered dreams* Everyone keeps saying they're the business.

• Advertisement

Advertisement