Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists Who accept Medical Card Holders

• 12-09-2007 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

Hi Folks,
    Can anyone tell me if they know of a Dentist in the Carlow area, that accepts Medical Card Holders?? I have been intouch with HSE, and was told there is a dispute going on between Dentists and who ever, and most of the Dentists have now opted out of the scheme!! I could only find one Dentist in Carlow that accepts Medical Card Holders, I went to him and was not impressed!! I was in the chair for approx 3mins!! then told to leave!! I am willing to pay now, as I have given up looking around Carlow, but I am quite nervous, so would need a caring and gentle dentist!!
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

i need the same info only for dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭ Mitchell Spoiled Tension

The HSE can provide you with a list of dentists in your area "To learn more about Dental Services in your area, contact your Local Health Office. You can also call the HSE infoline: 1850 24 1850, for more information." however with the dispute at the moment I suggest you contact the dentist on the phone to see if they accept medical cards. Also try the Dublin Dental Hospital however there may be a waiting list.

Advertisement