Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new GP in Naas

• 12-03-2011 1:38pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭

Want to change doctors, my current one is away with the fairy's most of the time. Preferably male. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Not a male (obviously) but Aoife Kavanagh @ main street medical is really good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dermot Shearer seems to be fairly down to earth, unless he happens to *be* your current GP that is. Possibly awkward to get to unless you're that side of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

DR P Aherne? out in monread...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I have a look at the 2 guys, thanks. Thanks for the suggestion of the lady doc, if the two guys don't work out, I'll have a look at her. My wife goes to Catriona Ní Bhrian, she's another one in mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

beertons wrote: »
    I have a look at the 2 guys, thanks. Thanks for the suggestion of the lady doc, if the two guys don't work out, I'll have a look at her. My wife goes to Catriona Ní Bhrian, she's another one in mind.
    you will get an appointment for 12 and be seen at 2 with her.dreadful long waits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Dr. John Kehoe (x2) on the Dublin Road, just opposite the Hyundai garage is very good. Is that where Catriona Ní Bhrian is as well? I know there's a female doctor in there a couple of days a week as well...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nope, she has her own surgery in one of the housing estates our near the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056057656

this poll might be of use with prices in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fyfer

New GP practice opened in Johnstown. male and female GP also midwife..........Johnstown Family Practice,St Johns Grove ,Johnstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 savy2011

been with Doctor Shearer, not sure how good he is, he never told me results i was waiting on and he wasnt fully listening to what the problem was and previous ones relating to this were. He also scared me in relation to another issue and when i went to the consultant she was shocked at what he said to me that it could possibly been and i had been worrying about it for months. So think id look for another doctor if something else arises.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Went with Dr Fay in the end. Jeez, he's only a young lad, about 2 years older than me. He's fairly on the ball too. He asked me how long I had psoriasis, told him 10 years. He said "well you've had it longer than I've known about it, so I won't say anything to you about it". Thought that was funny.

Advertisement