Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭MOH

don't they usally call out passenger names that haven't boarded yet

Think that's only if they've luggage checked in, as if they don't board they have to take the bags off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Well if he was at the boarding gate and missed the departure call, I say, it's his own fault. They always do the boarding calls right at the gates & they always mention the flight number and destination. They normally do an assembley call first (for flight xxx to xxxxx), then the priority boarders are called, then the regular boarders and finally they do the callouts for the 'last remaining passengers for xxxxx'. I think they only call the names if there's luggage checked in. Given that only one passenger missed the flight, I don't think he can complain about Ryanair or DAA tbh - it looks like the other 100-ish passengers figured it out no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

He wasn't listening to his mp3 player by any chance? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

I booked flights last night and never recieved an email with my details..

Ive been onto the website www.ryanair.com and need the conformation number (which i dont have) to retrieve my details...

Ive tried ringing their complaints department 8121230 (Number doesnt even work)

Ive tried rining their customer service department 1570224499 (Number doesnt work either)

and ive also rang the reservation number 0818303030 and thats 100% automated and isnt 1 bit helpfull

Micheal o leary is some chancer, how can i resolve this issue? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

jetski wrote: »

Ive been onto the website www.ryanair.com and need the conformation number (which i dont have) to retrieve my details...

Ive tried ringing their complaints department 8121230 (Number doesnt even work)

Ive tried rining their customer service department (Number doesnt work either)

and ive also rang the reservation number and thats 100% automated and isnt 1 bit helpfull

Micheal o leary is some chancer, how can i resolve this issue? :mad:

Were you actually charged for the flight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Happened to me before. You need to write down your ref number - you get advised to do this when you book! Anyhoo, if you contact your credit card company they can give you the ref number as it makes up part of the transaction reference.

Just got off the phone to My credit card company, the girl on the phone said she has had quite a few calls saying ryanair werent sending out emails.

so what do ryanair.com do?.............. Turn off their phones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I needed to book a same day flight with them once and rang that reservations no, got nowhere, ended up finding some ryanair sucks website which had all their info. On one of those i got through after 35 mins to find out the flights were 160 more than aer lingus. Its crazy how difficult they make it to talk to someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭lynchie

lol.. people dont read the instructions on the final page.. It tells you to either print it off or make note of the reference number!!!

Get back onto your cc provider and ask them for the reference on the CC transaction. It contains your ref number in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭brick tamland

1st off, check your spam/filter or whatever you may have it may be in there

i had a similar problem a few weeks back after i deleted a ryanair email like an idiot. couldnt get thru on any helpline. i googled "lost Ryanair email" and i found a direct number on some forum or other that put me through to some helpful lad in Ryanair. Cant find the number now sorry. but there was more than 1 number mentioned on various sites.

he did advise me though you dont need this ref number to board the flight, just valid ID. You will need the reference however if you need to change any details or flights on-line

• Advertisement

ive flown with ryanair before and allways got email cofirmation of details..... so didnt bother writing it down! and i did contact the cc company and ask for the reference number they had and the transaction is still pending so they dont have any details :mad:

P.s the first thing i did was check the spam filter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its also good practice to not close that confirmation page on ANY order until you receive the e-mail...which is normally about a min or so.

its "good practice" for ryanair to stick to their policy. and its also "good practice" for ryanair to leave their phones on when they have caused a problem.....

€603 is the amount of money ive given them and its simply unacceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

You're probably lucky you didn't get through, some of their phonelines are £1.50 sterling a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged.

We are trying out a common Ryanair thread rather than having many threads in the forum.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

its "good practice" for ryanair to stick to their policy. and its also "good practice" for ryanair to leave their phones on when they have caused a problem.....

€603 is the amount of money ive given them and its simply unacceptable.
    from their point of view its quite possibly unacceptable that you dont follow the simple instruction they give you.
    Dont close the window until the email pops in.
    If you need to go somewhere etc and still no email, save the page.
    Simple As.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

GreeBo wrote: »
    from their point of view its quite possibly unacceptable that you dont follow the simple instruction they give you.
    Dont close the window until the email pops in.
    If you need to go somewhere etc and still no email, save the page.
    Simple As.
    or simply write down the confirmation number or print it out.

might make more sence to you if you read all the posts rather than one or two :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

That is one of the oldest tricks in their books, they will try to get you on to a premium rate number to retrieve these details. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I flew yesterday and had the confirmation number written in PEN on the back of a receipt, this was 100% fine.

Just take it down from the confirmation page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭MOH

That is one of the oldest tricks in their books, they will try to get you on to a premium rate number to retrieve these details. :rolleyes:

The details which they explicitly tell you to take a note of when you book with them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Maybe we should rename this thread: "Stupid things that people do and then blame Ryanair"?

First a guy sits at the gate and doesn't board the plane while everyone else does?

And then it's their fault that people don't follow the simple instruction to print the page or take down the reference number.

Jetski, you don't seem to listen to advice very well but here's some anyway: you don't need the reference number to check in, just your photo ID. (Unless you've forgotten the flight details which of course would be Ryanair's fault as well).

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

For a change: Praise.:)

I travel with Ryanair a lot, and Ive just booked with them again. 43 quid return to London. I cant even park my car in Quick Park for that. Yeah, I know they have their problems, and they are useless if you do something wrong or need to cancel, or whatever. But where else would you get a flight to London for less than an Irish train fare?

And I paid attention to the booking process because of this thread, and printed out the page, but I did also get the confirmation email two minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ryanair are a shower of Baxtards

baldbear wrote: »
    Ryanair are a shower of Baxtards
    Why, exactly?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I think this must be illegal.

I booked a flight with Ryan air, the price per leg of the flight was displayed, i hit confirm, then the price of add ons was displayed showing the total cost at the bottom of the page, I hit confirm. Then it said "pay X", I hit confirm and now the bill - after my card has been debited is 10eur higher due to cc handling!

Surely its not legal to hide a charge like this, I've no doubt its somewhere in the T&C but there are requirements to have prominent notices of all charges. What government department can I complain to?

I booked a flight with Ryan air, the price per leg of the flight was displayed, i hit confirm, then the price of add ons was displayed showing the total cost at the bottom of the page, I hit confirm. Then it said "pay X", I hit confirm and now the bill - after my card has been debited is 10eur higher due to cc handling!

Surely its not legal to hide a charge like this, I've no doubt its somewhere in the T&C but there are requirements to have prominent notices of all charges. What government department can I complain to?
    I think thats mentioned in a thread before somewhere, Im sure Ive seen it. It was also on Today FM one evening, Ryanair were challenged over charging per passenger, I think, for cc payments. Visa electron cards carry no additional fee. Sorry dont know who to complain to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i fly in the morning with them, as i have done about 4-6 times a year, I'll let you know how i get on. :p

For those who never get email confirmation, I just got a second one from them. It must automatically trigger a few days before you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

They show you the total cost right above where you enter your credit card details - how were you charged 10 euro more than was displayed there?

Advertisement