Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scene in Albufeira Portugal

• 02-04-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey guys.

Not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this. If not, I apologise.

I'm going to albufeira in algarve on my own in May and I'm wondering whats the sex scene like there. I'm 23 and a closet gay. Just wondering is there any sex stuff to do Sex saunas and that stuff (like what you'd see on sexcetera and all that). Has anybody been there? Closet gay here who would love to do some stuff out there. By the way I wouldnt be interested in anything camp Thanks everybody. Hope you all had a nice easter.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Well I have no idea as i have never been to the place or indeed the country! But I would imagine google would throw up some info! And may I just say to you be careful and sensible at all times! Fine you want to engage in anon sex but this can be dangerous, let alone in a foreign country, especially when you are alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

I've been there once on a night out - a couple of us hopped in the car out of mischief and went over. From a gay-scene point of view - the whole place is pretty much 'anything goes', usual sun holiday resort vibe, just with the gay factor turned up a notch or two. Gay Saunas or random sex are not my thing at all but that's just me so I can't say what the town is like for that kind of thing - Google will help you out no doubt. It's good fun in Albufeira I'll admit but I'll be sticking to Quinta / Vale do Lobo when in Portugal.
    And may I just say to you be careful and sensible at all times!
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 6 balderdash23

Thanks guys. Sorry, I didnt mean to portray myself as some whore! I'ts just curiosity really and the ability to let myself go a bit without worrying about other people finding out. Thanks again guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Thanks guys. Sorry, I didnt mean to portray myself as some whore! I'ts just curiosity really and the ability to let myself go a bit without worrying about other people finding out. Thanks again guys

So what would you portray yourself then?
    and also what exactly did you mean by "By the way I wouldnt be interested in anything camp"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

turn on grindr when you get there....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

oisindoyle wrote: »
    and also what exactly did you mean by "By the way I wouldnt be interested in anything camp"?

I think thats pretty self-explanatory!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 arbitrary constant

oisindoyle wrote: »

It means thatHe wouldn't be interested in anything camp.

Did the increased bold-font explain it a little better? Everyone has their preferences and some guys find campness irritating and/or unattractive. There's nothing wrong with that. Who the hell are you to judge what another guy likes in guys? Ridiculous overly-defensive comment there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bhassett

My partner and I travel there this month for a holiday. From my searches, not much is happening. Best bet is the apps. Will let your know if we have any trips from our break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

It means thatHe wouldn't be interested in anything camp.

Did the increased bold-font explain it a little better? Everyone has their preferences and some guys find campness irritating and/or unattractive. There's nothing wrong with that. Who the hell are you to judge what another guy likes in guys? Ridiculous overly-defensive comment there. :rolleyes:

Firstly,speaking as a "non" camp guy I must thank you for your patronising ,shouting comment.
    Kindly point out where exactly,I was "judgeing " the OP and where exactly my comment was a "ridiculous overly- defensive comment"
    Perhaps it is you who is "judgeing" and being "ridiculous"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bhassett

We return from Albufeira, a great relaxing break. There are no gay bars but gay men are present.Have fun.

• Advertisement

Hey guys. Day 2 here in albufeira and no look finding any gay bars. I found one and walked 10 mins to it to find it boarded up... I could cry! Any ideas lads? Come on bucks I need help!

Hi everybody. I have a post further down. I'm in albufeira for a week and I cant see any gay bars alomg the strip. Does anyone know if there are any? I could cry!! Please help. Cheers everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cx85

Its a bit down the road but maybe head to Faro? There's one there called Heaven, nearly everyone is a local and really friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Hi everybody. I have a post further down.

You'll find it's now further up.

Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi everybody. I have a post further down. I'm in albufeira for a week and I cant see any gay bars alomg the strip. Does anyone know if there are any? I could cry!! Please help. Cheers everybody

I'm not being smart or dismissive but have you googled it?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Impossible to find anything on google. Its like gays are outkasts in albufeira almost

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm going to Portugal tomorrow, just wondering if any crusing areas, beach or woods, probably not the best time of year to go, but can't change that now.

Advertisement