Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pacquiao v Mayweather

• 08-01-2012 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

WHat the hell is going on with this fight.....

First we thought it couldn't happen in May due to Mayweather going to jail and now that Mayweather has got his jail term postponed we hear that they are not looking at each other as opponents......Mayweather is looking at Guerrero and Alvarez and Pacquiao is looking at Bradley, Peterson,, Cotto etc.

Now Bob Arum is making excuses about the venue, saying Mayweather is contracted to fight in the MGM and that only holds 18000 and he wants a venue with much more....

I think Arum knows Mayweather will beat Pacman and he is trying to make as much money out of Pacman before he loses to Mayweather......I think Mayweather would dominate Pacman and win a wide points decision or possibly there is a small chance for Mayweather to wn by a late stoppage....

what do you think is going on and who do you think would win??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Both want to make as much money before they meet, then mayweather will play with him then both will probably retire. I don't think anyone is ducking anyone there just delaying till timing suits

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

cowzerp wrote: »
    Both want to make as much money before they meet, then mayweather will play with him then both will probably retire. I don't think anyone is ducking anyone there just delaying till timing suits

i don't think the fighters are ducking each other but i fell Arum's greed is getting in the way...Arum calls the shots not pacman and i don't think he wants the fight to happen yet.....

mayweather is 35 and pacman 33.......they are probably both past their peak already.....old age will affect pacman a lot more than mayweather because usually fighters that rely on intensity and volume punching burn out a lot sooner than more pure boxers like ali etc.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

30 Seconds With Freddie Roach
    With Freddie Roach
    By JOE BRESCIA
    Published: January 7, 2012

www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/sports/with-freddie-roach.html?_r=1&src=tp

Tyson, De La Hoya, Pacquiao. Freddie Roach has worked with the best.

Roach was a successful lightweight, with a 40-13 record before he retired at 26; he later developed Parkinson’s disease. Roach, who was tutored by Eddie Futch, has guided 28 boxers to become world champions. He was inducted to the World Boxing Hall of Fame and was recently elected to the International Boxing Hall of Fame. The United States Olympic Committee has partnered with Roach, 51, to train the leading amateurs at Roach’s Wild Card gym in Hollywood for the 2012 Games in London.

His life will be chronicled by the filmmaker Peter Berg in the HBO series “On Freddie Roach” beginning Jan. 20.

Q. You still do some light sparring and padded glove work when you work with the boxers. Are you concerned about exacerbating your Parkinson’s?

A. I’ve found that the hand and eye coordination is the best thing in the world for me. It’s funny, but once I get into the ring, the tremors go away and everything is O.K. And I don’t get hit in the head too often. Maybe once in a while.

Q. Has boxing done enough for the safety of the fighters?

A. I think so. It’s really hard to pinpoint where the problems are. Some of the tests can show progression where the symptoms are getting worse, and that’s the biggest thing out there. They do a brain stimulation test in England where they pull your license if you test poorly. There are steps in the right direction.

Q. Have you connected with Muhammad Ali, who also developed Parkinson’s?

A. Yes. I was invited to his fund-raiser. And he came out to my gym one day. The funny thing about it was, once he started to hit the heavy bag, his tremors went away and he was fine. But as soon as he stopped, the tremors came back. We both have that muscle memory to box. Just like when I’m in the ring working out, everything goes away.

Q. Your fighter Manny Pacquiao won a controversial decision against Juan Manuel Marquez in November to retain his welterweight title. What do you think about those who contend that Marquez won the bout?

A. It was very close and very competitive, and every time they fight it will be the same way. They know each other very well. Manny has trouble with that counterpunching style. That’s something that we’ve been working on for a long time. That gives him more trouble than a guy that will come to him.

Q. Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather has been put on hold again. After negotiations about blood testing seemed to be settled, last month Mayweather was sentenced to prison on charges of domestic violence and harassment. Will the fight ever happen?

A. Sometimes I think it will be forever up in the air. Everywhere I go, they want that fight to happen. And I want it as badly as anyone. Hopefully it will get made soon. Manny probably has four or five fights left in him and I’m sure Mayweather will be one of them.

