Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There were a few on there now but the server appears to have crashed. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,409 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah suspect it's procon doing it so I've disabled it for the moment..
    This happened about 4-5 times before disabling it...and server is now stable for the moment.

10 people on now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

hopefully be on later for a bit:)

5K was a bit much so put it to 1K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ya anything over 1k would put me off tbh

• Advertisement

28 on craggy...we're back baby :D

if anyone needs me to make room for them at any stage ping me on gmail (airblazer@gmail.com) and I'll make room for you..

Have setup a group on Steam called Craggy Island.
    Have sent out invites to those people whose steam names are known to me.
    Anyone want to join that I missed just add me to friends list "Airblazer".

Basically there's a nice few of us across Planetside 2/ Day-Z/Arma/Battlefield/Black Ops so it would be nice to see who's online and jump into whatever game most of us are on etc..if people fancy it :)

Craggy full again tonight so still plenty of people playing BF3.
    It juts needs 4 people to kick it off or seed and people start to drift in via quick match then, takes about an hour or so and it fills up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Nice one, I'll be on tomorrow evening for a few games. :)

server full...anyone who wants a space just ping me on battlelog etc.

server just crashed taking out 32 people :(
    wiping and reinstalling the server as I suspect procon to be causing issues on it..we'll dump it for the moment.
    Actually there's a mass outage at the moment in gameservers.com London DC..should be back up shortly..

• Advertisement

Had to do a full reinstall of the server after the power cut last night :(
    Back up now and running.

New link or just do a search for Craggy.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/fec0cc55-fb0a-4abd-9e7c-960b3f16c532/Craggy-Island-Caspian-Firestorm-Kharg-1K-tickets/

Another good night on Caspian etc.

Looking at the servers Caspian/Firestorm/Kharg are all runners.
    Citywise Grand Bazaar and Seine Crossing are all equally in demand as well.

So we could looking at switching over to city maps next week and see how that goes and alternate it then every week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

Try and make the transition small.

replace one of the current maps with one of the city maps . Say Kharg for one of the maps off Aftermath .. not epicenter , once of the bigger ones. Palace maybe.

^^ will do..at the moment Caspian is getting people in so will leave that as the starter map..server live right now :)
    However the problem with adding in the new maps is anyone with the DLC can't get onto the server which would be bad :)...Could add in Bazaar/Seine?
    Both of those are very popular as well. Lots of servers just running those two maps.

Put in Bazaar/Seine and Damavand for the week (Conquest large).
    All very popular maps so we should be people online ..

anyone on for BF3 tomorrow night 7-8pm onwards?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'll try & pop on around then. Fancy C4'ing some lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

lads whats the server name? searching "craggy-island" and no luck , me and 2 lads hoping to get a game goin :)

Iancar29 wrote: »
    lads whats the server name? searching "craggy-island" and no luck , me and 2 lads hoping to get a game goin :)

here ya go..make sure to save it as favourite :)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/fec0cc55-fb0a-4abd-9e7c-960b3f16c532/Craggy-Island-Bazaar-Seine-Damavand-800-tickets/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Never anyone on Craggy, shame really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

Aye tis a shame .

Only ever see the same two names when I log in and its feckin 4 player start.

yeah it's a bloody pain having a 4 player start..
    normally I seed when I get home so if I don't say hello it's probably because I'm in another room.
    Caspian does get the crowd in but find it a terribly boring map.
    Love Seine/Bazaar and have been thinking of reverting Craggy back to no health regen/vehicle repair etc to see if we get a few diehards on...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Playin a lot of Rush-HC lately, enjoying it, less gob****es although the snipers can get a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

Hardcore is silly. Was playable in BC2 but not in BF3. Gives noobs wth ****e aim too much equality with good players.

Guys, you wonder why there is no-one on the server when you make it 1K tickets?
    1K ticket servers, firstly require 64 players which Craggy isn't (currently 32p) and also some sort of active promotion. Affiliated to a clan/forum/company etc etc which Craggy isn't either. 1k ticket games can take around an hour to play sometimes and the casual player usually wants something far less committed.

If you want the server to have some activity change the maps/settings to something more popular. 32 player is perfect for Rush and conquest small. Put in some good rush maps (metro/damavand peak etc) and the new Aftermath maps and some on conquest small and put the tickets down at the correct amount for 32 players and you will see some traffic.

Alternatively you can just keep it on the big air maps you like to play on 1000 tickets and go play on other servers which is what happens. Waste of money.

Talked to Gaelic and explained the reasoning behind 1k maps etc...
    We're back to vanilla mode but we're still stuck at the same problem...seeding the server..We were getting full games on the 1K maps such as Caspian and Firestorm but they're incredibly boring maps but it involved seeding the server for an hour or two etc.. :(
    Lots of people are playing other games as well such as Fifa, Planetside/Arma/Day-Z so all competing with BF3.

We could look at doing a weekly gaming session like Infantry only /no health regen etc on weekends etc to see if peopel are interested?

I think having a weekly gaming night on the server is a great idea! Maybe Thursdays from 7pm or something? Craggy night!

End Game will bring a flurry of activity back to BF3 but really its only the die-hard BF3 players left on servers these days.

Leinster7 wrote: »
    I think having a weekly gaming night on the server is a great idea! Maybe Thursdays from 7pm or something? Craggy night!

End Game will bring a flurry of activity back to BF3 but really its only the die-hard BF3 players left on servers these days.

sounds good..won't make this Thursday but let's see what suits the majority :)
    Your an admin as well so we could make Thursday gaelic night:D

Will start seeding Craggy from tonight onwards so if you're talking to me ingame and don't get a reply don't be upset :) I'm probably changing nappies or some ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

you can leave and go to the loo

don't go all Cartman on us

Advertisement