Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    They seriously need to remove the 'auto correct' bull**** that does nothing but reward noobs mashing out random reversals and PUNISH those who successfully predicted a move and jumped over it...

This pisses me off so much even if I have got the timing down fairly well for cross ups now. The easy reversals need to go too so you dont get a mashed reversal in the face when you mess up a combo or block string.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

bush wrote: »
    This pisses me off so much even if I have got the timing down fairly well for cross ups now. The easy reversals need to go too so you dont get a mashed reversal in the face when you mess up a combo or block string.
    Aye. With Cammy its so easy to mash c.spike and if the player misses a link they get it in the face.

I really hope they remove the shortcuts though. Imo its the one thing which is holding back my game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Am I the only person who hasn't ever had a single issue with all these "horrible shortcuts" in this game?

The only slightly annoying thing is the input leniency that prevents walkup QCF moves.

I don't like auto-correct either, but it's been in Street Fighter games for a few years now and it's doubtful they'll remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I don't have a problem either tbh.

If you input the motion correctly, it will come out. If you don't input it correctly, you might get something else. If your execution is good, shortcuts won't matter.

The best mess up too tho. I was watching the final 8 of west coast warzone, and filipino champ went for ultra twice in a row....and got regular teleport. It cost him the fight and I couldn't believe a top player would make that mistake. But it was his mistake.

An option for each player to turn shortcuts off would be a good idea, probably a pain to implement though. I would leave auto correct alone. It prevents people getting looped into combo's over and over.

2 ultra's is interesting. I think its a good idea personally. Adds more dynamism. Gen already has 2 ultras and he works fine. What I think they should do is change the amount of damage needed for ultra. We get ultra's too easily at the moment. They should increase the damage taken before you get an ultra. That would balance it more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The shortcuts only really annoy me for ultra and super motions. d, df, f, d, df, df that I usually end up doing according to training shouldn't come out as an srk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Personally when I play SF2 or 3S I have no difficult pulling off certain motions, especially supers. But in SF4 all I get is cannonspikecannonspikecannonspikecannonspikecannonspike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cunny-Funt needs to stop maoning about the SFIV dash. It's SFIV not a rush down game like 3S :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jim wrote: »
    Personally when I play SF2 or 3S I have no difficult pulling off certain motions, especially supers. But in SF4 all I get is cannonspikecannonspikecannonspikecannonspikecannonspike.
    This, times 100.

Also, Super Cancel is SLIGHTLY too easy to do IMHO -- comes out at the worst times.

And can we get Ultras on 2 buttons (like EX moves), please? Did I mention that? 2 button Ultras?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I dont care what they do to the Ultra's as long as you can link Blanka'a more easily at the end of it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

RopeDrink wrote: »
    They also hint at a return of the Bonus Stages (Originally avoided due to the desire to make SF4 an ARCADE GAME [and the theory that Bonus Stages where a waste of time thus loss of money] so I get the feeling this'll be a version aimed squarely at the console which makes sense if they're really going to balloon SF4 by this much).

no, it's going to be an arcade machine seeing as they say console characters will be selectable except gouken and seth (presuming this is true)

edit: Also 3rd Strike isn't really a rushdown game at all due to the parry system meaning that neither player is ever at a truly disadvantageous position. MVC2 is probably the most rushdown-based Capcom game, and then maybe ST after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Cunny-Funt needs to stop maoning about the SFIV dash. It's SFIV not a rush down game like 3S :P

yeah its more of a run back and spam your fireballs, then freeze frame/block stun your opponent and grab/throw.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    And can we get Ultras on 2 buttons (like EX moves), please? Did I mention that? 2 button Ultras?

How would you do EX moves then, wtf? :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Press one and a half buttons Dreddy....isn't it obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    How would you do EX moves then, wtf? :pac:
    EX SPD: 360+PP
    Ultra: 720+PP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Never! I want a proper dash god damn it! Those pussies hiding in a corner need to be kept on their toes :D
    Kirby wrote: »
    I don't have a problem either tbh.

If you input the motion correctly, it will come out. If you don't input it correctly, you might get something else. If your execution is good, shortcuts won't matter.