Q. If Pacquiao and Mayweather do meet, what will your strategy be?

A. We do have trouble with the counterpunching style, and Floyd is a great counterpuncher. We have to go in with a good game plan. If one guy averages 85 punches a round and one guy averages 15 punches a round, I think the 85 will beat the 15. The thing is, Mayweather is very precise and very conservative with his punches. But he’s very accurate and he lands good shots. There’s no doubt it’s a tough fight. It’s a challenge and that’s why I like it. I like getting ready for challenges. And Mayweather is the biggest challenge for me and Manny.

Q. Whom will Pacquiao fight next?

A. I talked to Bob Arum (the Top Rank promoter) the other day, and the three names we’re looking at now are (Lamont) Peterson, (Timothy) Bradley and (Miguel) Cotto. I told Bob it doesn’t matter to me. We’ll fight anyone of those guys.

Q. In 2010, Pacquiao was elected to the Philippines Congress representing the province of Sarangani. He’s talked about running for governor in 2013. Do you think his political career can be a distraction to his training?

A. Being a congressman is one thing. But being the governor brings a lot more responsibility. I don’t think he could do both. He gets time off as a congressman, but a governor has to be more hands on. And he really wants to be good at politics. And for him to be good at politics, he’s going to have to put his whole life into it. I would say he would be close to retirement for him to be governor.

Q. How many fights do you think he has left?

A. The way our training camp went before the Marquez fight, I would say he had a long career ahead of him. We had a great training camp. But something was distracting him in that fight. I haven’t put my finger on it yet. We had a great camp, but we did not have a great performance in the fight. I have to give some credit to Marquez about that. But his focus was not there. It was the first time in 10 years we had a bad night. It was bad timing on our part.

Q. You trained Mike Tyson late in his career. What do you think happened to a fighter many experts thought would be the best heavyweight in history?

A. If you do something for a long enough time, anything can get old. I think he got tired of it. Inside of four rounds, he would knock you out. Outside of that, he would bow out.

Q. What has been the key to your success as a trainer?

A. The relationship and the trust I have with my fighters. They know I’m there for them 1,000 percent.

Q. What’s the most important aspect of training that Eddie Futch passed along to you?

A. You can’t change a fighter. You can’t make them something that they’re not. Once they get hit in the ring, they’re going to revert back to what they are. A boxer, a puncher — take what they have. Improve on the weak points. The strong points, they have down pretty much already.

Q. You’re a student of boxing history. Who are your top boxers, regardless of weight class?

A. I like Joe Louis. He was the best textbook fighter in the world. Then there’s Ali, who wasn’t a textbook fighter but probably would have beaten Joe Louis because of his natural ability. Julio César Chávez. And Ruben Olivares who I consider the best Mexican boxer in history. Salvador Sanchez who died tragically and shortened a great career. And Sugar Ray Robinson may have been better than anyone. There are no films of him fighting as a welterweight. But you can guess how good he was at that weight.

Q. You also work with Ultimate Fighting Championship competitors. How is the training different?

A. I’m training Georges St. Pierre, who is recovering from knee surgery now. I train these guys to use their hands because that’s all I know. If I can make them better fighters, I will. It’s not more complicated than that. A good fight’s a good fight.

Q. Who would win a fight between champions from both sports?

A. How long would Randy Couture last with James Toney in a boxing match? About the same as Toney would last in a mixed martial arts match. Boxers don’t know ground games and M.M.A. guys don’t know how to box.

Q. You’ve also trained actors and other athletes, including Mickey Rourke, who tried boxing as a career; Shaquille O’Neal; and Mark Wahlberg, for movie and television roles. Which celebrity had the most potential to succeed in boxing?

A. I’ve been making some noise about Wahlberg and Mario Lopez fighting each other. They both train in my gym. They’re both very good. Mario has fought six exhibition fights in my gym. He’s 6-0 with six knockouts. He trains everyday, just like a fighter. Wahlberg has his own gym. I would like to get them together for a charity bout. That would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Couldn't care less.

I will only discuss this fight if it's confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

We'll never see this fight happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't care if they don't meet now. Both are not at their best anyway. At least 12 months past its date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭colly10

walshb wrote: »
    I don't care if they don't meet now. Both are not at their best anyway. At least 12 months past its date.

