Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 Bargain players

• 30-06-2012 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest some new players who could be bargains this year and whom from the promoted teams should we look out for

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 HJOlympian

Promoted Players
    Southampton - Billy Sharpe (F) / Rickie Lambert (F) / Jay Rodriguez (F) / Adam Lallana (M)
    Reading -Adam La Fondre (F) & Adam Federicci (GK)
    West Ham - Ricardo Vaz Te (F)

Potential Bargains
    Aston Villa - Enda Stevens (D) / Karmin El Ahmadi (M) / Brett Holman (F)
    Fulham - Kerim Frei (M) & Mladen Petric (F)
    Man Utd - Shinji Kagawa (M / F)

There could be more, depending on a lot of transfer rumours coming confirmed signings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Ian Harte

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

HJOlympian wrote: »
    Aston Villa - Enda Stevens (D) / Karmin El Ahmadi (M) / Brett Holman (F)

I don't know about El Ahmadi, but he's a defensive midfielder. I can't see him being much of a bargain unless theres rule changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FatRat wrote: »
    Ian Harte

definitely, if he plays. will he though? he's going on 35...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

The Liverpool defence could be excellent next season.

Solid already and if Rodgers can instill his passing style I don't see them conceding many chances. Won't cost more than 6m either.

We'll have a chance to check them out too because the opening fixtures are horrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Ian Harte at reading is a great shout. Mcanuff there aswell is good, Le fondre doesnt start as mentioned above so i would avoid him.

At west ham, James Tomkins after the olympics if hes a base defender is a good shout, hes very dangerous from set pieces. kevin Nolan always reliable too for goals from midfield but will depend on price

At Southampton, Lambert is best shout takes free kicks penos and is a great finisher. minid you said same about Tarabet last season!

Wont know the rest till the prices are released but its a start

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ian Harte will be this season's Stephen Ward!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Would van persie at city be a better fantasy prospect than van persie at arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Formation wrote: »
    Would van persie at city be a better fantasy prospect than van persie at arsenal?

No because

A. He won't be the main man because of rotation and the goals would be dished around anyway even if he played the majority of games

B. He usually gets an injury every season

C. Last seasons form was unbelieveable

hard to say, but i think Van Persie will be sold abroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Would RVP be better this season with City than he would be this season with Arsenal? Absolutely. If he was to go there, rotation wouldn't be too much of a problem for a player of his quality/stature.

But if you're looking to compare a potential City position this season to him with Arsenal last season, then you're probably expecting too much. Last season was pretty phenomenal, especially since he avoided injury, which can't be guarenteed a second season in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

carlcon wrote: »
    Would RVP be better this season with City than he would be this season with Arsenal? Absolutely. If he was to go there, rotation wouldn't be too much of a problem for a player of his quality/stature.

But if you're looking to compare a potential City position this season to him with Arsenal last season, then you're probably expecting too much. Last season was pretty phenomenal, especially since he avoided injury, which can't be guarenteed a second season in a row.

He won't do as well goal-wise if he goes to City, won't even come close to getting 20 never mind the number he banged in for Arsenal last season. Arsenal completely set-up for him last season - it was operation "get the ball to van Persie" - he won't have that at City, just like he doesn't have it at Holland. Aguero, Tevez, Silva aren't going to give van Persie the ball as freely as Walcott, Gervinho, Arteta, Song where - they were looking for him.

As an Arsenal fan, I hope he fails miserably wherever he goes :mad:

Speaking of whom, what about Podolski for next season? Should be a starter and has a good record of assists and goals, even in a struggling Koln team last season.

Really struggling to think where decent cheap defenders are going to come from bar swansea and newcastle and far more difficult to tailor it to the first 10 games of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Really struggling to think where decent cheap defenders are going to come from bar swansea and newcastle and far more difficult to tailor it to the first 10 games of the season.

I'd be very surprised if "those" defenders from last season are cheap again this season. With one team finishing mid-table, and another almost fighting for a Champions League spot, both their values will fly up. Especially since so many of their defenders scored so many points.

