Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet cleaners

• 15-10-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Ive decide my carpets are disgusting. I was thinking about hiring a carpet cleaner. Should i hire a carpet cleaner or steam cleaner? Also i live in North County Dublin, so if anybody knows of anywherre i can hire these that would be great.

I have front room, dining room and hall to do, so would i get this done in a day?

Sorry if this is in wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Ive decide my carpets are disgusting. I was thinking about hiring a carpet cleaner. Should i hire a carpet cleaner or steam cleaner? Also i live in North County Dublin, so if anybody knows of anywherre i can hire these that would be great.

I have front room, dining room and hall to do, so would i get this done in a day?

Sorry if this is in wrong forum

Lots of the DIY stores (Homebase etc) hire out carpet washers, as do all the plant hire outfits. Carpet cleaners as distinct from steam cleaners are readily available and can easily do a three bedroomed house in a day. They do an excellent job, but the contents of the waste water tank will make you shudder when you've finished cleaning. A good vacuuming of the carpets is advisable before using the cleaner.

Lots of threads on this lately. Have all Boardsies got grotty carpets?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Thanks
    Would i need to get carpet cleaner as well, or do the hire companies supply this?

Does the carpet get very wet, how long till you can put furniture back on it again???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Ok, I just need it for one room though, and it isn't that big. Any cheaper solutions?

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Thanks
    Would i need to get carpet cleaner as well, or do the hire companies supply this?

Does the carpet get very wet, how long till you can put furniture back on it again???

The hire companies usually supply the shampoo with the machine. I assume the DIY stores do as well, but if not you can certainly buy some from them. The carpets end up almost dry - generally just feel slightly damp. I always put the furniture back immediately and have never had any problems with doing so.

Ok, I just need it for one room though, and it isn't that big. Any cheaper solutions?

Don't know of any personally. While I haven't checked, I would guess that Homebase or their like might be cheaper than a plant hire outfit since they supply the DIY market with smaller machines, while the plant hire people really target the commercial market with larger machines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

As mentioned home base and woodies do a cleaner. Its called the dirt devil. Its quite good. You have to buy th esolution as well . I hired it on a saturday morning done my carperts when I went home. Then allowed them to dry a little then done them again sunday morning.

My carpet was bad. Its still bad but no where near as bad it was.

Thanks for all the replies, am definitely going to do it next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

I got the placedoe recently by chemex?? I think thats the name. They quote over the phone per sq foot. In and out in a few hours, carpets were like new. Dry within a few hours.

I've done it before with hired cleaners and its a pain to do.

I hired a carpet cleaner from B&Q.
    Did my carpets last night, and the colour of the water that came out was disgusting.
    I can really see the difference in my carpet now, really glad i did it!!

Advertisement