Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro game shop in cork

• 28-11-2009 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

For anyone in cork, or anyone heading this direction before christmas, there's a shop on north main street, opposite MMad, that's selling lots of retro consoles and games.

I just had a quick look in, but they're selling the likes of NES, SNES, Megadrive, Saturn, Dreamcast plus more I'm probably forgetting, and games. They have TONNES of stuff.

Price wise, I asked about the NES (I've really had an urge to buy one recently. I think it's because I'm watching so much Angry Video Game Nerd), which they were selling for €80, which I thought was a bit steep (is it?), and NES games were a tenner a go.

I'm gonna go back in next week when I've a day off work to have a proper look around, but if you're in that direction check it out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,275 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This is the problem with Ireland. A retro shop finally opens up and the owner tries to ream the customers. 80 for a NES is just robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Aye the consoles are stupidly expensive, but the games are more reasonable.......compared to any other store selling games released before 2006 anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, been in there a few times. My problem is that the guys who run it have plainly no clue what anything is worth and I think they price most things on size!

You can get some good deals on games, though (primarily cos they're small :p)

BTW, North Main Street was under about 3 feet of water less than a week ago, I'd be careful of getting electronic stuff there - it could be water damaged and "concealed".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭jhegarty

corblimey wrote: »

You can get some good deals on games, though (primarily cos they're small :p)

lol , i think you are right.

I didn't ask about the mega cd 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

and the lad in there wont haggle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Are the NES even re-conditioned, as in cleaned up?

How much is a famicon twin these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭joekickass345

i got a great deal for a nes
    (thanks johnjoe!!)
    what are the directions for this shop?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How much is a famicon twin these days?

I think you can get them for around 30-40e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anyone been in there recently?? I heard that street was hit by some of the flooding.....the thought of all those retro consoles destroyed by water....too hard to imagine :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,275 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Anyone been in there recently?? I heard that street was hit by some of the flooding.....the thought of all those retro consoles destroyed by water....too hard to imagine :(

Feck :(

Poetic justice for charging people 80 for a Nes?

No wait, that was too mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Was in over the weekend, don't know what the place was like before the floods but there's plenty there anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fifbabe

I was recently looking for this shop and was unable to find it. Is it still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Hi Fifbabe its still there its called cent wise in the window you will not see many games they are all inside also cash connecters have opened just next to mad across the road and also have have a few retro games

Advertisement