Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Coal - where buy ?

• 03-01-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hello

Anybody know where I can buy polish coal like on the first photo ?

photo0010q.th.jpg

I don't want that one:

photo0012cg.th.jpg

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The texaco garage opposite the Coolquay lodge on the old N2 used to sell that type of bag. Couldn't tell you if it still does though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Justin10

Place in dunboyne back of the hardware sell them for €17.50 a bag

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Gate Automation

For 20 kg bag's :eek: Last time I was paid 7.99 for 20 kg, but I was bayed in Co. Cavan :D

40kg bags for 17.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭87pio

in Poland :D 150euro/tonne loose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

the Texaco petrol station in Clonee sells both 20kg and 40kg bags of that coal.Nice lads there,they will even carry it to youre car and into the boot.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    40kg bags for 17.50

That's better. Thank You ;)

87pio I know, but We live in Ireland :P
    the Texaco petrol station in Clonee sells both 20kg and 40kg bags of that coal.Nice lads there,they will even carry it to youre car and into the boot.

That's great, if they don't have on stock I always can go to Dunboyne ;)

Dunboyne also sell the large chunks of coal too. Dunno how much that is do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Thought is was illegal to burn coal in Dublin? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

That doesn't seem to be smokeless coal which would be illegal in Dublin.

Smokeless coal is permitted ;) I hope :)

Anybody have full Government Act what is legal and what is illegal to burn in fireplace ? I try found something about this question in net, but is not many, I just found this:

Although not explicitly mentioned in the thread the two counts (two sides of the same coin) are as follows:
    1)The distribution, marketing and sale of Turf, Peat Briquettes and timber blocks is explicitly allowed under the terms of the CA Act 1990.
    2)There is no ban on the burning of any solid fuel ( including smokey bituminous coal, Turf, Briquettes etc) in the smoke control areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

The 1990 act does not refer to the burning of smokey coal,only the sale of it.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1990/en/si/0123.html

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's a pity, I'm sick of my next door neighbours constantly burning smoky coal. My velux windows are permanently filthy because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 adrainsaint

For 20 kg bag's :eek: Last time I was paid 7.99 for 20 kg, but I was bayed in Co. Cavan :D

I think my coalman is ripping me off - I always but the expensive polish coal - but it is nowhere near as hot as it used to be - I know there is cheaper version - and I think he is giving me this - HOW DO I SPOT THE DIFF?

20 min from Castleknock ;)

coalx.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Wish I had a real fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭horse7

i got some just past batterstown in the old petrol station last year,but i drove there today and its closed. is the one in the previous reply a few miles past the small garden centre(rose)?

It was close approximately month ago, i get one time in this year 2 bags of coal, and when i was drive next time it was close, and i get from shop near Trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

I bought that stuff in the yellow bag last year and it didn't burn well. Was always left with large chunks in the grate the following day which didn't burn well. I bought 5 bags of Bord na Mona and 5 bales of brickets yesterday in Tj O'Mahonys in Kilshane cross for€90. Thats working out at just under €15 a bag. Its burning pretty well and great heat from it.

• Advertisement

what stuff did you buy

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Horse7, its the Bord na Mona Standard smokless 40kg. Saw it for sale in a few places for €19-€20 a bag so the Kilshane cross offer was pretty good I think. No links whatsoever with TJ O'Mahony by the way!

I buy lot things there but never ask about coal ;) I tray next time. I can confirm, yellow bag has bad coal, week fire, also green bag has week coal. Now I get premium polish coal in white bag with sign TOP, and it's ok.

20 min from Castleknock ;)

coalx.th.jpg
    could you give directions from castleknock please.

Put this coordinates 53.550099,-6.749783 on maps.google.ie It's somewhere there on the right hand side when you drive from Dublin, it's look like entrance to farm.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Would that November offer still be running to you think. Perhaps will give a ring first Ta

on this offer you save 40 cent per bag ;)

But i'm disappointed this coal (top premium polish) from that place near Trim which i give earlier. First 2 bag was great, then i get next 4, exactly the same and they sold me very bad coal, on top of the bag is good coal, and on the bottom is very bad coal, like black stone which don't burn and don't give heat. I need tray now coal from T J O'Mahonny from Kilshane cross ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Jedwardian

€15.50 for a 40kg bag of Bord Na Mona Polish Coal in the hardware shop in Dunboyne. Got 5 bags and they gave me another bag of 40kg Singles Coal free.

Advertisement