The fight should have happened in 09, whatever happens if they fight won't represent the fight as it could have been and we won't see the best of either men. This fight in my mind would have been one of the greatest in the history of the sport, now I dont care if it happens or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

It's Bob Arum who is causing the delay. As was said on ESPN, Arum can make 25 million for every Pacquiao fight against (compared to Floyd) easy opponents. If Money-Pacman was to happen Arum would have to pay out a huge advance to both respective properties.

There are figures of 50-60 million each for Manny and Floyd. I still think it'll be done. 33 isn't too old for Pacquiao. If Mayweather is lucky he could still be just below his prime at age 35, ala Lennox Lewis, both Klitschko's. IMO he is better in some areas at this age cos of experience and learning.

Well, if Arum is stalling because he wants to "protect" his cash cow, he could really trip up. He should make the fight now and get the big big pay, as opposed to risking Manny in other fights for a whole lot less. The fight is already getting real stale.

And, how greedy are some people? I mean, Arum is a very wealthy man, is he really that ****ing greedy in wanting to "protect and bleed" Manny dry?

There has to surely be other reasons apart from pure cash for the delay.

And, how greedy are some people? I mean, Arum is a very wealthy man, is he really that ****ing greedy in wanting to "protect and bleed" Manny dry?

There greed knows no bounds.

Arum has made a big mistake and after Manny's last fight this fight is less intriquing, it would have been the biggest money fight in history without a doubt, probably still will be but not to the degree it would have been, in saying that all they have to do is keep feeding fighters who suit Manny's style, then dehydrate them so he has to win

he knows if they do this 3 times and both are still winning this fight will still make mega money at a time in there career when there earning power is almost done

I genuinely believe Roach knows Manny cant beat Mayweather and this has been aimed at been a farewell fight and big pay day with nothing to lose as he wont be fighting again anyway and if they had done it 4 fights ago the earning potential would be more like Marquez is now, ok but not earth shattering..

• Advertisement

Paul, I have went over it many times and still do not see a clear win for either man. Manny is that good that if he wanted to, he could make the fight close just so to make it close. Floyd is not really a man for taking the fight by the scruff and going all out.

Manny does not have to be gung ho here and play into Floyd's trap. Manny has legs, speedy legs, and is also a very clever and tactical fighter when he chooses. Floyd is NOT going to show up, and simply steamroll this fight, and nor is Manny. So, what is the issue with BOTH camps? It's bizarre.

Paul, I have went over it many times and still do not see a clear win for either man. Manny is that good that if he wanted to, he could make the fight close just so to make it close. Floyd is not really a man for taking the fight by the scruff and going all out.

Manny does not have to be gung ho here and play into Floyd's trap. Manny has legs, speedy legs, and is also a very clever and tactical fighter when he chooses. Floyd is NOT going to show up, and simply steamroll this fight, and nor is Manny. So, what is the issue with BOTH camps? It's bizarre.

I don't think he'll steam roll him, I think he will play with and embarrass him either causing mid to late stoppage or big points win.

Marquez is half the boxer floyd is and Manny struggles bad with him, Mayweather is bigger faster and technically better aswell as been harder to hit.

I don't think he'll steam roll him, I think he will play with and embarrass him either causing mid to late stoppage or big points win.

Marquez is half the boxer floyd is and Manny struggles bad with him, Mayweather is bigger faster and technically better aswell as been harder to hit.

But, I do not believe that using JMM as some barometer as to why Floyd embarrasses Manny is all that safe. JMM is more an attacking counter punching fighter. I think Floyd would need to be more on the back foot to win. He forces the pace and is in range, and Manny can do well.

I believe Floyd wins, but think it's intriguing and close. If Floyd dominated I would be surprised, not shocked. If Manny won on points I wouldn't be surprised. If he dominated Floyd I would be in complete shock.

Floyd has strength and size advantage, these two areas are going to be key for Floyd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

But, I do not believe that using JMM as some barometer as to why Floyd embarrasses Manny is all that safe. JMM is more an attacking counter punching fighter. I think Floyd would need to be more on the back foot to win. He forces the pace and is in range, and Manny can do well.

