Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Song

• 17-12-2008 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Okay,just wondering what everyone in the C&H Forum's favorite song is.
    Note this is no 'soundtrack to your angst' thread,any song you like,and if you like say why you like it,etc....

Also you only have one pick,i.e. no 'ohhh i love two',choose one.
    Any Youtube links etc. Much appreciated :D

Mine is Voyager By Daft Punk,just love the beat+video.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll never be able to pick a single outstanding favourite song. Having such great taste precludes me from blinkering my musical senses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Gotta agree. I could never pick one song. It changes constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth is my favourite album ever. That's not going to change easily, but no one song off that album would be my favourite ever. I don't think I could pick a favourite song ever though. If pushed for an answer it'd be 2112 by Rush I guess, but that's just because that's the last time I consciously decided a song was my favourite ever and it was over 2 years ago. I've gotten into much more music since then.

I can only stand about 2 minutes of Rush before my head caves in due to your mans voice(Geddy Lee?). They're instrumentals are alright though.

If I was pushed I'd say the EP See You In Another City by Blakfish is nigh on perfect. I can't find a flaw with any track. I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Not a fan of high pitched male vocals? Personally it's one of my favourite vocal styles. I love Geddy Lee, Axl Rose, Shannon Hoon etc.

Rush's instrumentals are awesome. YYZ would be a close contender with 2112. It's probably the most perfect rock instrumental ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

easy.

Incubus - Sick Sad Little World.

if i could listen to only one song for the rest of my life... this would be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Feeder - Just a day

Picked up a love for it while playing GT3 when I was younger...ahh..brings back memories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

FreeFallin - Tom Petty

One of the best

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Not a fan of high pitched male vocals? Personally it's one of my favourite vocal styles. I love Geddy Lee, Axl Rose, Shannon Hoon etc.

Rush's instrumentals are awesome. YYZ would be a close contender with 2112. It's probably the most perfect rock instrumental ever.

I don't mind high pitched male voices, it's just something about his voice that annoys me and I can't listen! Can't put my finger on it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Kersmash wrote: »
    I don't mind high pitched male voices, it's just something about his voice that annoys me and I can't listen! Can't put my finger on it though.

GTFO. Geddy Lee is possibly the greatest frontman of all time, after Josh Homme.

My favourite song would probably be The Spirit Of The Radio by Rush:

Simply amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Drowning Lessons - My Chemical Romance, my personal favourite song ever off my favourite album :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ Braxton Echoing Baboon

Spiders or Escape the Nest by Editors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Maybe not my favorite but I'd like to share. (bret you got it going on, flight of the conchords)

seamus-2k7 wrote: »

Maybe not my favorite but I'd like to share. (bret you got it going on, flight of the conchords)

Fixed it for you..........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Feeder - Just a day

Picked up a love for it while playing GT3 when I was younger...ahh..brings back memories :D

wow. if we were allowed to put two songs on this , that would have been my second. just so happy! but not. but happy!

GTFO. Geddy Lee is possibly the greatest frontman of all time, after Josh Homme.

Josh Homme is so awesome. He couldn't get any more stylish/sexy if he tried. Especially in this video

That'd be up there amongst my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

donmeister wrote: »
    Okay,just wondering what everyone in the C&H Forum's favorite song is.
    Note this is no 'soundtrack to your angst' thread,any song you like,and if you like say why you like it,etc....

Also you only have one pick,i.e. no 'ohhh i love two',choose one.
    Any Youtube links etc. Much appreciated :D

Mine is Voyager By Daft Punk,just love the beat+video.

Nice choice!!! Daft Punk ftw

Favorite would be this

There is a light that never goes out - The Smiths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

+1
    creggy wrote: »
    There is a light that never goes out - The Smiths

That's my second choice -Crazy!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

wow. if we were allowed to put two songs on this , that would have been my second. just so happy! but not. but happy!

Ha! Interesting :pac: :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Love me two times by The Doors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhhOmc2EtCA

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Doors are great :)

"Roadhouse Blues" is my favourite song by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

JC 2K3 wrote: »

Close but nowhere near as good as 2112.

I don't have a favourite of anything at all, it could change too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Forever Young-Alphaphille or Youth Group.

Search it yourself, lazies!

since this kinda turned in to "I quite like this song thread" I'll post this:

He maybe old but he still rawks......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I can't say I have a favourite song really, I keep going on and off bands all the time. Also I listen to a song I like to death and then don't like it anymore.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sonata Arctica - The Cage

This has been my favourite song for about 3 years now, just love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_bnkMSJAc

If Alexandra Burke gets her hands on this one, I don't think I could ever listen to music again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

There are so many I like.. some of my favourites AT THE MINUTE are My Delirium by Ladyhawke, Psychosocial by Slipknot, Poppin Champagne by All Time Low.. so many..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement