Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Playing Old School difficulty now.

No dicking around on this mode. You gotta be fast and precise. And there is no last stand. You could have any amount of painkillers but you'll die if you dont take them manually

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

got it and really enjoying but my god...the xbox controller sucks balls compared to the kb+mouse.
    I couldn't wait a week more to buy it for pc but I'm already regretting it..will prob pick it up anyway..
    also just noticed that the original max payne was released a few weeks ago for the ipad....awesome :D:D
    The original was a classic...on PC of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Il be on around 11. Would b good to get a few boards crew on the same team

gt is Cremkie

Couldn't find an mp game yesterday afternoon and want to play with a few guys that I can get to know

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gt is Cremkie

Couldn't find an mp game yesterday afternoon and want to play with a few guys that I can get to know

Sent you a crew invite there. We have a good few active players on both ps3 and xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sent you a crew invite there. We have a good few active players on both ps3 and xbox.

Cheers...will join later this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ha did anyone find the piano on chapter 12
    Max plays the theme from the original game and says "the soundtrack to my life"
    :D

Plenty of videos on youtube I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I love the way when you go up to a door, Max sort of slams his shoulder into it and tries to open it :D its a tiny thing I know, but its so cool.

Ya, came across 2 piano's, the 1st sounds sh*t but he gets the hang of it 2nd time round, was class.

Just rage quitted off multiplayer. About 5 games in a row where the other team were over level 30 and my team under level 10. I used 3 different classes, mini 30, ak and uzi and with all 3 I just kept getting killed and could barely kill anyone. Just couldn't understand it and no way is that I might be crap :pac:

Put on Arkhamm City to get ready for the new DLC tomorrow, forgot how good a game it was but i'll be back Max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Got it today and I'm up to chapter 3 now. Excellent stuff so far, loving the story to it but didn't expect any less from Rockstar.

I think the "final kill cam" should be standard in every game from now on. So satisying to watch a guy getting turned in to a bullet warmer slow mo, even it means cursing the waste of ammo around the next corner :D nice to play a game again that doesn't think hiding behind boxes can heal bullet wounds, feels very "adult" so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Finished it today. Loved it .cracking game over all..Multiplayer aint anything special but its very solid and fun. Is there a way of seeing what crew members are online and play with them without being psn friends ?

• Advertisement

Ya soby, at the main mulyiplayer screen where you can change loadout, avatar, playlist, etc. press L1 to see crew members online and invite them to tour party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Finished it there. Goin through the bowels of the football stadium and the favelas was very fùcking enjoyable, and it's certainly the same old max at it's core but this engine is creaking and some luster doesn't cover it up. Game could be from 2011 but you gotta love max payne even if it did feel he was dragging it out a bit, his constant self-analysis equally becoming tongue in cheek self indulgence a good 7.5 to 8 from ten because of some refreshing Rockstar authenticity.

or Moviestar, they should reconsider maybe because they know how to instill character into a dodgy build

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Definitely enjoyed this game, an equal to the older ones at least in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

this should be abit cheaper now shouldt it anyone know if theres a shop thats got it for cheapest in town:confused: might head in later to get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

It's only been out less than 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

PC version for me this Friday gonna be awesome seen a friend play it on ps3 seemed it had some fps issues.

Best game of the year so far in my opinion, storyline is absolutely brilliant. Just up to disc 2 now. Shaved head Max reminds me of Walter from Breaking Bad :D

I'm also hoping GTA V keeps the same level of gore. Adds a really gritty and realistic atmosphere to the gun fights. Final kill cam is something I love stocking up on ammo for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

am on chapter 12, have only played one game of mp so far but it was EPIC wanna beat the story mode so i can really hammer into mp

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

finding it fairly meh tbh, the story is good its just all so familiar, oh look i have to use a sniper rifle to protect someone far away, this is new and original. it does look lovely though the cityscapes when you're on rooftops and near windows are great. I'll stick with it but am tempted to just put it to easy mode and fly through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

so far even tho ive heard that some people aren't finding the story "amazing", i've never heard anyone complain about the last level, for me its the best level in a game i've played in recent times, gameplay + level design + music = perfect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

psugrue wrote: »
    so far even tho ive heard that some people aren't finding the story "amazing", i've never heard anyone complain about the last level, for me its the best level in a game i've played in recent times, gameplay + level design + music = perfect

EDIT: Gah, mis-read that! :o:o

Dead right though, one of the best endings to a game I've played in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Multiplayer is really gone down hill for me, the matchmaking is terrible now, I'm seeing level 5-12 players getting matched with a room half full of level 30+ .