I believe Floyd wins, but think it's intriguing and close. If Floyd dominated I would be surprised, not shocked. If Manny won on points I wouldn't be surprised. If he dominated Floyd I would be in complete shock.

Floyd has strength and size advantage, these two areas are going to be key for Floyd.

What about if Manny KO'd Floyd in round 1? :D

HovaBaby wrote: »

Heart attack!

HovaBaby wrote: »

just would not happen, i think Manny needs several well executed punches to take Floyd out and he'd be doing well to land any clean never mind many

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭StevePH

Great analysis.

but for
    Floyd has strength and size advantage.

Manny has form for (successfully) facing bigger men. Margarito in particular looked a monster.

Myself, I just can't get off the fence for this one. Both fighters have displayed sets of abilities rarely seen. Too tough to call either way

StevePH wrote: »
    Great analysis.

but for

Manny has form for (successfully) facing bigger men. Margarito in particular looked a monster.

Myself, I just can't get off the fence for this one. Both fighters have displayed sets of abilities rarely seen. Too tough to call either way

Yes, but Floyd is a far better tactician, no point in being stronger and bigger if you have not got the skill to use this. Marg is a mummy. He never got to use his strength and size. Floyd knows how to use every inch of his body. He is a ring general. And you can be sure that in any areas or instances where physical size and strength are used, Floyd will use it very cleverly. He manhandled Hatton when many expected Hatton to be his equal, if not stronger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I think I'd almost prefer to see Floyd vs Canelo at this stage. I think he's the favourite for the May fight.

Analysis of Mayweather v Pac-man

Speed - equal
    Timing - floyd
    Combination punching - Manny
    Power - Manny
    Footwork - equal or slight edge to Manny
    Ring generalship - Floyd
    Accuracy - Floyd
    Experience - equal
    Confidence - mayweather
    Size - mayweather
    Strenght - mayweather
    chin - equal although manny is more vulnerable to a body attach
    stamina - equal
    defence - mayweather
    boxing ability - mayweather
    counter punching ability - mayweather
    versatility - mayweather
    adaptability - mayweather

Mayweather by points defeat or late stoppage.......Manny will have his moments but floyd will adapt and figure him out......manny will be dangerous in first 4 rounds, then floyd will take over

• Advertisement

Analysis of Mayweather v Pac-man

Speed - equal
    Timing - floyd
    Combination punching - Manny
    Power - Manny
    Footwork - equal or slight edge to Manny
    Ring generalship - Floyd
    Accuracy - Floyd
    Experience - equal
    Confidence - mayweather
    Size - mayweather
    Strenght - mayweather
    chin - equal although manny is more vulnerable to a body attach
    stamina - equal
    defence - mayweather
    boxing ability - mayweather
    counter punching ability - mayweather
    versatility - mayweather
    adaptability - mayweather

Mayweather by points defeat or late stoppage.......Manny will have his moments but floyd will adapt and figure him out......manny will be dangerous in first 4 rounds, then floyd will take over

You wanna' stop Manny, then you gotta' lay a beating on him, and, if Manny boxes clever, which he is more than capable of, then Floyd will have to get to him, land, land a lot, and land heavy. I do not see a stpooage win. Manny's feet are very fast, both attack and retreat. Like I said, if he wants, he can make this fight very close, almost boringly so. Both can. It could well be a stinker, due to both not wanting to "look" bad, or get hit too much.

Floyd couldn't get Mosley out of there, nor JMM. I do not believe he has enough volume, and success rate, to KO or stop Manny.

If Manny starts fast and attacks, and finds out he is getting beaten, don't you think he is capable of switching or changing his plan?

If Floyd is tentative, cautious, on the back foot and finding out that he is getting beaten, isn't he capable of a change of plan?

Both could easily cancel the other out, depending on their sucess, or lack thereof, resulting in a stinker.

