Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭ Tenley Large Aardvark

first time course fishing in 2 years!! would have been happy with a few roach on the waggler, cought a few, but then the bream told them to f*ck off! I had roughly a 20lb bag of hybrids with a few nice bream, my mate had roughly a
    30lb pound bag of the same, he also got a very nice roach. I will be returning with my feeder soon!

dsc00660ud7.th.jpg
    dsc00661tj1.th.jpg
    dsc00662yb4.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

What do you do with all the fish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hoggibear

Starry Smooth Hound Shark caught from a wicklow beach last summer, my P.B for this species

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭ Tenley Large Aardvark

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What do you do with all the fish?

as soon as the pic was taken, they were all relased back into the river. all the fish swam away with no problems thank god!

Macks Clewbay, These didnt all go back in the water! the majority went on the bbq and the rest for bait and the deep freeze

• Advertisement

Dalkey Doggie, Most enjoyable catch ever on a flimsly lidl telescopic, this fellah dug in around the rocks and the seal was mad for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Invincible

This is a Skate,caught off Westport Friday,186-188 lbs,measured,tagged and released,it took 1hr 46 minss to land it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

a couple of nice bass caught on a session down Co. Clare on monday 7th july

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

a couple of nice bass caught on a session down Co. Clare on monday 7th july

u look happy. i'm not happy. i have no life.

but next weekend i have 2 days off and i want to look like you in the first picture. wet, sand in my underpants, but happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭jd

u look happy. i'm not happy. i have no life.

but next weekend i have 2 days off and i want to look like you in the first picture. wet, sand in my underpants, but happy.
    Just to annoy you doc, here is another 2 from north wexford! Bass and common smooth hound

bass2_578.jpg

smut1_439.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

since the sai site is down might as well put some pics here

here is a nice wicklow smoothie
    23062008126-001.jpg

wicklow bass
    21062008121.jpg

a nice boat double actually taught this was a skate for a bit 16062008119.jpg

wicklow spotted ray
    homlyn.jpg

nice shore caught tope
    DSCF3025.jpg

boat caught tope,,, had 17 landed that day
    DSC01701.jpg

nice shore caught spurdog
    DSC01427.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

WOW DENIS THAT IS SOME TOPE YE HAVE DER:eek::eek::eek::eek:

jaysus dennis :eek:

here's a vid of a garfish i caught on monday 14th july 08(yeah i know its not a photo.. but this says more than any photo would)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9maotfCqGE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

jaysus dennis :eek:

here's a vid of a garfish i caught on monday 14th july 08(yeah i know its not a photo.. but this says more than any photo would)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9maotfCqGE

fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FullOf..IT

Hopped out of my Bivvy to the sound of my alarm screaming, one good reason to get out of bed!

Image044.jpg[/IMG]

two nice thornback ray... nothing special there..... except i was using a one hook rig :eek::eek:
    bild0043ef2.jpg

just a small one i caught today :D:D:D:D

just a small one i caught today :D:D:D:D

poor old fella. porbeagle?

tell me about the label in his fin steve please?

poor old fella. porbeagle?

tell me about the label in his fin steve please?

blue shark... 75-80lbs approx
    the fish was tagged after the catch like all blues, it keeps track of them for research and conservation, i.e. the next time it is caught, the number will be written down with weight and length and location of where caught. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

have you ever caught a tagged fish before?

• Advertisement

shblob wrote: »
    have you ever caught a tagged fish before?

i havent, but others have...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

cool, I would've thought it'd be pretty hard as there are sooooo many fish in the sea!

A jack pike in Lake McHugh in Leitrim even though the locals said there was no pike in there! First pike I caught on the rod,I caught one before in Mullingar with my bare hands and a towel but that's a diffderent story!

And here's the picture, Go me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

thats a pretty small pike!
    how did u get down to mchugh? last time i was down there there was a big F"£$£$ off sign saying no entry!

Thanks for that adonis :(

We were staying near Mohill, followed the signs, Big sign at the little carpark quoting the bye laws, no Keep Out signs or anything. No-one else there but I supppose because theres probably way better stocked lakes near bye. We were only fishing for about 40 minutes.

Ha ha on closer inspection most Pike are probably born bigger than that! ;)

tell a stupid man how the pike got in there? are there interlinking streams? are they prone to flooding?

....i'm secretly hoping pike can travel across wet fields at night like eels and pixies but i guess thats unlikely...?

Maybe the locals were telling us porkies!

http://www.angling-in-ireland.com/pages/McHugh.html

http://www.chaflynnscottage.com/localfisheries/

I might go back this weekend for a serious fish my friend has a house at Essin bridge 5 min from the lake, so maybe a better picture coming soon.
    They said that the little river in Essin has just got a stock Brown Trout, The stream was full of trout fry!. I saw a fair sized adult leap for a fly at the bottom of my friends garden so we messed around with a couple of tiny mepps for a while and he got a little perch! Funny old day that!

• Advertisement

And heres my Lough McHugh Perch.

Advertisement