Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Spocker wrote: »
    None of those sets on the shelves in Tesco Lisduggan/Ballybeg (Waterford)

I must have just been lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Spocker wrote: »
    None of those sets on the shelves in Tesco Lisduggan/Ballybeg (Waterford)

Tesco Ardkeen (Waterford) have recently revamped their Lego section. It was previously only about 3 shelves high, now it's top to bottom Lego so there might be some stuff reduced, I'll be in there tomorrow and have a look.

On a side note, I was there about a month ago and down next to the staff entrance there were 4 full boxes of Series 11 Minifigs all with a reduced to clear sticker €2.00 sticker on them! They didn't look for sale but I grabbed two handfuls, and went to the checkout. They didn't scan :( The cashier called over a girl from the toy dept. but she didn't know when they'd be put on general sale. I've been checking back every week since but no joy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Nabbed some great deals in Smyth's Bray today, great for presents! Assume other stores might have similar. Left plane as didn't seem as good value and has been similar price on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cathal Healy

Picked up the large x-wing model ( 10240 ) in Argos at the weekend for €128.99 - €94 off. Not on the website. Looks like individual stores are clearly some old stock so it might be worth your time heading down to your local store and checking for deals there.

• Advertisement

Yeah there were some other deals there that were not online.
    Train was the most appealing one to me.

Actually hoping someone will go in and buy it because I'm VERY tempted but have spent a bit too much on Lego in the past month.:)

I picked up the x-wing, got a €10 voucher and bought the museum heist for €16 thereafter. First sets this year, but I reckon I spent 7/8 hundred on lego last year. Almost always when I saw a bargain. My son is 1 year old, so the vast majority of the sets won't be opened for years! Hope he likes lego..

I picked up the x-wing, got a €10 voucher and bought the museum heist for €16 thereafter. First sets this year, but I reckon I spent 7/8 hundred on lego last year. Almost always when I saw a bargain. My son is 1 year old, so the vast majority of the sets won't be opened for years! Hope he likes lego..

Wow! My little fella is almost 4 and I thought I was planning ahead! :)

Might head back in later to see if it's still there.
    Maybe if they let me return and rebuy the museum heist and get the €10 voucher.

Btw he's a boy. He'll be into lego. :D

Yeah if you get the train and the museum you'd get the voucher.

We've been buying set since before he was born. i think he's an excuse more than a reason tbh :)

Some reductions in debenhams. Seen the AT AT, droid gunship, death star troopers and general grevious set all with money off. There was also tecnic and a few other things with money off but I wasn't paying too much attention.

• Advertisement

In store? Only a couple of sets on sale on their website.

Some reductions in debenhams. Seen the AT AT, droid gunship, death star troopers and general grevious set all with money off. There was also tecnic and a few other things with money off but I wasn't paying too much attention.

Also some Lego city, Lego movie, ultra agent, chima and friends stuff reduced

Which Debenhams did you spot them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not sure how accurate this is, but if you go to the lego section
    http://www.debenhams.ie/toys/lego-and-construction-toys/lego?DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true

And on the bottom of the left menu there is a "Discount" sub menu.

You can choose to view the items discounted up to 30%, 30% - 50%, or 50% and over.

Maybe they're the items that are discounted in store?
    Although the discounts don't seem to be applied to everything on the website.

Remouad wrote: »
    Which Debenhams did you spot them in?

Henry st in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

Theres 20% off all lego on the littlewoods website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Withrax wrote: »
    Theres 20% off all lego on the littlewoods website

Not there today. It was yesterday.

I see 30303 The Joker Bumper Car is listed. I've seen these for mental money on bricklink.

Lego Easter Bunny €3.34 in Tesco.
    RRP €9.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

RRP €9.99

@Remouad Which Tesco?

HorseSea wrote: »
    @Remouad Which Tesco?

Crescent in limerick.
    Spotted yesterday and still a good amount there when I picked it up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

RRP €9.99

Good offer. These are popping up everywhere lately. Smyths had a load of them and a small local toy shop had a pallet of them when I walked in this week. They must have gotten their numbers completely wrong on these last year. Might explain why this years little holiday vignettes seem to have been produced in such small numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

smyths have some discounts on the starwars set, the battlepacks are 12.99, cheapest I've seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Just wondering whether the Daily mail offer : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/prmts/article-3072160/FREE-LEGO-toys-starting-Mail-weekend.html will apply here in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

tagoona wrote: »
    Just wondering whether the Daily mail offer : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/prmts/article-3072160/FREE-LEGO-toys-starting-Mail-weekend.html will apply here in ireland?

It hasn't always been the case. We have gotten most of the offers over the years, but I think there was one last year that didn't reach Ireland.

tagoona wrote: »
    It hasn't always been the case. We have gotten most of the offers over the years, but I think there was one last year that didn't reach Ireland.

Daily mail link says that Easons are participating and as far as I know they only operate in ireland so deal should be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

I know in previous offers they used Easons in the north. Remember getting the last batch in Easons in Derry.

Checked Easons today.
    They knew about the deal but didn't have any lego and couldn't find anything about it in the paper.
    Looks like it's UK only.
    Arse :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

There is an address you can post your tokens to. Ill post it soon. Easons was named in the paper as doing it and since they are not based in England then they should have been giving them out.

Advertisement