Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25th anniversary present

• 10-07-2008 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

hi all, my parents are 25 years married in august. ill be away but i want to sort out the present so my unimaginative brother can get it from the both of us. problem is, budget is v limited. maybe 100 euro. theyre already away so thats out and all i can think of is a restarant voucher but like they could easily just do that themselves...any ideas? i dont think the budget could stretch to a weekend away and i dont think theyd want that cos of work etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Couple of bottles of good wine ?
    Or one bottle of really good wine.

I'm of the Bernard Black persuasion when it comes to wine so wouldn't know a whole lot about it mind you but you should be able to get a fairly aright red & white out of that wouldn't you ?

Bernard Black: <Slurs> "The more expensiver the wine the gooder it is"
    Manny: <Slurs> "But also, the older the wine the gooder it is also ..."

A nice gift box and card. Its probably something they wouldn't feel justified spending their own cash on.

Personally I went with a couple of gift vouchers for their favorite restaurant, but i was out of the country at the time so choices were limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Champagne and cook them a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

sherifu im not gonna be at home at the time.
    so i dunno if thatd work..

c-13 thanks that might be a good idea alright

Advertisement