You wanna' stop Manny, then you gotta' lay a beating on him, and, if Manny boxes clever, whuch he is more than capable of, then Floyd will have to get to him, land, land a lot, and land heavy. I do not see a stpooage win. Manny's feet are very fast, both attack and retreat. Like I said, if he wants, he can make this fight very close, almost broingly so. Both can. It could well be a stinker, due to both not wanting to "look" bad, or get hit too much.

Floyd couldn't get Mosley out of there, nor JMM. I do not believe he has enough volume, and success rate, to KO or stop Manny.

If Manny starts fast and attacks, and finds out he is getting beaten, don't you think he is capable of switching or changing his plan?

If Floyd is tentative, cautious, on the back foot and finding out that he is getting beaten, isn't he capable of a change of plan?

Both could easily cancel the other out, resulting in a stinker.

i agree that this could be a boring fight...it's exciting because everyone wants to see who's better but floyd will never allow himself to get into a war....

i also think this could be a little light on action ....floyd will only really step it up if he feels manny weaken significantly, which is unlikely......mayweather by points but if he does start landing clean from the early rounds i could see a late stoppage as the punishment from the straight right hands take affect

i do believe mayweather can change his plan but i dont think manny can, he proved this against JMM.......mayweather has that bit xtra......manny is one dimensional, although briallant at what he does he doesnt have what it take to beat floyd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I disagree that this fight wouldn't have made as much 4 fights ago. People were much more interested in it back then. It will still make huge money, perhaps the same as it would have, but it has definitely lost a little bit of its allure, and rightly so.

I'm done analysing it, I just want it to happen so we can actually see for ourselves the outcome.

This is an interview with Manny, given today. He wants Floyd.

“I‘ve said this over and over before and I’m saying this again,I want Floyd Mayweather Jr. to be my next opponent and I haven’t changed my choice despite recent developments.”
    Thus World Boxing Organization welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao declared by way of reacting to reports in media partly blaming him should the projected mega-fight not materialize.

“I am meeting with my promoter, Bob Arum on Tuesday and I will insist that the fight with Mayweather be given the preference than the four others in the list I will fight next,” Pacquiao told this writer in Tagalog in a long distance telephone conversation yesterday from General Santos City.

Asked where and what time his meeting with Arum, will be held, except to say that the American Hall of Fame promoter is arriving today .

“It’s not really fair for some quarters to blame me if, in the long run, the fight wouldn’t push through,” the 33-year-old RING MAGAZINE pound-for-pound best quipped. “As I have also been saying many times before, I fight for the fans. I want the fans to be happy always.”

"Whoever the fans want me to fight, I will face him atop the ring. I don’t choose fight. It is my promoter who does because it’s his job. My job is to fight, everybody must realize that,” Pacquiao, a lawmaker, a singer, movie actor, television host and a columnist, emphasized.

“Whoever says I’m ducking this fighter or that fighter, doesn’t know me, or just plainly wants to put me in bad light,” he surmised. “I never dodged from fighting anybody. If I did, I won’t be where I am now.”

The Pacquiao-Mayweather confrontation, the fight all of the boxing world wants to see, looked to have cleared of the impediments that aborted previous tries for it to materialize after Nevada Justice of the Peace Judge Melissa Saragosa deferred the unbeaten American welterweight 90-day incarceration she herself handed down shortly before year 2011 ended.
    Statements coming from Arum though beclouded its realization in May as Mayweratherr himself wants leading every Tom, Dick and Harry to finger-pointing and blaming all those concerned, including the eight-division kingpin. The Harvard graduate Arum wants the Pacquiao-Mayweather showdown held in November instead.

One of the arguments Arum advanced was that since the fight could be biggest in the history of boxing in terms of economics, he wants the fight held in a bigger arena he’s proposing to be constructed in the sing city of Las Vegas rather than the MGM Grand the World Boxing 147-pound belt holder had, in fact, reserved.

“After we’ve met, there will be negotiations between my promoters and his counterpart in whoever I’m going to fight. And you and I know that many things can happen in a negotiation,” he related. “If we agree that I will face Mayweather, then my promoter will talk to his counterpart in the Mayweather camp.”

“When Arum sits in the negotiation table, he will be laying on the table all the conditions we want, which , everybody knew already are simple. That I will abide by his demand for drug testing. I am even agreeable to get lesser purse just so the fight would push through,” he recalled. “In other words, as far as my side is concerned, there will be no problem.”

