Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Silicone oil going cheap in Lidl.

• 19-06-2008 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey lads just picked up a 200ml can of silicone oil for 99cent in Lidl! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

good find , is it petroleum product free?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I pick up a can of this every now and again when i'm in, they seem to have a permanent stock of it these days. It seems to be perfectly fine for use, but i still keep a bottle of the good stuff handy aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Thanks for the post. I never Knew Lidl sold silicone oil, might pop in tomorro to stock up on it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Jeez, at that price you could'nt go wrong guys. as KD says, if you have some of the really good stuff, keep it for special jobs, and use this stuff freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

yeah last time I was in I bought 5 cans of it.
    They only do it a few times a year near me so dont have
    it in stock all the time. It does the job!

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I have the abbey gun oil and a couple of cans of the lidl stuff.

The lidl oil seems more sticky and viscous, if only slightly, but I've noticed a difference in the two, so I use the abbey oil on more temperamental parts, and the lidl goop (i'm exaggerating :D) on seals and generally less important bits.

But I know of plenty off people who use it all the time, exclusively even, so maybe I'm just paranoid about my lidl oil :confused:

Advertisement