Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

akinator web genius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

It really is very very good. Easily programmed too!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

It works simply enough. Just like twenty questions. Think of a massive flowchart with lots of celebrities at the end of the lines.

Tried it with Robin Williams there. It clearly had it nailed when it started asking had he played the part of a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

javaboy wrote: »
    It works simply enough. Just like twenty questions. Think of a massive flowchart with lots of celebrities at the end of the lines.

Tried it with Robin Williams there. It clearly had it nailed when it started asking had he played the part of a woman.

If you pick a character he can't get they ask you to fill their name in at the end.

The guy wrote: »
    If you pick a character he can't get they ask you to fill their name in at the end.

Yeah I saw that. I wonder if we can train it to falsely show up a non-celeb if we do him/her enough times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

He never knew that hassbender guy in eden lake, bet he wouldnt get des bishop.....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

He never knew that hassbender guy in eden lake, bet he wouldnt get des bishop.....:p

He didn't get Dylan Moran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

javaboy wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that. I wonder if we can train it to falsely show up a non-celeb if we do him/her enough times?
    shall we? :D

I've tried a few slightly less well known celebs and its failed miserably. It seems to waste an awful lot of questions asking are they Korean/Japanese/Brazilian/Israeli instead of nailing down a continent for starters. I think the AI involved is fairly basic/non-existent.
    Mirror wrote: »
    shall we? :D

Yes. Probably the handiest thing to do is to take an existing celebrity and tweak a couple of details (name,nationality,age,religion) so that we can answer consistently.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

It got Gary Neville

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

didnt get cheryl cole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

didnt get Brian Cowen either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I was guessing his ma and he got it.

I'm impressed.

britney spears.. one of the questions at the end, "has your character even shaved their head?"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Charlee Itchy Bongo

It got Maddox! Didn't expect that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Charlee Itchy Bongo

And Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭kev_s88

it got Master Chief from Halo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

didn't get Tommy Tiernan

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It just got Jimmy Pop from me I can't ****in believe that one the other ones were easy but it could of been dozens of singers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Didn't get Pat Kenny. Just like most people! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

I picked Shia Le Bouff but he guess Patrick Swayze.

I dunno why thou ... cause it asked if the character playing a film with robots???:o

• Advertisement

Put it in for Snyper.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

i was thinking anna kournakova, and it threw up maria sharapova.

it was wrong, but i didnt care, i still ended up sexually gratified :)

Advertisement