“We know, too, that Mayweather has no promoter. He negotiates by himself. So if the fight won’t be realized, it’s no longer because of me,” Pacquiao said.

Link - http://philboxing.com/news/story-65006.html

moneyman wrote: »
    I disagree that this fight wouldn't have made as much 4 fights ago. People were much more interested in it back then. It will still make huge money, perhaps the same as it would have, but it has definitely lost a little bit of its allure, and rightly ]

I don't think anyone thinks this will make more than 4 fights ago, what people are saying is that Arum has got 4 big pay days and still has this to look forward too, and worse yet probably after 2-3 more big nothing pay days so we lose and Bob Arum wins because he does not care about legacies etc

Magnificent as he is, Floyd CherryPicker Mayweather has never really wanted this fight (though, possibly, that has just slightly recently changed, following Manny's previous performance).

Comparing the CVs of both men, Manny takes ANY challenge - remember that 'WTF' moment ye first heard the De La Hoya fight mentioned? (forget what shape De La Hoya turned up in - at the time of the announcement, the challenge to take him on was one of the most admirable I've seen based on weight disparity at the time).
    Manny has continued to fight great boxers/fighters.

Mayweather's CV lacks a number of career challenges.

Even the best businessmen - eg the K brothers - soften their stance on negotiations just to get the fight done. Money isn't everything to millionaires. Men who want greatness chase it.

Comparing the CVs of both men, Manny takes ANY challenge - remember that 'WTF' moment ye first heard the De La Hoya fight mentioned? (forget what shape De La Hoya turned up in - at the time of the announcement, the challenge to take him on was one of the most admirable I've seen based on weight disparity at the time).
    Manny has continued to fight great boxers/fighters.

I'm not having that!

De la hoya is the best example of Roach/Arum picking fights, Not only was he finished as a competitive fighter but they also severely weight drained him and stipulated in his contract that he could only put so much back on meaning he was guaranteed to be fighting dehydrated, De la hoya was a shell of even the De la hoya that Mayweather fought who was huge in the ring in that fight.

also, your saying that corrales, castillo twice, Gatti, Judah, where not challenges is ridiculis, His last 5 fights where an in shape De la hoya, an unbeaten Hatton, Marquez who badly troubled Pacman 3 times and Mayweather played with him, Mosley who is Mosley and was again taken before Manny stepped in to fight him and Victor Ortiz who many saw as a potential top boxer

Manny has fought Mayweathers leftovers on 3 occasions and i would not be suprised if Ortiz is next, weight drained of course.

Manny has fought Mayweathers leftovers...

And I'm not having that - 'Leftovers' is a pretty silly term for prizefighters. I got a lot more respect for these dudes than to call em that.

The continued level of opposition on Mannys CV is better that on Floyds.
    Surely that can't be argued?

The continued level of opposition on Mannys CV is better that on Floyds.
    Surely that can't be argued?

Using De la hoya who you made Manny out to be a hero for fighting as my example, this was not the same opponent Floyd fought, not even close-they got a faded fighter and faded him even further, so he may have fought some names but in the last while there only names as there shell's he has been fighting, Marquez did not have to be dehydrated so they screw him over with the judges instead.

I'm a Manny fan, but i've felt for a couple of years now that they have been taking the piss with how there match making and the contracts there making people sign, and winning titles at catch weights etc-They should not count, Title fights should be at the title weight end of.

ps, im not comparing records, im simply saying Floyd has fought tough opposition and has not been weakening his opponents like Manny has, Mayweather is made to beat Pacman and thats always been the case, people always knew Manny struggled with Boxers and they only accepted Marquez because how washed up Floyd made him look, i genuinely gave him no chance and he gets robbed.

I'll admit. On rereading my post. The above was written too quickly...and I'll take that back.

• Advertisement

It still stands that if Mayweather really wanted to keep his P4P reputation (which I believe he favours more than any belt), he would face, at the FIRST opportunity, the man who took that place.

Before the Marquez fight, Floyd has never wanted any part of Manny.

Advertisement