Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Danes in Galway City?

• 28-07-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I've been in Galway 5 years now but only recently joined boards.ie so wanted to take the opportunity to see if there might be any Danes in Galway who'd want to meet up and practise the mother tongue over a coffee or a drink? I can't even write in Danish at this stage without really having to focus and only speak the language on rare occasions so would love to meet up with other Danes, or Irish people who speak Danish. I'd say there's a pretty good chance Galway is not overflooded with Danes but just in case there's anyone out there? :)

Anna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

10 years in Galway, never met a danish living here or a norwegian for that matter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

I know two Danes in Galway but they live outside Galway City and a Norwegian girl who lives in Salthill I think. I've just moved to London now myself so one less Dane in Galway :) Hopefully I can find a few more here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Skalman

Do Swedes count? :-) Just moved here in January, havnt seen, heard or meet another scandinavian person since i got here.....
    Guess it must be the weather? ;-) (Sorry kidding!)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

ye no, swedes does not count (:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I know 5-6 Swedes around Galway so they're out there. I'm Swedish myself btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Skalman wrote: »
    Do Swedes count? :-) Just moved here in January, havnt seen, heard or meet another scandinavian person since i got here.....
    Guess it must be the weather? ;-) (Sorry kidding!)

I just moved to London 4 months ago for work, otherwise I would have loved to meet up with some more Scandis. I was going to introduce you to Biko who knows a few more Swedes but I can see he contacted you himself already :) There are some great Swedes in Galway, Biko being on of them, so I hope you have fun getting to know them!

Advertisement