Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Weather Forecast

• 02-12-2010 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Why doesn't weather exist over Ireland in a BBC weather forecast? A large part of the UK weather comes in from the Atlantic over ROI but they rarely mention weather fronts over Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭John mac

Because its another country !!

and they are reporting on what will happen their country. not our rock (south of the northern boarder ) .

i'm sure that someone living in the east end of London is not interested in the rain on Galway,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Don't be ridiculous OP. Do you think the Czech Republic reports Slovakia's weather too? Or perhaps Norway should report Sweden's weather while they're at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

They used to give Ireland (south of the border) a regular mention up to a few years ago, before they installed that poor quality computer-forecast system.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

you can still get a general idea of what the weather will be like for us from their precipitation charts. for instance last Sunday on the farming forecast they showed Friday's front turning to snow as it moved inland over Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

its more accurate for donegal than the rte one tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The BBC is funded by taxpayers and those taxpayers do not include the RoI. RTE does not show Britains weather, why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

France is on their maps too, should they let us know what's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

German weather reports stop EXACTLY at their border, absolutely no overlap, I think deliberately so, given Germany's previous <ahem>designs</ahem> on their neighbours and that a lot of the neighbouring territory once was German. The BBC is possibly being just as PC, incase some extremist republican head starts moaning that the Queen wants us back or somesuch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

John mac wrote: »
    Because its another country !!

and they are reporting on what will happen their country. not our rock (south of the northern boarder ) .

i'm sure that someone living in the east end of London is not interested in the rain on Galway,,

Ahh I just mentioned it because ITV and Sky News mention the weather fronts coming over Ireland.

Advertisement