Basically seems like they added in systems to make the game harder for better players, the more complex your combos, the more the annoying short cuts become and issue. Theres no need for them to be in there, they help no one. These days I notice them more during times I may be walking up to a guy then block low as he tries to sweep me or something, then I just go to forward overhead him with ryu or akuma and bam, random DP... but its not like its something that happens often, still think its such a silly oximoran of a feature to have. Doesn't help anyone.

As for the auto correct, I've never encountered this in any other street fighter. If I know some scub is gonna do a wake up ultra, and thus jump over them to land behind them, they should not be rewarded with an auto turn around, they should get whatever inputs they enter. I'm sorry but they should, its their fault for entering in those buttons.
    If they're smart they'd have 'predicted my prediction' and entered it in the other way. But no they were not smart and still got the ultra anyways... :rolleyes:

Was not like that in 3s and I highly doubt it was like that in ST or HDR.
    Kirby wrote: »
    They should increase the damage taken before you get an ultra. That would balance it more.

Yeah I was thinking this too, at least have so the bar has to fill up fully anyway, unlike now where there's 2 stages of ultra. We shouldn't be seeing so many ultras in the 1st round.

So you don't think you should be allowed do standing EX command grabs? Awful idea man and very awkward for charge characters too, just learn to execute. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'll take most of this with the required amount of saxa. However we all know they are making dash, and part of it is adding returning characters and tuning up the game systems making all of this somewhat possible.

- All console characters selectable
    This is definite, the arcade is way out of date

- Dudley, Ibuki, and Makoto from 3rd Strike playable
    I'd reckon this is a lock too, and if they stay quite similar to their third strike versions will be fine additions

- Cody, Adon, and Guy from the Alpha series playable
    Adon and guy would have great rushdown possiblilites, espcially if they give guy super amour on some moves. Their inclusion would mean the licensing would have to be sorted out

- Deejay and T.Hawk from Super Street Fighter II series playable
    Ono's said they were already half done before at least the console launch

- Each character will have two different Ultras and one Super
    Although i think that the Ultra system need a radical overhaul, this pleases me, some characters need more options and its ease/amount/variety of ultra set ups that really defin the tier list to me.

- 3rd Strike characters will have all 3 of their Supers (two as Ultras, one as a Super)

Hopefully this means denjin ryu. and the rest get thir moves back.
    even SAIII ken ;(

- Two NEW characters: Hakan and Juri
    - Hakan: an oil-crazed Arabian grappler
    - Juri: an Asian fighter girl working under Seth

**** Hakan, we want Darun.

As for this coming to quick, I don't see it that way, The game needs to be kept fresh and in my opinion has quite a few obvious flaws that could do with been taken care of, so Capcom update away.

As a first go SFIV isnt too bad, but people won't be playing this in 10 years time without refinement.

I want good background music this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. The one area they really should improve on is more stages, and MUSIC. All the classic tunes should be in there. Sure they could just lift half the soundtrack from HD remix and it would be hunky dory. And no more Day time / night time cop outs. Thats cool but don't leave out real stages as a consequence.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There is one good song you come across on a regular basis, the airport/African stage. All the others are bland and forgettable. There are great songs, but you only ever get to play them in the rival stages.

• Advertisement

A picture of Yoshinori Ono released from the Gamepro Germany event confirms the existence of T.Hawk in the new edition of Street Fighter 4 who appears in the game on the TV in the background, and the picture also appears to show the beginning of the word Super on a banner/poster for the new edition of the game.

26_ssf401.jpg

26_ssf402.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Eagle eyes whoever spotted that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Also apparently that's Ibuki's hand above the guy in blue's head.

Notice the combined failure of both people to summon a fireball, disgraceful that they are allowed develop a Street Fighter game yet can not even summon a fireball.

Maybe they are practitioners of psycho power?

Also, the word Super is behind the Street Fighter IV logo.

Also apparently that's Ibuki's hand above the guy in blue's head.

Looks like Makoto to me due to the belt

edit: Chopper, Azza already said that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

god bless ono

also sf4 tune is WHOPPER

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    edit: Chopper, Azza already said that. :pac:

Meh, I'm half asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im betting thats the new girl character in the poster cos shes supposed to have a purple flame kick. That could be the purple flame kick.

Advertisement