Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitlers Offspring Possibly Able To Claim Royalties To "Mein Kampf".

• 20-02-2012 6:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, you read the title right.
    A strange tale from The Telegraph - here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9088865/Hitler-had-son-with-French-teen.html

Short version, young woman meets the future evil man and they have a child.
    Apparently there is some considerable evidence to back this story up!

Originally the last officially known surviving member of the Hitler family tree died in New York some time ago, having promised all his life never to continue the Hitler bloodline.
    For all his efforts, it appears that the bloodline, if now further diluted, still continues.

If the events are to believed and the article in The Telegraph, the still remaining offspring might try and claim back-payments for royalties to Hitlers infamous book!

*shudders*

Personally, I don't think I'd be announcing that I can claim rights to "Mein Kampf"
    ...Would you? Would it bother you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Jesus, is it even worth the money?

....wait how much money would he get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

He'll also inherit the gas bill that was left unpaid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

He'll have a personal struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

If it was me, I would and then donate the rights to a trust to use them for holocaust awareness education and to help fund jewish museums about that era.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Hitler was a dick alright but if there's rights to be paid why shouldn't a family member be the one to get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Jean-Marie Loret, who died in 1985 aged 67, never met his father, but went on to fight Nazi forces during the Second World War

Sounds a bit like Star Wars to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Archeron

The special effects in the next season of 'bottom' will be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Eathrin wrote: »
    Jean-Marie Loret, who died in 1985 aged 67, never met his father, but went on to fight Nazi forces during the Second World War
    Sounds a bit like Star Wars to me
    Jean-Marie, I am your Furher :pac:

I suppose if someone is making money out of it then this chap has a right to it. As long as he doesn't reissue it amongst much fanfare to boost sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I don't go into the biblically "sins of the father" bollox, the son is his own self with his own choices.

As for claiming the rights, no, I don't think anyone should be making money off that book.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Says she had the kid in 1918 and gave him up for adoption in the 1930's.

Can't imagine the scars of being told you're being given up for adoption in your TWENTIES!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sky King wrote: »
    Hitler was a dick alright but if there's rights to be paid why shouldn't a family member be the one to get them?

^This, then this:
    Sharrow wrote: »
    If it was me, I would and then donate the rights to a trust to use them for holocaust awareness education and to help fund jewish museums about that era.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think it's ludicrous that it's possible to claim royalties on somebody elses work in general.. doesn't matter if it's Hitler or Hasselhoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

What about gay rights, gypsy rights, and countless others - would you not donate anything to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I would most definitely claim the rights! Who has the money at the moment? I'd get better use out of it. Might also help cancel out a lot of the shame of being a distant relative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I think I'd do similar to Sharrow.
    Take the book rights and donate the revenue to causes concerning the defending of ensuring freedoms and upholding of human rights, etc.

As for the story of Hitlers possible son, whats the betting somebody somewhere is now rushing to create a film script!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

It's not an endorsement of your parents or your forefathers to enjoy the proceeds of that which they left behind them. I would have a personal difficulty with acting on a link to Hitler's manifesto, but I would not reject it as quickly as some people might do so in this thread. I'm not quite sure that I would reject such a link at all. I might well pursue it, being quite honest.

Having said that, I'd imagine any claim is built on very shaky foundations, quite independently of whether this link to Hitler is verifiable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Biggins wrote: »
    Take the book rights and donate the revenue to causes concerning the defending of ensuring freedoms and upholding of human rights, etc.

As for the story of Hitlers possible son, whats the betting somebody somewhere is now rushing to create a film script!

That would be kind of ironic to say the least. A human rights group getting funds from one of the biggest human rights abusers in History.

Poetic is what i say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Not only Jews perished during Hitlers reign,why is always all about the Jews?

dory wrote: »

Can't imagine the scars of being told you're being given up for adoption in your TWENTIES!!

1930-1918=12

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Not only Jews perished during Hitlers reign,why is always all about the Jews?

Don't be such an anti-semite =p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I thought we weren't allowed to bash celebs on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Well like eh did it ever occur to you that if there is royalties to be had someone is currently benefiting from it :eek: (may it bring them no luck!) I really hope this guy does something good with that money but ......well he is related to hitler isn`t he, what do we really expect!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

theg81der wrote: »
    Well like eh did it ever occur to you that if there is royalties to be had someone is currently benefiting from it :eek: (may it bring them no luck!) I really hope this guy does something good with that money but ......well he is related to hitler isn`t he, what do we really expect!:D

Current rights holder is some region of Germany, I believe. The rights are worth millions. It still sells by the bucket load in all sorts of places.
    Poor oul Paddy Hitler missed out. The Irish have no luck, I tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I think were in the overkill stage of holocaust awareness tbf.

RichieC wrote: »
    I think were in the overkill stage of holocaust awareness tbf.

It's not like there was a holocaust closer to home that most of us are not even aware of ourselves, is it?

It's not like there was a holocaust closer to home that most of us are not even aware of ourselves, is it?

Here come the republicans...

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Here come the republicans...

Actually, I'm not a republican. I am a student of history, however, and when sufficient food to feed twice the population is exported from a starving nation, that is not a famine. The events of the 1840s qualify as genocide both under the UN charter and by the definition provided by the man who coined the very word.
    But sure, why bother learning our own history, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Biggins wrote: »

Another re-vamp of The Boys From Brazil, without the clones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Why would you even tell your son that his father was Hitler?

Surely in that case not knowing who your father is would be a far better outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

dory wrote: »

In the 30s he'd have been anything from 12 upwards, so I've no idea where you got "in your TWENTIES" from!

Advertisement