Then after i have played one or 2 matches, it will start putting me into enpty lobbies regardless of playlist selected, and even with open NAT, very annoying.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

ugh, this game got very boring very fast, I have to force myself to finish it so I can trade it. In the airport now, someone please tell me I'm nearly done

calex71 wrote: »
    Multiplayer is really gone down hill for me, the matchmaking is terrible now, I'm seeing level 5-12 players getting matched with a room half full of level 30+ .

Then after i have played one or 2 matches, it will start putting me into enpty lobbies regardless of playlist selected, and even with open NAT, very annoying.:mad:

Ya Calex, I'm getting the exact same! I'm either in empty lobbies or put against level 30's and 40's packing mad weapons and heavy armour, can't get any kills, frustrating to the point of just turning it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

They seem to have misbalanced the online quite a bit in this one. There are a number of flaws that were there in Red Dead Redemption that get highlighted in the online here as well like the characters inability to shoot out a window without remodelling the ceiling above you. I've been focusing my play time on Deathmatch and Payne Killer more so than anything else so far as I'm finding with gang wars you either get on a team that white washes the others or you get whitewashed yourself. Doesn't seem to be any middle anymore in the gang wars I'm getting into anyway.

I had the same problem as you guys the other night as well where as people left the lobby they didn't seem to be replaced until we're sitting there on our own playing. I'm still playing Free Aim online and it doesn't seem like there are many playing that mode. Hesitant to go soft lock as I remember how frustrating it was in Red Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm up to the start of Chapter 6 right now. I'm really really enjoying it. It is definitely the best game so far this year. I quite like the mini-breaks in between sections, in particular, the stadium section is excellent.

The kill cam is great, you know you are free to run around and find the collectables, pain pills, etc, etc. I really like the slow-mo when you have to kill the guy quickly, or you die.

Overall, really enjoying so far, but it does involve quite a bit of dying. The dynamic difficulty is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

al28283 wrote: »
    ugh, this game got very boring very fast, I have to force myself to finish it so I can trade it. In the airport now, someone please tell me I'm nearly done
    Not too far now, through the baggage area, through the back rooms, through the airport lobby and into a hanger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you could always just.. not finish it. if you're not enjoying it why on earth are you playing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Loved the original Max Payne & its sequel. Was highly dubious of this new one, I'm not into achievements, unlockables, multiplayer etc etc. Just give me a good immersive game & storyline and I'm sold.

My dubiousness soon turned to excitement & enjoyment though. Rockstar have done an incredible job here, the game is fantastic. Max is still max, & I love the character. A very well done to Rockstar from this old Max Payne fan :cool:

• Advertisement

Finished it last night, definitely game of the year for me (at least until GTA V arrives :D). That last level was absolutely epic, got chills when that music kicked in!
    I'm also happy they didn't go down the route of killing the main character off, was nice to see Max walking away alive at the end. You know when you're shocked to see a happy ending that the dramatic ones are overdone :D kind of small thing I noticed too but so well done: he's drinking a soda in the image that plays behind the main menu once you've finished it, nice continuity.
    One thing I'm slightly sketchy on (possibly down to being distracted during a couple of the later scenes) is what exactly Victors motivation was? He killed both of his brothers and destroyed the Fabricas Branco HQ so what was he hoping to gain from it?

I didn't have any doubts that Rockstar would deliver a quality game. Starting my 2nd playthrough now :D

Advertisement