Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

penev10 wrote: »
    I gather you mean first online PS2 game? The Dreamcast was online about 2 years before that (and if you want to be an uber geek you could say the adapter yokey for the Super Famicom in Japan, wasn't that online? the satellite vision or whatever it was called?)

The was definitelty an official external modem for the fat PS2 but not sure what the first games for it where. Agian I'd say it took off more in JApan than in the west. Resident Evil Outbreak didn't have online features in the west but it did in JApan.

Yeah I meant ps 2, remember being chuffed when I got it working with a hack and patch setup only to discover the horrific lag :D

Soundtrack details
    “Bring the Noise” Anthrax featuring Chuck D
    “Superman” Goldfinger
    “When Worlds Collide” Powerman 5000
    “Heavy Metal Winner” Consumed
    “May 16” Lagwagon
    “No Cigar” Millencolin
    “You” Bad Religion

While there will some new songs also
    “The Bomb” Pigeon John
    “We the People” Lateef the Truthspeaker
    “Marathon Mansion!” Pegasuses-XL
    “Teenage Blood” Apex Manor
    “Please Ask for Help” Telekinesis
    “Flyentology (Cassettes Won’t Listen Remix)” El-P featuring Trent Reznor
    “USA” Middle Class Rut

I have these games to thank for my love of Goldfinger and Millencolin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Awe-some.

This news brings back memories! Good to see the school and hangar are in it. Hopefully the bull ring and Venice Beach are too.

Will definitely be purchasing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Any word on a release date for this? I reckon it will be late summer!

Hoping to hear more info at E3

Just checked wikipedia, It says released in June!!!! I am gonna be hooked on this! Hope the school level is included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Started playing my housemates copy of Skate 3 last night after getting very excited about skateboarding games again.

Man that game is frustrating. Give me the super crazy combos of THPS any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tony Hawks HD is getting got on the 18th July! Hope it's out the same day for PS3 anyway. Does anyone know if 1200 MSP is the same as around 12 euro?

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/06/19/xblas-summer-of-arcade-detailed-dated-and-priced/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Tony Hawks HD is getting got on the 18th July! Hope it's out the same day for PS3 anyway. Does anyone know if 1200 MSP is the same as around 12 euro?

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/06/19/xblas-summer-of-arcade-detailed-dated-and-priced/

1200 MSP is a bit steep for a few levels from 10year old games. It is just a "best of" from the first few releases, yeah?

Ah it will be well worth it for 12 euro as it was built again as a proper remake, not just re-release. The nostalgia will be worth the 12 euro alone.

Thps_comparison.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I kinda related more to 3 & 4 (before playing THUG 1&2), but i'll buy this and hope for a HD sequel (3&4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah a remake of THPS3 would be unreal, best in the series for me

Any word on a level editor/creator

Used to have hours of fun setting up challenges for my mates when we played this.

I kinda related more to 3 & 4 (before playing THUG 1&2), but i'll buy this and hope for a HD sequel (3&4)
    Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Yeah a remake of THPS3 would be unreal, best in the series for me

It's been said that they will be releasing DLC of levels from 3 and 4 but I can't find the article now.

There was a face book poll or poll somewhere on what levels will be selected I believe.

Holy crap, reading the achievemnts/trophies for this is bringing back great memories, absolutely cannot wait! Should get some good games online!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd/achievements/

med_3470THPSHD_Hawk_DownhillJamRockRamp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

its gonna be a month or so later on PSN :(

its gonna be a month or so later on PSN :(

Where did you see that? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Where did you see that? :(

Summer of Arcade. Theres always some form of exclusivity with those (especially on bigger titles).
    The bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Summer of Arcade. Theres always some form of exclusivity with those (especially on bigger titles).
    The bastards

why do they get exclusivity, summer of arcade has nothing to do with PSN. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I reckon I might wait and see which levels are re-appearing before I shell out for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

why do they get exclusivity, summer of arcade has nothing to do with PSN. :mad:

Because Microsoft pay publishers for it to have big titles just on their promotion for a while

• Advertisement

Ah man, dont mind dlc and pre order bonuses, I think exclusive deals are the worst! God knows when ill get to play dawnguard and even rockstar sold out when they let xbox have gta 4 addons to 6 months early!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Holy crap, reading the achievemnts/trophies for this is bringing back great memories, absolutely cannot wait!
    I don’t want no 2 minute Man 35
    Held a combo for 30 seconds after the time is up in Marseille
    Marseille! That's the first I ever played of Tony Hawk as it was a demo with a magazine. Played the demo to death, then went and got the first and second games. Can't wait to see it with the new textures.

deathrider wrote: »
    I reckon I might wait and see which levels are re-appearing before I shell out for this.

I really don't care about levels, I just want it to play like it used to before it turned to poo. Actually I care more about whether or not the soundtrack for TH3 dlc levels will have some of the songs from the original :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It didn't take Activision long to figure out how to make use of the "retired" Tony Hawk's brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It didn't take Activision long to figure out how to make use of the "retired" Tony Hawk's brand.
    I don't think it was ever retired?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I've been playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on my Xperia Play these past few days. Glad to see that most of the good songs fron this will be available in the HD version.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Disappointing to hear about Xbox getting it a month in advance :(
    Marseille! That's the first I ever played of Tony Hawk as it was a demo with a magazine. Played the demo to death, then went and got the first and second games. Can't wait to see it with the new textures.

Ha, I reckon I got the same magazine you are on about.

So it looks like you XBOX bastards get to play this today. Anyone getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yus, will be downloading as soon as I get home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Browning2010

I have the points on my account but will I get it? my worry is it will be really hard to play and requires months of play to get good at it?

Advertisement