Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cult in Galway

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

http://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/2011/07/16/jesse_duplantis/

^ Features some audio excerpts from a sermon to give you a taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

A mate of mine was in one of them cults, he had to give 10 pet cent of his wages every week to the church as apparently its in the bible that whatever you give to God you get back ten fold in heaven, I offered him a fifty fold return in heaven if he gave me his 10% every week but he turned me down

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

anyone going to the freemason meeting on Tuesday, Its always on the thrid tuesday of the month 8pm

Millstreet.jpg

Jesus never spotted that symbol in all the years I pass by there.

i only noticed it a month ago sneaky Freemasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Why do religions always have such crap websites? Case in point...
    http://www.dokimos.org/ajff/

Haha. Tacky McCentral ! (.com)

Theres probably subliminal messages in there to send money in to them as well lol

Theres probably subliminal messages in there to send money in to them as well lol
    must buy black panther the next day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I used to live just past that house, never noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hannah2011

A mate of mine was in one of them cults, he had to give 10 pet cent of his wages every week to the church as apparently its in the bible that whatever you give to God you get back ten fold in heaven, I offered him a fifty fold return in heaven if he gave me his 10% every week but he turned me down

'Tithing' is done in most churches and is biblical. Nothing 'Cult-ish' about that. Not to say his wasn't a cult.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fun times for those behind Abundant Life. Ingredients included NAMA, Starbucks, Jedward, diddling the Revenue and squatting...truly doing the lord's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ceolte

Their galway branch, formerly abundant life have rebranded themselves as Victory Galway, http://www.victorygalway.ie

There's a lot of info on what's currently happening on boards and dialogue ireland.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055660864&page=38

http://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/category/victory-faith-movement-or-prosperity-gospel-archive-abundant-life/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,176 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

"Come join our cult

We promise to protect child molesters
    We will condemn safe sex through conteceptives. This will cause widespread Aids in poor countries, but that's fine.
    Love thy neighbour as thy self (unless he/she is gay of course)
    Our 2000 year old book knows more than any Scientist about how man and the Universe were created no matter what evidence is found"

/oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Religions/cults should have to prove the existence if their god/s before being state recognised. Discuss.

It was only last summer that the happy clappy bible bashing crowd were out healing and singing on eyre sq. Worse than occupy, even if it was just for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Religions/cults should have to prove the existence if their god/s before being state recognised. Discuss.

Ahh, how about

"This is a sentence that appears to be a discussion starter, but which has a fatal grammatical flaw."

How's that for a short discussion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Where's that Freemason's house? I've seen it but can't place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Mill Street, just by the turn down to Parkavara.

It's a grinds college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Ahh, how about

"This is a sentence that appears to be a discussion starter, but which has a fatal grammatical flaw."

How's that for a short discussion?

damnit, there are multiple errors in that. I blame it being a long day. The meaning should still be clear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

That would be an ecumenical matter

The Galway Freemasons are on Prospect Hill.
    google streetview
    http://www.southconnaughtfreemasons.ie/about.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

They no doubt use the "Miracle on 34th street" defence, based on our references to God in state documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

In fairness is the catholic church not a bigger cult then that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

cults are love removal machines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

that was up for sale couple years ago, pics of inside and all on the ad, wooden throne type seat, symbols aplenty,robes hanging ..

Advertisement