If you're looking for that same kind of 4-4.5m price, my guess is we'll have to look elsewhere. The promoted teams will be fairly cheap, but the one we'll all be looking at first (Harte) is likely to be overpriced, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

promoted teams defence for 12/13 season (unless i've missed a signing)

Reading:
    Federici
    Cummings Gorkss Pearce Harte

Southampton:
    Davis
    Fox Hooiveld Fonte Richardson

West Ham:
    Jaaskelaine
    O'Brien Tomkins Reid McCartney

all will surely be 4.0.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

swoody wrote: »
    promoted teams defence for 12/13 season (unless i've missed a signing)

Reading:
    Federici
    Cummings Gorkss Pearce Harte

Southampton:
    Davis
    Fox Hooiveld Fonte Richardson

West Ham:
    Jaaskelaine
    O'Brien Tomkins Reid McCartney

all will surely be 4.0.....

All three had similar goals conceded totals last season:
    Reading 41
    Southampton 46
    West Ham 48

Clean Sheet totals:
    Reading 20
    Southampton 18
    West Ham 17

Handy link here with various stats: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/_/league/eng.2/year/2011/english-league-championship?cc=5739

Southampton's full-backs really get forward and got around 20 assists between them last season. Could be worth a look. Danny Butterfield could take Richardson's place, he finished last year as first choice I think.

Southampton's full-backs really get forward and got around 20 assists between them last season. Could be worth a look. Danny Butterfield could take Richardson's place, he finished last year as first choice I think.
    was thinking the same but i put Richards in cause he played more minutes.

i think aston villa players are worth a shout this year, if lambert gets them playing like norwich then n'zogbia is a real prospect. he should be 6.5 this year so worth a look

al habsi for wigan for all his extra save bonuses and penalty saves he could be an ideal reserve keeper again.....if hes cheap!

pogrebnyak was lethal for fulham when he played so if reading can get the ball to him in front on goal then he'll bang in quit a few. i reckon 5/6 will be his price!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Could be a lot of value in Villa and Sunderland.

They're going to be my go-to teams for filling out troublesome spots

Another week 2 wild card with the main site causing trouble would be a god-send!

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Could be a lot of value in Villa and Sunderland.

They're going to be my go-to teams for filling out troublesome spots

Another week 2 wild card with the main site causing trouble would be a god-send!
    cant think of a single villa player i would be happy to have as my 3rd sub.

1 sunderland defender if they have a nice home patch of games would be a consideration and mclean depending on a lot of other factors but i wouldnt give up a spot in my front 3 to either team no matter how cheap they are.

• Advertisement

The extra wild card favours the worst players but keeps mini league interesting for longer i suppose.

Looks like Fabio Borini could be on his way to Liverpool. Worked with Rogers at Swansea and Chelsea so that could be a good sign. Sure to be fairly cheap, i reckon. if he manages to hold down a starting spot could prove to be a good ff buy

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

I've heard a good few people talking about Harte as a great bargain.
    However Reading just re-signed Nicky Shorey so there will be uncertainty over who starts.

Whoever does start though could be a great bargain, as they are both set piece merchants

it was already posted in the pre season thread earlier today, but since its on prices and finding bargains, i'm reposting it here........

@premierleague
    Quote:
    Here are today's three player values: Eden Hazard (CHE) £9.5m, Pavel Pogrebnyak (RDG) £5m and Park Ji-Sung (QPR) £6m. #fpl
    tomorrow they will release the price of Sigurdsson, Kagawa and a couple more.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Kagawa £8.5 million . Sigurdsson £9 million . Papiss Cisse £ 9.5million

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hmmm, can't see myself getting any of those at those prices. Certainly not at the start of the season.

Hmmm, can't see myself getting any of those at those prices. Certainly not at the start of the season.
    Bargain! if hes becomes a starter....i will be watching man utd preseason now with interest.

Sigurdssons price is like Adams last season 9 is way to much for someone who wont play.

Cisse at 9.5 is understandable but 7/8 would of been a more realistic price couse newcastle arnt gunna be like last season.....

swoody wrote: »
    Bargain! if hes becomes a starter....i will be watching man utd preseason now with interest.

Sigurdssons price is like Adams last season 9 is way to much for someone who wont play.

Cisse at 9.5 is understandable but 7/8 would of been a more realistic price couse newcastle arnt gunna be like last season.....

Agree on Kagawa. Sigurdsson is nailed on if VDV and Modric leave as expected. I think it's a fair price.

Cisse was 7.0 last season. He was always going to be much higher than that.

@premierleague
    Friday's player values will include strikers Carlos Tevez (MCI) and Olivier Giroud (ARS). ‪#fpl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jeez, I'm sick of being drip fed player values. Give us the damn game!

Advertisement